Blackhawks at 2018 World Championships (Kane MVP)

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Looks like Kane missed his attempt in the shootout based on the box score? Looks like US beat Canada though as a big underdog.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Who is he paired with?
I thought coach Q was here because the amount of line "blendering" going on was insane...guys were changing all the time. Maybe Don Granato brought that shit here lol!

Murphy was with Will Butcher (who is impressive for a rookie) and Oester for most of the game...Butcher is just so damn quick out there, but Murph also worked the point on the power play as well lol.

Kane wears the C, and Murphy wears the A with Dylan Larkin.

Cat played a lot with Anders Lee, those 2 snipers looked dangerous just a big drop off at center as usually Derek Ryan or Colin White was working between them..

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I thought coach Q was here because the amount of line "blendering" going on was insane...guys were changing all the time. Maybe Don Granato brought that **** here lol!

Murphy was with Will Butcher (who is impressive for a rookie) and Oester for most of the game...Butcher is just so damn quick out there, but Murph also worked the point on the power play as well lol.

Kane wears the C, and Murphy wears the A with Dylan Larkin.

Cat played a lot with Anders Lee, those 2 snipers looked dangerous just a big drop off at center as usually Derek Ryan or Colin White was working between them..

I really hope Q plays him with Forsling and then HJ with Keith.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I really hope Q plays him with Forsling and then HJ with Keith.
Murphy looks better paired with a more mobile player, crazy thought right?? lol.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Murphy absolutely destroyed Eberle I think, not sure Eberle 100%, I would have to see who it was - BUT it was Buff level of human destruction lol.

Murphy had a pretty strong game even though the US fumbled all over themselves a lot with self inflicted turnovers. Kane was okay to good, and Gaudreau was meh..but these guys have rust, a lot of time since most has played a game at this level.

Schmaltz is much missed here, team is weak down the middle.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Murphy looks better paired with a more mobile player, crazy thought right?? lol.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Murphy absolutely destroyed Eberle I think, not sure Eberle 100%, I would have to see who it was - BUT it was Buff level of human destruction lol.

Murphy had a pretty strong game even though the US fumbled all over themselves a lot with self inflicted turnovers. Kane was okay to good, and Gaudreau was meh..but these guys have rust, a lot of time since most has played a game at this level.

Schmaltz is much missed here, team is weak down the middle.

Murphy gets is trouble when he tries to do to much or he has to over play due to a pairing. He and Firstling's skill sets matchup well.

As for him on the point on the PP, his shot is ok and he is willing to use a wrist shot so it is not the worst thing.

Schmaltz on big ice is fun to watch, would it help his game since it gives him a lot more space?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watching the USA vs.Denmark...For 2nd game in a row both Oesterle and Murphy look good and Co. Pete. .Head scratcher. ..how come..Could it be because they are away from the rotten coaching of Q and the over the cliff putridness of Keith or Seabrook or Toews and their County try Club ways?They look like completely useless den. ..so obviously they are not the problem. .the Q system and on ice combos and the absent leadership of the vet core who knows what else seems to be the bigger problems than the actual ability of Oesterle and Murphy ...how else can you explain this might and day turnaround in competent play?There never was any cohesion or all in it together with purpose under Q's coaching last season. ..rather there seemed to be a team divide ...vet core makes mistakes or slovenly play Q gives them a pass.. The newer guys to the team make a mistake and Q punishes them on more bech time ..So the "pressure " put on the newbies makes them not play to their normal ability and instead leads to more mistakes as their minds worry about Q watching them
Without the Q circus and double standards for treating vets and newbies ,we see Oesterle and Murphy playing like normal competent NHL den now at the Worlds. ..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kane was on fire out there today, 1g 2a = 3 points. He was just flying all over the place out there, dude is having fun and enjoying hockey again. The US should have a real good shot at medaling here..also, glad it took a f***ing Red Wings coach to put Kane and DeBrincat together on a line! bwahahaha! f***ing Q!

Cat with 1g and 1a = 2 points.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
and for anyone still asking, Murphy has been pretty impressive overall, guy just plays good hockey with the Stars and Stripes..he has been a rock out there, breaking up rushes, big hits, playing point on power play - looks night and day to the guy we watched this year.

Reactions: Blue Liner

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kane was on fire out there today, 1g 2a = 3 points. He was just flying all over the place out there, dude is having fun and enjoying hockey again. The US should have a real good shot at medaling here..also, glad it took a ****ing Red Wings coach to put Kane and DeBrincat together on a line! bwahahaha! ****ing Q!

Cat with 1g and 1a = 2 points.

My favorite part of these posts is that you do the addition for us. :laugh: We're not all meatheads that can't add 1 + 2

:)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you give yourselves too much credit..

I do that for the Fiddy's, Blackhawks, etc of the world...hahaha

Hey, I think Fiddy is intelligent. I think he's just too lazy to go back and correct the shitty auto-corrected words from his phone. He's gotta have a Samsung like me. The auto-correct on my Galaxy is absolute garbage.

Anddddddd... he has actually made the effort to do it lately. And I must say, it makes his posts a lot better, and actually allows me to want to read them.

The other one... ehhhh, we'll leave that alone.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Happy to hear Murph is doing well. I think he's capable of being much better than he was this past year for us
honestly, the way Murphy has back checked, broken up shots, odd man rushes, etc..it has been utterly impressive to see this from him. he had a rough year, hell they all did, but again he looks rejuvenated or whatever you want to call it, but if he finally believes in himself, and keeps this up he is a legit top 4 defensemen in this league. he is a freaking condor on ice with that wing span, and his hits are Buff esq at times...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if you guys want a good laugh - go to the Finns board for the World Championships - the talk on Pokka there is brutal!! hahaha...same issues, dude can't skate!

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
It is amazing what non **** systems do for talented players.
Be careful. Blashill is reviled here in Michigan. Most would rather see him coaching back in Grand Rapids, and rightly so.

That said, even he can see the logic pairing DeBrincat with Kane.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Be careful. Blashill is reviled here in Michigan. Most would rather see him coaching back in Grand Rapids, and rightly so.

That said, even he can see the logic pairing DeBrincat with Kane.

Oh he has his issues but he at least plays current systems. Bashill was highly thought of at one point.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Oh he has his issues but he at least plays current systems. Bashill was highly thought of at one point.
He’s a micromanager though, and that doesn’t play well with the NHL players over the course of a season.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Kane and DeBrincat looking good together.

This is my shocked face....

Was funny, the NHL Twitter account showed a highlight of them connecting on a nice goal and the caption was "Look familiar Blackhawks fans?" or something along those lines and all the responses were "well actually, no, it doesn't because they never play together" haha.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Like I said, he has his issues.
...and the 'hawks had so many issues they qualified as a subscription this past season.

I'm holding out hope that something from the IIHF sticks in Q's craw and gets used next season, like Kane/Debrincat.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
you can see the pure joy on Kane's face playing out there...I haven't seen him look like that on the ice in years, and by that I mean his facial expressions, him laughing/smiling, his goal reaction was awesome, he was jacked and was yelling in the air with fists pumping!!

I am saying this because I know how much Kane really enjoys playing for his country and playing with Johnny Hockey. If you haven't seen these two together, it is so f***ing crazy how similar they play...they look like little buddies on the bench..hahaha...like Kane/Gaudreau just became "BEST FRIENDS" from Step Brothers..hahaha.

And just want this stated, the reports are beyond impressive with Kane as Captain. He is taking the younger guys under his wing, he is vocal in the dressing room, he is vocal on the bench/ice - I think him wearing the C here will go a long way for next year and his final years. He seems to be getting it that he has a lot to offer and he has taken this leadership role and ran with it. TSN did a lengthy spot on it talking to the team and how "awesome" Kane has been as a leader here. Music to my ears and for all of us as I think we all can now say "our little boy has finally grown up" hahaha...good for Kaner and a great experience here with DeBrincat and Murphy ending years on positive notes both playing extremely well here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad