Pre-Game Talk: Blackhawks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
kreider-stepan-nash, hayes-brassard-zuccarello, hageling-sheppard-miller, glass-moore-fast

Hageling

Definition: Going at a rate unknown among human beings.
Synonyms: Speeding, Escalating
Antonyms: Idling

In a sentence: The new Porsche race car went from zero to Hageling in under 2.1 seconds, leaving the competition far behind.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I am excited to see Kreider-Stepan-Nash back together, although that tweet makes it look like Kreids is at RW, which I doubt.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: New-look #NYR lines: Kreider-Stepan-Nash, Hayes-Brassard-Zuccarello Hagelin-Sheppard-Miller Glass-Moore-Fast.â€

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
...and the bottom six has turned into a dumpster fire. I like Shep, but he should not be centering the third line. I'd rather see Miller moved up to the top 6 and Hayes stay at 3C. At least Glass isn't moved up. Although Lindberg or Klingberg (lol) would be much better options.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with Sheppard at 3C either, but I'm not sure they had a choice, or any other result had a real chance of happening.

Hayes' dominance with Brass+Zucc is still fresh in AV's mind.

Calling up Lindberg would've been ideal but........yeah.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Hageling

Definition: Going at a rate unknown among human beings.
Synonyms: Speeding, Escalating
Antonyms: Idling

In a sentence: The new Porsche race car went from zero to Hageling in under 2.1 seconds, leaving the competition far behind.

This is amazing!!!

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yeah I'm not thrilled with Sheppard at 3C either, but I'm not sure they had a choice, or any other result had a real chance of happening.

Hayes-Brass-Zucc looked good, but it was only one game. I guess they should try something else since they've been struggling to score goals recently, but I prefer a more balanced top 9 than what we're seeing.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

Sheppard was good on the Sharks third line the past two seasons. With that kind of speed on his wings, he'll do well. It's his natural position, and he does well on the cycle with fast, physical wingers who crash the net.

Hoping when St. Louis comes back they have these lines:

62-21-61
20-16-36
10-13-26
45-28-19

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Sheppard was good on the Sharks third line the past two seasons. With that kind of speed on his wings, he'll do well. It's his natural position, and he does well on the cycle with fast, physical wingers who crash the net.

62-21-61
20-16-36
10-13-26
45-28-19

****ing this. Those lines are perfect. Hags and MSL had awesome chemistry in the playoffs last year. I think MSL (if he reverts to playoffs Marty) on Hayes's wing could do him good.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I too would be interested in seeing Hayes with Marty. Hayes is probably our best center when it comes to creating time and space for his linemates, and god knows Marty can't create it on his own this season.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
****ing this. Those lines are perfect. Hags and MSL had awesome chemistry in the playoffs last year. I think MSL (if he reverts to playoffs Marty) on Hayes's wing could do him good.

Hell, they had it THIS year when they would end up on the same line...

I said it before--whoever gets shuffled into MSL's spot and performs (which is likely, considering how bad MSL has been in that top spot) will most likely STAY in that spot. MSL's not going on the 4th line, so the logical move is to put MSL on the 3rd line in Millers spot.

Again, this does 3 things that help us:

- MSL goes against 3rd line competition instead of 1st line competition, which gives him more space.
- our RW depth now becomes a problem for other teams to match up to, because MSL is still a real threat on top line competition, and becomes even MORE of a threat on the 3rd line because of the 3rd line
- MSL gets to play with Hagelin, who excels with him
- Stepan gets to play between Krider and Miller, both of which have chemistry together and can produce offensively with a centerman that needs someone who can finish--Marty hasn't been that guy, he's a detriment to that line

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

62-21-61
20-16-36
10-13-26
45-28-19

Those lines are a slice of fried gold.

Pls make them happen AV.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

62-21-61
20-16-36
10-13-26
45-28-19

I'm quite hesitant to move Nash off LW this season, though his goal scoring has tailed off a bit - think it falls in line with the struggles of the rest of the team.

Sign me up for:

61-21-26
20-16-36
62-13-10
45-28-19

But in reality?

Dubinsky - Stepan - Jagr
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Hayes - Cherepanov
Sheppard - Moore - Miller

In this universe, we trade Callahan for Nash instead of Dubinsky, Jagr never leaves the Rangers, and Cherepanov doesn't tragically leave this Earth.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I must say, the schedule is incredibly unfair to the Hawks. Not only is it b2b, but one is in the Midwest and the other in NYC. On top of that, it's a late start at 8:30 EST, so they won't finish the game until 11:15 (maybe another half an hour longer if it's OT and SO), and won't change/shower until close to 1 am. By the time they fly into NYC, it will already be light outside. And then they have to play a well-rested Rangers team.

We really have no excuse to lose this one. The NHL screwed up big time here.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I'm good with bumping Sheppard to the third line. Time to mix and match a little bit to find the right combos.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I must say, the schedule is incredibly unfair to the Hawks. Not only is it b2b, but one is in the Midwest and the other in NYC. On top of that, it's a late start at 8:30 EST, so they won't finish the game until 11:15 (maybe another half an hour longer if it's OT and SO), and won't change/shower until close to 1 am. By the time they fly into NYC, it will already be light outside. And then they have to play a well-rested Rangers team.

Yup! Chicago getting screwed pretty bad here, with the schedule of course.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Yeah thats really all kinds of unfair for Chicago.

The Rangers have also played the tail end of b2b's against a team coming off of a 5 day rest twice this season. Granted they won both games, but there is no reason for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad