Pre-Game Talk: Blackhawks vs Wild - 03.05.13 - 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
technically, the north stars are dallas, not the wild :laugh:

Semantics. I always view the team as just staying in the market regardless of other factors, as that home market is the one that really cares about the history. The Baltimore Ravens are the new Baltimore Colts, the Colorado Avalanche are the new Colorado Rockies, etc., etc.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Semantics. I always view the team as just staying in the market regardless of other factors, as that home market is the one that really cares about the history. The Baltimore Ravens are the new Baltimore Colts, the Colorado Avalanche are the new Colorado Rockies, etc., etc.

And the Atlanta Thrashers were the Atlanta Flames. ;)

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
"We" have had a pretty good game pace lately. I think it'll be an entertaining game. Good luck, dear opponent!

Silently hoping for the combo breaker

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No chance the snow messes this game up? Not sure what the weather is like in minny

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
"We" have had a pretty good game pace lately. I think it'll be an entertaining game. Good luck, dear opponent!

Silently hoping for the combo breaker

I think every team the Hawks have played since around Game 10 has been hoping for the combo breaker.

The Hawks are seeing other teams at their best, and they're still winning.

Gotta love it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bolland is playing tonight, if it hasn't been mentioned already.

vegasvic

Jan 10, 2010
I'll happily take a good ol' fashioned 4-1 victory. Keep the blood pressure down for a change...

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I think every team the Hawks have played since around Game 10 has been hoping for the combo breaker.

The Hawks are seeing other teams at their best, and they're still winning.

Gotta love it.

Everyone since game 2 has been hoping to end our streak. They all try to beat us every game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Everyone since game 2 has been hoping to end our streak. They all try to beat us every game.

Which is why I still think this streak portends well for our playoff hopes, assuming we stay healthy. We're going to be a tad more used than everyone else at seeing other teams constantly bringing their A-game (or near A-game) multiple times a week.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Which is why I still think this streak portends well for our playoff hopes, assuming we stay healthy. We're going to be a tad more used than everyone else at seeing other teams constantly bringing their A-game (or near A-game) multiple times a week.

Definitely, it certainly doesn't hurt, that's for sure.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Future divisional rivalry game incoming.

Let's smack 'em so hard the North Stars feel it!

Former North Stars/Current Wild fan coming in peace....

I'm really looking forward to re-igniting that old rivalry that existed back in the 70's and 80's...

Question for Hawks fans that are old enough to remember the days of Dino Cicarelli and Al Secord: Understanding that the Red Wings are the biggest traditional rivalry with the Blackhawks, what are your recollections of the battles with the North Stars? Do you think that a similar rivalry can kick off with the Wild (assuming realignment goes through and the Wild pick it up a notch, competitively speaking)?

Speaking as a Wild fan, I could never really feel it with the Oilers, Flames and Canucks...Since the moment Minnesota was awarded the Wild, I've been itching for realignment so we can get into the same division as Chicago, St Louis, and Dallas...would've been nice for Detroit to stick around as well.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville

I'm really looking forward to re-igniting that old rivalry that existed back in the 70's and 80's...

Question for Hawks fans that are old enough to remember the days of Dino Cicarelli and Al Secord: Understanding that the Red Wings are the biggest traditional rivalry with the Blackhawks, what are your recollections of the battles with the North Stars? Do you think that a similar rivalry can kick off with the Wild (assuming realignment goes through and the Wild pick it up a notch, competitively speaking)?

For me it's the 1991 first round playoff matchup. I was certain we were gonna slice up the North Stars especially after Roenick opened up Game 1 with a goal like 30 seconds in, but then the Stars ended up beating us that game and won the series in 6. Bad times for Hawk fans that year.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

I'm among the older posters here, so I remember that stuff.

Do I think it can rekindled? No. How can any team or fan hate the Wild? You can't even say you hate the wild... it makes you sound a like a nature hater lol. It's the worst team nickname in all of sports IMO. It comes off as a cheesy expansion team to me, and I can't see how that would change.

To get more specific. when I was a kid... Wing games were the biggest rivalry. But Blues and Northstar games were right behind them. Hated Dino both with Minnesota and Detroit. Miss those days. It's too bad you guys can't figure out a way to get that old team name and uniforms back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad