Rumor: Blackhawks’ van Riemsdyk is ‘available’ on the trade market [Elliotte Friedman]

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I was one who wanted to keep TT. I believe the talk was TT ++ and that included Schmaltz. My biggest issue with Drouin was his D and he has shown that it is not an issue. I was wrong about his D and now that he is getting his way/top 6 minutes it is not an issue. For the people trying be like "told you so" we can easily rehash many of the things you have been wrong about.

TT ++ = TT Schmaltz and Forsling/Pokka

I don't think anyone ever proposed that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ok how about

TT + Dano + Pokka

Hawks gave away TT to dump Bickell , Hawks gave away Dano for a rental and Pokka does not appear to have a future here

Or what about

TT + Danault + Pokka

Again gave away two of 3 and 3rd is not looking to have future in Chicago

Hawks had options if they wanted to make trade ,, Your claim that it would have cost them Schmaltz + Forsling is laughable and clear attempt by you to sway people with outlandish proposed losses via trade

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Ok how about

TT + Dano + Pokka

Hawks gave away TT to dump Bickell , Hawks gave away Dano for a rental and Pokka does not appear to have a future here

Or what about

TT + Danault + Pokka

Again gave away two of 3 and 3rd is not looking to have future in Chicago

Hawks had options if they wanted to make trade ,, Your claim that it would have cost them Schmaltz + Forsling is laughable and clear attempt by you to sway people with outlandish proposed losses via trade

Sorry forgot to link this. TB had a huge price to acquire Drouin per Bobby M and Friedman. Both great sources.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-gms-expect-high-asking-price-for-drouin/amp/?client=safari

Doesn't matter what the actual cost might have been. Many here balked big time at BWC's proposal above.

That's the point.

Regarding Drouin's D concerning you, when beasting on offense I don't weight the D so much. Beasts don't grow on trees.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Doesn't matter what the actual cost might have been. Many here balked big time at BWC's proposal above.

That's the point.

Regarding Drouin's D concerning you, when beasting on offense I don't weight the D so much. Beasts don't grow on trees.

BWCs "proposals" are news to me and I can only guess. Droiun would have absolutely cost multiple top prospects. We are not talking about trading for Yak. At the time TT was coming of a great playoff run and carrying two players that have zero offensive talent. Dano, Schmaltz, Pokka were all highly regarded and Forsling was just breaking out.

I already said I my concern about his D was wrong. He is a top talent and is showing it now that he is getting his time. Beast don't grow on trees but they are traded for Jeremy Morin. :sarcasm:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

That's the point.

How do you trade away Bickel if TT, Dano, and Pokka are gone?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I skimmed it, most people were proposing Dano++, there was some debate about TT but I didn't see many ++'s included in any TT talk.

Yeah, no one said TT ++ (and if there was a ++, it sure as hell wasn't Schmaltz and Pokka).

Without looking, I think I said TT + a 2nd rounder, or maybe a B prospect.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, no one said TT ++ (and if there was a ++, it sure as hell wasn't Schmaltz and Pokka).

Without looking, I think I said TT + a 2nd rounder, or maybe a B prospect.

TT ++ being Schmaltz and Pokka was an example. Chances are it would would have been TT+Dano+ a pick or defensive product. I should have made that clear. He literally said there were not many TT++ deals proposed (not zero) but honestly at this point we are arguing semantics.

Like I said before the asking price for Drouin would have been really high and not a price that we would want to pay. Bobby Mac and Friedman confirm this.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If Drouin were here for TT, MD and VP, I would be able to suffer Bickell for one last year (in RFD!).

Honestly you wouldn't have been able to because we would not have been able to deal Bickell. Bickell and AP's bonuses would have sank the team. You couple that with the bonues that AP will hit this year and Drouin would hit and we would have been in trouble.

I would love Drouin but it would have been close to impossible with the cap how it is.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I was one who wanted to keep TT. I believe the talk was TT ++ and that included Schmaltz. My biggest issue with Drouin was his D and he has shown that it is not an issue. I was wrong about his D and now that he is getting his way/top 6 minutes it is not an issue. For the people trying be like "told you so" we can easily rehash many of the things you have been wrong about.

TT ++ = TT Schmaltz and Forsling/Pokka

I would not have done this. TT + Pokka, maybe. But seeing how well Forsling has responded to being in the NHL, and how composed he is out there, and seeing Schmaltz slowly starting to find his game now, I would have been pissed in hindsight.

Since we're on the topic of some of the other prospects, even though it has nothing to do with TVR, I'm glad Schmaltz has started to show us a little bit of what he can do. I always knew he had talent, obviously, but some games in the bottom 6 to get comfortable are proving to be the perfect recipe. He's now earning more time, and if he continues to trend up, will likely be in a regular top 6 role by the all-star break, IMO. Is this the Saad replacement we've been looking for to anchor JT's wing? One can only hope. :yo:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
TT ++ being Schmaltz and Pokka was an example. Chances are it would would have been TT+Dano+ a pick or defensive product. I should have made that clear. He literally said there were not many TT++ deals proposed (not zero) but honestly at this point we are arguing semantics.

Like I said before the asking price for Drouin would have been really high and not a price that we would want to pay. Bobby Mac and Friedman confirm this.

Nobody was arguing what the actual price was. People are saying that they wanted to pay TT + a 2nd rounder for him and were roasted for it because those posters didn't think he was worth it and thought TT was just as good.....:laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Nobody was arguing what the actual price was. People are saying that they wanted to pay TT + a 2nd rounder for him and were roasted for it because those posters didn't think he was worth it and thought TT was just as good.....:laugh:

People weren't roasted bad at all. At the time TT's value was really high and Drouin's was low due to how he handled the situation. I didn't think Drouin played D as well as he does and his attitude was a major question for me (he handled the situation like **** and was a baby). Talent has never been the question with him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
People weren't roasted bad at all. At the time TT's value was really high and Drouin's was low due to how he handled the situation. I didn't think Drouin played D as well as he does and his attitude was a major question for me (he handled the situation like **** and was a baby). Talent has never been the question with him.

I said that I would do a combination of certain players out of TT, Kruger, Dano, and picks/prospects.

So
TT or Kruger, or Dano + picks prospects

And here are a couple of responses I received.

I would give up quite a bit to get Drouin. If I posted what I would give up, I wouldn't get a lot of love around here. But combinations of TT, Kruger, Dano and picks (not all, just different combinations are what I would consider.

My god man that is insane

Isn't it a little suspicious why Tampa would put a 20 year old supposed future star on the trade block? They don't like him for some reason. Giving up what you are proposing for a young player a team is trying to dump doesn't sound too good.

I'm not dealing TT in a deal for Drouin. It's a lateral move. You could make the argument that Drouin for Schmaltz and Pokka more aligns with the current window to compete for cups with current core. Drouin is ready to contribute meaningfully now. Schmaltz will need time and Pokka is redundancy at this point.

So maybe not roasted, (except by BWC), but people were definitely against trading TT for him, even straight up. I know in that thread that I said at one point I wouldn't want to trade for him because of his attitude, but before he said he was holding out I was all for it, and when he came back to play I was willing to pay even more for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad