Post-Game Talk: Black and Blue Friday in Sunrise. Jets win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I really hope the extend Dillon, you cant get better losing him.
Unless Heinola steps up as they both play same side. Unless Heinola can play opposite side.
Also depends on what he is asking for. The team can’t get better losing him, but, can Samberg fill that role better than the next man up can fill Nino’s role?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Sammy had Dilly's mean streak, Chevy wouldn't think of extending Dilly.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The bad news is I'm hoping to watch THREE whole games this week, counting the Oilers and Hawks.

FWIW, I'm not dating, I'm working! My two nights a week gig has morphed into four nights, usually 8-12 Wed-Sat, which leaves me rings under my eyes and falling asleep in Sobey's. But I clear over $200 every night (ahem, mostly tax free) so when I've mused about quitting after Xmas I've caught a lot of shade from friends. Or, as one guy so delicately phrased it: "Most babes don't make that much even swinging on a pole".

Trying to meet the basics of daily living, keep up with my thesis, stay in touch with my friends, still have a sex life besides dating myself, and watch a few Jets games now and then is more tiring than I ever imagined. It's given me a whole new appreciation for how workers cope in this gig economy. Okay, end of whining, but I really WILL watch the Jets this week and accept any bad influence that might have.
Someday you'll look back at this time in your life and wonder what you did with all your time

• Haha
Reactions: Inanna

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
he's been playing real well all year. i thought he would do well in spot duty as a top-6er, but he's been heating up in production rather than slowing down. iirc in a lot of the secondary or tertiary stats (ie: zone exits) he rates really well in. he's been a great fit down the middle doing the 2-way duties while ehlers & perfetti have been going to town offensively.
Totally agree, and the Jets should not mess with that 2nd line. "Leave it alone" and leaves Names and center on that line. Why would you change something that's working so well, and has great chemistry with Ehlers and Perfetti. Ehlers is a big key to the Jets success this year, and we need to keep him on a positive note.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Seems like I Missa good game
Watched the high lights
Spectacular goal by Ehlers
Gonna miss Dillon’s toughness if he decide to sign elsewhere
I really hope the Jets can resign Dillon, we need his steady play, and physicality on the blue line. He's big and very tough, and pretty good skater, with a good slap shot. Hope they resign him. I think they will try to do just that.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Totally agree, and the Jets should not mess with that 2nd line. "Leave it alone" and leaves Names and center on that line. Why would you change something that's working so well, and has great chemistry with Ehlers and Perfetti. Ehlers is a big key to the Jets success this year, and we need to keep him on a positive note.
Hopefully Ehlers is a big key. He was last night, but, I wouldn’t say that he has on the whole for season. His goal last night shows he’s feeling it and hopefully the big impact he can have continues forward.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Unless Heinola steps up as they both play same side. Unless Heinola can play opposite side.
Also depends on what he is asking for. The team can’t get better losing him, but, can Samberg fill that role better than the next man up can fill Nino’s role?
Wasn’t there an article a couple of years ago where Dillon was singing the praises of Heinola and he said he hoped they could play together?

Our new Buff and Enstrom?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Isn't this funny ... Jets get rid of PLD and Wheeler and are in 1st place.
NY Rangers sign Wheeler and they are in 1st place
LA Kings traded for PLD and they are one point out of 1st place with a game in hand.
1700970059244.gif

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
JMo
Dillon
Sammy
Stanley
Capo
That's a lot of LHD.

Man, I'd love to pry Pulock out of NY.
Dobson is playing 25 minutes a night and Pulock is playing 23 minutes a night.
Surely Chevy could talk them out of Pulock. They have Mayfield that could move into the 2RHD spot or we could send Pionk back there way?

Chaz, Ville, 2024 1st rounder and Appleton....or Pionk, 1st in 2024 and Chaz.

JMo Pulock
Sammy Pionk
Dillon Schmidt
or
JMo Pulock
Ville DD
Sammy Schmidt
Maybe pick up someone like Dumba (3rd?) at the TDL to help the 3RHD if needed.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
JMo
Dillon
Sammy
Stanley
Capo
That's a lot of LHD.

Man, I'd love to pry Pulock out of NY.
Dobson is playing 25 minutes a night and Pulock is playing 23 minutes a night.
Surely Chevy could talk them out of Pulock. They have Mayfield that could move into the 2RHD spot or we could send Pionk back there way?

Chaz, Ville, 2024 1st rounder and Appleton....or Pionk, 1st in 2024 and Chaz.

JMo Pulock
Sammy Pionk
Dillon Schmidt
or
JMo Pulock
Ville DD
Sammy Schmidt
Maybe pick up someone like Dumba (3rd?) at the TDL to help the 3RHD if needed.
That would be an awesome add. I'd throw in an extra pick even if they were willing to take back Schmidt

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
That would be an awesome add. I'd throw in an extra pick even if they were willing to take back Schmidt
If they took the Pionk deal, there's no way they could keep it under the cap with Schmidt and Pionk. That's almost 12m.
I would give someone a 2nd in 2025 if they took Schmidt this summer.

Last edited:

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
One negative in the game IMO was it looked like 55 tried to stomp on a players wrist with his skate. If he had connected, that could have been disastrous for the player. Had he connected on his glove, that would have likely been a multi-game suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad