Rumor: Blackhawks’ van Riemsdyk is ‘available’ on the trade market [Elliotte Friedman]

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Man, there are some doozies in that thread, but my favorite has to be "I rather have John Scott back than have Drouin and his awful attitude."

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Happy with my proposal in response to Drouin. Schmaltz and Pokka for him would have been quite a get for Bowman.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
And I was one of those QUESTIONING Drouin's ATTITUDE! :yo:

I would suck as a GM. Although I would have traded for Seguin (nightlife problems - can be fixed), I said I wouldn't have done it for Drouin (because of his lack of production / pouting for lack of playing time). :shakehead

THIS IS WHY I'M NOT A GM. :laugh: I'm another Mike Milbury. :help:

This is the same thing when people tell me that they could manage a financial portfolio with substantial assets. When you have to manage REAL money and have your assets / investments / performance published to your investors / peers ... it's a lot more difficult than you think. There are consequences for your decisions.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I literally went against my own principle of buying low / sell high (like everyone) ... especially when an asset is suppressed due to rumors (Drouin). Sports ... when you can't separate emotions from logic. A dangerous way to make decisions.:badidea:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
And I was one of those QUESTIONING Drouin's ATTITUDE! :yo:

I would suck as a GM. Although I would have traded for Seguin (nightlife problems - can be fixed), I said I wouldn't have done it for Drouin (because of his lack of production / pouting for lack of playing time). :shakehead

THIS IS WHY I'M NOT A GM. :laugh: I'm another Mike Milbury. :help:

This is the same thing when people tell me that they could manage a financial portfolio with substantial assets. When you have to manage REAL money and have your assets / investments / performance published to your investors / peers ... it's a lot more difficult than you think. There are consequences for your decisions.

Being a GM of a major league franchise is a much more difficult job than many choose to believe. Not saying you, just in general.

And don't do that to yourself. Just about everyone on this board is at least a step up from Mike Milbury, if not multiple steps. :nod:

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
... Why is everyone arguing over people's previous thoughts on a potential Drouin trade?

This is dumb. Obviously it didn't happen, the Hawks aren't getting Drouin, so ... this whole discussion seems rather pointless.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
... Why is everyone arguing over people's previous thoughts on a potential Drouin trade?

This is dumb. Obviously it didn't happen, the Hawks aren't getting Drouin, so ... this whole discussion seems rather pointless.

I agree let's discuss how bowman didn't get Yakupov for peanuts, I am sure if he gave them TVR + 3rd they would have retained. Stan is an idiot, but this is nothing new. Yak is playing great hockey now as expected. Or we can discuss how TT has 2 goals already and how Stan dropped the ball on that one from the time he signed Bickell to that rodiculous contract to the point he traded him where he could have had a guy like Pokka traded instead even if it meant adding a second pick to that. Please please please no one say TT is "expendable" as obviously that is not the case with the lack of forward depth on this team.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I agree let's discuss how bowman didn't get Yakupov for peanuts, I am sure if he gave them TVR + 3rd they would have retained. Stan is an idiot, but this is nothing new. Yak is playing great hockey now as expected. Or we can discuss how TT has 2 goals already and how Stan dropped the ball on that one from the time he signed Bickell to that rodiculous contract to the point he traded him where he could have had a guy like Pokka traded instead even if it meant adding a second pick to that. Please please please no one say TT is "expendable" as obviously that is not the case with the lack of forward depth on this team.

Ok let's talk about how you are blatantly ignoring the fact that Bowman made a better offer that the Blues. You can call Stan an idiot but from what you have shown on these forums you might not be the best one to judge if Stan if an "idiot" or not.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Ok let's talk about how you are blatantly ignoring the fact that Bowman made a better offer that the Blues. You can call Stan an idiot but from what you have shown on these forums you might be the best one to judge if Stan if an "idiot" or not.

Please show me proof of this! Also as you are seeing by the product on the ice, Stan is an idiot, there is no debating that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Please show me proof of this! Also as you are seeing by the product on the ice, Stan is an idiot, there is no debating that.

Schmaltz, Motte, Forsling, Hartman, etc. all suggest something else. This is going by what is reported from a source that has been legit for years. Just another time where you show you are clueless.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Schmaltz, Motte, Forsling, Hartman, etc. all suggest something else. This is going by what is reported from a source that has been legit for years. Just another time where you show you are clueless.

If there is anyone that is clueless its you, not sure if you been actually watching the games this season or what? But the team looks lost regardless of what you have on paper.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If there is anyone that is clueless its you, not sure if you been actually watching the games this season or what? But the team looks lost regardless of what you have on paper.

This teams only big issue is the PK. This has been mentioned everywhere so try and keep up bud. The only young player that has not looked good is Hino. This is not difficult to see but you seem to struggle with it.

The Hawks are solid to good 5v5.

The Hawks are bad 4v5 and we have taken a lot of penalties.

What does this equal? A 2-3 start.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This teams only big issue is the PK. This has been mentioned everywhere so try and keep up bud. The only young player that has not looked good is Hino. This is not difficult to see but you seem to struggle with it.

The Hawks are solid to good 5v5.

The Hawks are bad 4v5 and we have taken a lot of penalties.

What does this equal? A 2-3 start.

Forget about the PK, forget about stats, did you actually watch the 5v5 play? The puck possession game is horrible, they have been badly outplayed, the Hawks can barely hang on to the puck and cycle. You need to be paying attention to the game when its on. "Solid to good" LMAOO, talk about jokes

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Forget about the PK, forget about stats, did you actually watch the 5v5 play? The puck possession game is horrible, they have been badly outplayed, the Hawks can barely hang on to the puck and cycle. You need to be paying attention to the game when its on. "Solid to good" LMAOO, talk about jokes

Other than the first two periods of tonight I have watched every game. You want to forget about the main driver of our losses which is our PK. We are out scoring team 12 to 5 5v5 so you just not very smart if you think that is our issue. 12 is greater than 5, numbers are easy to see here.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
I feel bad for TVR. He has no luck.

..... unfortunately, though still early in his career, one of of his labels will be that he is injury prone.

By people who don't look at the facts maybe. His injuries have been pretty blatant and with reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad