GDT: Blackhawks @ Devils - 6:00 CT - NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Knew the Smiley face killer had to be an HFBoards guy, my bet was on musto or kbib tho
IMG_7452.jpeg

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
This team and its roster of junk is unwatchable at the moment. This cannot continue next season, sorry tank brigade we need a few guys on the roster that can play at this level and we are not hoping for 19 and 20 year olds to develop quickly while losing like this. Losing of this magnitude is doing no one any good. I get they have had a bunch of injuries but thats hockey, the roster was way too thin. Get a few quality players in here to play with the kid next year, he needs it he has hit a wall and can do nothing with the crap he has on the ice. I hope his confidence can handle this the rest of the year. They will still blow with a few quality vets to play with Bedard next season, the roster may not even be good in the AHL at the moment. And that goes for all the kids, not just Bedard. They need some talent mixed in.

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
This team and its roster of junk is unwatchable at the moment. This cannot continue next season, sorry tank brigade we need a few guys on the roster that can play at this level and we are not hoping for 19 and 20 year olds to develop quickly while losing like this. Losing of this magnitude is doing no one any good. I get they have had a bunch of injuries but thats hockey, the roster was way too thin. Get a few quality players in here to play with the kid next year, he needs it he has hit a wall and can do nothing with the crap he has on the ice. I hope his confidence can handle this the rest of the year. They will still blow with a few quality vets to play with Bedard next season, the roster may not even be good in the AHL at the moment. And that goes for all the kids, not just Bedard. They need some talent mixed in.
This. I don’t want Bedard to want to force a trade at the end of his ELC. They have the cap space to put together a legit NHL roster next year. High aav, term less than 4 years.

I’m not sure why people are so concerned about the cap. Right now, the only one due for a massive raise is 98, to a lesser extent Vlasic. None of these prospects will be looking for $$$ for at least 4 years. I don’t think Bedard will want to wait that long to *hopefully* be competitive.

Nylander - 4x15
Chandler Stephenson - 2x7
Stamkos - 2x9
Pesce - 2x6.5

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This. I don’t want Bedard to want to force a trade at the end of his ELC. They have the cap space to put together a legit NHL roster next year. High aav, term less than 4 years.

I’m not sure why people are so concerned about the cap. Right now, the only one due for a massive raise is 98, to a lesser extent Vlasic. None of these prospects will be looking for $$$ for at least 4 years. I don’t think Bedard will want to wait that long to *hopefully* be competitive.

Nylander - 4x15
Chandler Stephenson - 2x7
Stamkos - 2x9
Pesce - 2x6.5
Why would these players take these deals with a bottom 2 team and not anywhere else?

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Absolutely agree. Everyone is all in on ‘lose so we can get this other kid’. There is nothing around Bedard. Vlasic looks solid. Korchinski is 19. Could be really good but we don’t know. No idea what the goaltending will be. Even if a couple of these younger players plan out, this team still needs at least 6-8 guys that can play NHL hockey.

As constructed, this is probably the worst NHL roster I’ve seen in the last 10 years.

No update on Bedard? No reporters getting info? I hate this part about hockey. What’s the big need for mystery. If a guy gets a high ankle sprain in football, we hear that from the team and reporters. The whole LBI/UBI thing is annoying. Gives you zero assessment of how long they will be out.

Was it a concussion? Was it teeth? Did he break his jaw? Why the big mystery?

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
While you don't want them surrounded by suckage for years to come....

IMO, you're in denial if you didn't realize the second Hagel/Cat were traded (plus short term FA signings) that we were in for some very rough years ahead. This is it, and yes it sucks.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Absolutely agree. Everyone is all in on ‘lose so we can get this other kid’. There is nothing around Bedard. Vlasic looks solid. Korchinski is 19. Could be really good but we don’t know. No idea what the goaltending will be. Even if a couple of these younger players plan out, this team still needs at least 6-8 guys that can play NHL hockey.

As constructed, this is probably the worst NHL roster I’ve seen in the last 10 years.

No update on Bedard? No reporters getting info? I hate this part about hockey. What’s the big need for mystery. If a guy gets a high ankle sprain in football, we hear that from the team and reporters. The whole LBI/UBI thing is annoying. Gives you zero assessment of how long they will be out.

Was it a concussion? Was it teeth? Did he break his jaw? Why the big mystery?
We could just have an ounce of patience. People upset last night of not immediately getting news was odd.

The injury news thing. The tram being talented thing is a lot of patience needed

Reactions: Mrfenn92

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Probably one of the hawks most exciting games of the year to bad Bedard got hurt but it was a clean hit. At least the hawks made him answer. We had Murphy and tinordi throw some hits and bahl was running all over on there side. Would of liked to see tinordi go after him. But these last two games the hawks have made teams earn it. Soderbolm gave up a soft goal again but wasn't terrible.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I have to agree with John Scott, it was nice to see the Hawks as mentally, physically and emotionally invested in a game as they were last night. Too bad it took our star getting injured for that to happen. If we're going to skate this collection of grinders and plugs, every night. then they should play that role, not pretend to be skill players. I'm not asking for Norris Division level of physicality, but they should be playing an honest, in your face type of game by playing with an edge, finishing checks and attacking the net.

I didn't expect many wins this season, but too many times we have gone gently into the night, when we should have been trying to pull teams down to our level instead of graciously trying to play up to them. I'd like to see a culture of hard work, accountability, tenacity and solidarity established here, so we don't end up like the Sabres, a team with all those high picks but don't know how to win.

Reactions: Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad