Rumor: Blackhawks’ van Riemsdyk is ‘available’ on the trade market [Elliotte Friedman]

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I agree let's discuss how bowman didn't get Yakupov for peanuts, I am sure if he gave them TVR + 3rd they would have retained. Stan is an idiot, but this is nothing new. Yak is playing great hockey now as expected. Or we can discuss how TT has 2 goals already and how Stan dropped the ball on that one from the time he signed Bickell to that rodiculous contract to the point he traded him where he could have had a guy like Pokka traded instead even if it meant adding a second pick to that. Please please please no one say TT is "expendable" as obviously that is not the case with the lack of forward depth on this team.

It takes two parties to make a trade. You have no idea what Bowman offered or why Chiarelli went elsewhere. You're also significantly overestimating the value of Q's boy TVR.

You really think TT was the first guy Stan offered as a throw-in for Carolina? If they were willing to accept Pokka, he'd be a Hurricane right now. Problem: Carolina already has a backlog of intedible D prospects far more promising than Pokka. What they wanted was an nhl-ready forward.

The roster is thinner than the monster rosters Stan has assembled in the past and will likely do so again. But its underperformed relative to its talent, particularly on special teams. Thats a coaching issue.

If you want to blame Stan for something, blame him for not being more aggressive in applying pressure to Q by firing one of his buddies and giving him an AC that will actually bring a fresh voice to the bench.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks/Wings should pull trigger on Jurco/TVR trade

Both currently injured and both likely to return around same time (Jurco maybe a bit after)

Clears up logjam on D and opens up spot for Jurco to join team midseason

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Hawks/Wings should pull trigger on Jurco/TVR trade

Both currently injured and both likely to return around same time (Jurco maybe a bit after)

Clears up logjam on D and opens up spot for Jurco to join team midseason

Detroit wouldn't do it. They already have enough bottom pairing d-men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad