• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 18.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Yet scouts valued them similarly at the mid point of the year. That's a testament to Senneckes tools and now those tools are culminating in points. This is a good thing.

Or it’s just a hot streak?

Iginla’s complete season + playoffs ain’t just a hot streak.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Or it’s just a hot streak?

Iginla’s complete season + playoffs ain’t just a hot streak.

Or maybe it was and his prince George and u18 tape is the real Iginla.

Regardless, they were both rated in the late teens at mid season by the most reliable list we get every year. Both have top 10ish billing as the season winds down, they're both late risers.

You feel more comfortable with one, that's cool, I got no issues with that. But they're both late risers.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Or maybe it was and his prince George and u18 tape is the real Iginla.

Regardless, they were both rated in the late teens at mid season by the most reliable list we get every year. Both have top 10ish billing as the season winds down, they're both late risers.

You feel more comfortable with one, that's cool, I got no issues with that. But they're both late risers.

Lol 16 year old Iginla’s season being the real deal.

Sennecke has much more chance to be a flash in the pants, a hot streak,etc because he has not prooved it for a long time. It all could be a simple fact of getting hot in the playoffs. That’s a big risk to take when you fell in love with a late riser ala KK in U18.

Iginla was good from day 1 and kept getting better during ALL year + playoffs. That ain’t a late riser but a steady riser all year long.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I much muuuuch prefer a riser than a faller. Don't let KK scare you.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Think about that;

When you look in Regular season and in the playoffs....:

Senneke's stats ( GOALS) are nowhere near the ones of Justin Poirier...not even close...

..and Poirier is 9 months younger.

We are talking now Top 10 for Senneke and not even a first round for Poirier.

One is 6.2 and the other is 5.7...

If I would ask 10 people..who will have the better career I bet 9 people would say Senneke.
There is a significant difference in the level of play between the Q and the OHL.
I also believe age is not that relevant unless you expect Poirier might still have a growth spurt.

As for Poirier not a first rounder (I am not sure), I think team will love his profile late first/early second.

Reactions: crosbyshow

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Lol 16 year old Iginla’s season being the real deal.

Sennecke has much more chance to be a flash in the pants, a hot streak,etc because he has not prooved it for a long time. It all could be a simple fact of getting hot in the playoffs. That’s a big risk to take when you fell in love with a late riser ala KK in U18.

Iginla was good from day 1 and kept getting better during ALL year + playoffs. That ain’t a late riser but a steady riser all year long.
Prince George as in the playoff series he just played. he played for Seattle as a 16 year old.

also lol at flash in the pants

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He was a bad pick but not because he was a riser.

And to be honest, I don't think he was even a bad pick at the time. To me his problem resides in his development and his dedication.

He had great tools and has a great profile. Sometimes they bust, it happens.
He was over drafted because of his position.
If he would have been a LW I do not think he is drafted 3rd overall

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

So Beaudoin is saying

They want to add some size with their pick, but Demidov would supplant that because of his talent level.

Very unlikely to take a defenseman unless the context lends itself to it.

As of now Catton not in their sights due to the size.

Canadiens love Sennecke, he's in the mix. Probably not ahead of Lindstrom or Demidov.
Sucks to hear we not high on Catton.

Reactions: Rozz and habsfan891

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Unless we pick 1-2, it does feel like we're picking Sennecke.

I tend to believe this is the Habs' current list :
  • Celebrini
  • Demidov
  • Lindstrom (conditional to the severity of his back injury)
  • Sennecke
  • Iginla
Chances are we pick 6th and I think all of Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom (still depending of his injury status) will be picked top 5.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
One thing is sure...Sennecke will help a team win at one point. 'Cause he does have the skating, the IQ and the hockey awareness to do great things. And there's a A LOT of filling out to do which also projects very well.

But....if you pick that kid top 5-7......you still need to see that elite quality.....and so far, I'm not so sure.
I mean it’s like Slafkovsky, what’s his elite quality? It’s simply being as good as he is in all aspects of the game while being the size he is. Sennecke is the same, there’s really no negative with him other than defensively.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
It's actually great to hear that.

If one of Lindstom or Demidov are available when we pick, which should be the case if we draft no lower than 5, that'll be the pick.
I want Demidov and am glad the CH are high on him... can't seem him falling to us though. We'd have to move up in the lottery for it to happen, IMO.

I like the idea of Lindstrom, but his injuries scare me a little.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Iginla had a awesome season from day 1 to the end. Sennecke started to put point 2 months ago.

Iginla ain’t a late riser lol. And he’s 7 months younger than Sennecke.
What’s wrong with a late riser? You want them to show progression. The kid is leading the OHL in playoff scoring, that’s exactly what you want. Hot streaks don’t span months, Sennecke has been on a tear since January.

KK was a late riser just because of a single useless tournament against children and the fact that he was a big centre.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
He was a bad pick but not because he was a riser.

And to be honest, I don't think he was even a bad pick at the time. To me his problem resides in his development and his dedication.

He had great tools and has a great profile. Sometimes they bust, it happens.
I was kidding of course.

I was not a fan of the pick, but nevertheless was rooting for KK to succeed.

It's very hard to project a 17-18 year old kid, with so many elements that can can affect a player's development at such a young age, be it positively or negatively. Even pundits can get it wrong more often than not.

Reactions: Seb

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I was doing the Tankathon, and kept getting the 2nd Overall pick, which gave me pause. I really don’t care about getting it. After 1st, it kind of doesn’t matter where we pick, barring going 7th which would suck.

I feel like the lists will be so different this year (if you compare to last year where 1 to 4 were above and beyond the rest) that we will probably get our guy at 5 or 6. Am I reading this wrong? Have at it.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Exactly and the draft combine + complete interviews haven't even happened yet. Still too early to predict anything.
Plus, Beaudoin has no clue what he's saying most of the time.
I disagree. Brian Wilde was saying last spring, long before the Combine, that he was told by someone in the Habs org. that the Habs first pick was likely a "non-spectacular," big kid, and Wilde then said that he (Wilde) couldn't divulge the name but the fans would not be happy. I think we now know who he was talking about. And he he was 100% accurate. Professional sports organixations feed info. to media people all the time to "prepare" the fans sometinmes.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's actually great to hear that.

If one of Lindstom or Demidov are available when we pick, which should be the case if we draft no lower than 5, that'll be the pick.
If those two guys are available and we don't pick one of them, that would be very disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad