McKenzie: Blackhawks won't qualify Dylan Strome

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My bet is he is going to play in Edmonton on a one year show me contract.
My subsequent bet, if that occurs, is that he's going to show f***-all 'cause Edmonton doesn't have the superstar wingers to spare to carry him like Kane and DeBrincat currently do, and he'll end up in Free Agent Purgatory from team to team for another year or two before heading off to Europe or something.

The guy isn't completely hopeless - his game does improve with stars, and those stars also do better with him - but there's so many other players that do so much more given such opportunities.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
If Puljujarvi is actually moved, the major junior junkies of Canadian media would love the prospect of Strome playing on McDavid's wing again.

It would also be interesting to watch if Colorado looked at either Ryan or Dylan Strome to replace Kadri leaving. They'd be in good positions to succeed if they're able to keep Nuke, as they'd likely be in between him and one of Lekhonen or Landeskog/Rantanen.

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If Habs trade Dvorak or send down Wright I would definitely take a shot at him. What sort of contract is he looking for?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
tumblr_nqkr5r32Vk1retk6lo1_500.gifv

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Isn't Strome too slow for the NHL?

Why would McDavid want him on his wing?

Is Colorado actively pursuing Jonathan Drouin to play on MacKinnon's wing?
McDavid worked well with speedster Pat Maroon, so I don't think speed is the factor for compatability with McDavid.

Most people just like to think about it because they played together in junior.

Heck if he got to be on their line I'm sure he'd play any position :laugh:

Man after his first year with us I really thought he was going to reach at least some of his potential
I think his potential is as NHL role player who looks okay beside star players.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Credit to Arizona for getting Nick Schmaltz for this guy. Chayka gets a lot of hate but that was shrewd move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad