B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Again, the Sens couldn't give a rat's behind what "we" want or think when it comes to player evaluation. Just because we want to see what he can do at the NHL level to satisfy our curiosity doesn't mean the Sens need to. They evaluate their players every single day of every week, "THEY" don't need to see him at the NHL level. If they need a 3rd or 4th liner they won't call him up just to see what he can do. They would call up Grant or equivalent. If they need a top 6 guy then they may call him up if they feel he's the one. Right now for all we know he may be 3 or 4 on their call up list behind Peumple, Schneider or whoever, or he may be #1.

They have their expectation for him in Bingo (which no one here knows what that may be), and if he meets or beats them he's in the mix, if he falls short he goes. If they feel he's not meeting the organization's expectations in Bingo why would they need to call him up to see what he can do in the NHL? Prince is very likely to in the mix and be called up and then "we" can see what he can do. But the Sens would be calling him up because they expect him to be ready to play in the NHL, not let's see IF he can play in the NHL. big difference.

Sorry, but Murray, Dorion and several others have repeatedly said that the "next test" is at the NHL level for prospects, and that most assuredly is the case for Prince. There have been many dominant AHL scorers that have failed to translate that production and effectiveness at the NHL level. I'm sure the organization has a "feel" for how Prince might do, but they most certainly will want to see him play in the NHL at some point before deciding he is ready. It's a process, not something they all of a sudden watch a Bingo game and declare, "Yup, NOW he is ready". Not sure why you are digging in on the issue, but you are really off on this one.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Sorry, but Murray, Dorion and several others have repeatedly said that the "next test" is at the NHL level for prospects, and that most assuredly is the case for Prince. There have been many dominant AHL scorers that have failed to translate that production and effectiveness at the NHL level. I'm sure the organization has a "feel" for how Prince might do, but they most certainly will want to see him play in the NHL at some point before deciding he is ready. It's a process, not something they all of a sudden watch a Bingo game and declare, "Yup, NOW he is ready". Not sure why you are digging in on the issue, but you are really off on this one.

I'm really digging on this issue because of the comments of some. "WE" need to see what Prince can do, for example. And like I wrote, what "WE" want is irrelevant. If you don't agree with this then you're the one who is really off on this.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I'm really digging on this issue because of the comments of some. "WE" need to see what Prince can do, for example. And like I wrote, what "WE" want is irrelevant. If you don't agree with this then you're the one who is really off on this.

Jesus, I've only read this post and the one prior but already I can tell you are being difficult here.

Prince is CLEARLY one of our most NHL ready prospect, which staff have alluded to in the past. They have also said that we will be clearing bodies to make room for some guys in Bingo to get a showcase.

Seems to me that you are nitpicking the word WE, which is an extremely common word to use when talking about ones favourite sports organization.... even if the person saying it isnt actually on staff. It's a weird, psychological thing that people tend to do. If you are really that hung up on it, I suggest pursuing it as a C- psych dissertation, rather than yelling at clouds on here.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010

Are you suggesting that Sens management does not consult with posters on this board? This is your point?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton @ WBS Wednesday 02-11-2015

After 2nd.

Binghamton 1
WBS 3

2nd Period-3, W-B/Scranton, Sheary 15 (Kostopoulos, Wilson), 3:32 (PP). 4, Binghamton, Johnson 2 (Robinson), 16:35.......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton @ WBS Wednesday 02-11-2015

Final.....

Binghamton 1
WBS 4

3rd Period-5, W-B/Scranton, Farnham 3 (Marcantuoni, Uher)

In a word dull.....

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I can't believe so many people keep throwing NHL coaching jobs at Luke. Bingo now officially has the worst defence in the league. And now offence has dried up.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Luke Richardson is TMur's guy and it doesn't sound like the Bingo roster is any good

Buffalo is going to be looking at building a team identity and going with a rather young roster

Bringing in someone who has a pedigree of working well with those situations makes sense, especially if you hired him before and liked the results

That Richardson hasn't been any good in the playoffs is of no concern since Buffalo isn't making them any time soon

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
you can't play with size and use it effectively in today's game otherwise you rack up suspensions

That's not true

You can't play with size the way people used to, this is true

You can still use size and strength to get inside position and separate a man from the puck, you can still use size and strength to make big hits at the right time, you can still use size and strength to get to the net

I think the main issue is that using size and strength is now a lot harder than it used to be

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
whats everyones opinion on Buddy Robinson? I feel like the sens could use his size.

I love what we saw from him last camp. Him and Puempel were the last to go back.
He is working through inconsistency now.
I want him up here in the bottom 6 at some point next yr.
a bit of blake wheeler lite.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He has elite combination of size and speed :sarcasm:
(seriously he does)
He doesn't have much of anything else though

you saw them together starling. he was really good with puempel and lazar. I know it was just a few practice drills and games but he looked just as good as those two when together. I think he could be a good compliment to a line like that.

We have a few winger prospects coming though(paul, lindberg, prince, puempel), so it's not like we're counting on him. It would just be an experiment at this point. One that i want to see.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 1st......

Binghamton 2
Allentown 1

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Lepine 1 (Mills, Greening), 2:12. 2, Binghamton, Puempel 12 (Schneider, Camper), 16:42. 3, Lehigh Valley, Cousins 16 (Stortini, Manning), 19:58 (PP).

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
It looked like Robinson got 5+game+broken nose for spitting. WTF Buddy?
It's listed as elbowing but he didn't elbow anyone on that play that's for sure.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Are you suggesting that Sens management does not consult with posters on this board? This is your point?
What a shocker, right?

Jesus, I've only read this post and the one prior but already I can tell you are being difficult here.

Prince is CLEARLY one of our most NHL ready prospect, which staff have alluded to in the past. They have also said that we will be clearing bodies to make room for some guys in Bingo to get a showcase.

Seems to me that you are nitpicking the word WE, which is an extremely common word to use when talking about ones favourite sports organization.... even if the person saying it isnt actually on staff. It's a weird, psychological thing that people tend to do. If you are really that hung up on it, I suggest pursuing it as a C- psych dissertation, rather than yelling at clouds on here.

And what I am adamant about is that using the word "we" to include management in this context is not the same as using the word "WE" in a context such as "We" really need a win tonight. I am not "nitpicking". The fact that "WE" think that Prince deserves a look see, is completely irrelevant and does not necessarily mean Management is of the same opinion. They may or may not be. Assuming they are is just typical HF Boards posters projecting their views onto management. I mean if a poster thinks he is right, management must agree with him or else it means management just doesn't get it. This is classic Fuhr type posting.... I see it this way and if management doesn't then they are idiots and clueless. THAT is my issue with using the word "WE" in this context.

I never wrote Prince was not NHL ready. I wrote that "WE" might think he's the most ready but management might think Puempel or Schneider for eg are ahead of him. Therefore they may want to see those guys ahead of Prince. I'm sure they want to see Prince at the NHL level, but it may not be feasible, or there may not be an opportunity to do so this year. If Prince is in management's plans, and I believe he is, then he will be re-signed. He has no choice unless he wants to go play in Europe.

The Sens do not NEED to see him play 5-6 games in the NHL to make this decision. In any case, 5-6 NHL games will be pretty meaningless in evaluating his game at that level. However in true HF Boards mentality, some Posters here want to see him play those 5-6 games so they can plan out the rest of his NHL career based on his performance in those games, and get to create a new thread about how great/lousy the Prince pick was. They want to postulate about what line he will play on and how many goals he'll score and a whole bunch of other meaningless drivel that will have no bearing on what will actually happen.

Even if he does play those NHL games and sucks, management will base their decision on his future with the Sens, on his performance in Bingo and Ottawa and not only on those 5-6 NHL games. Point is, they most certainly do NOT need to see him in Ottawa to decide if they are going to keep him or not. That is not the same as saying, they don't want to see him in Ottawa.

Addition:
Also, if I write: WE need to trade Karlsson. Does that mean Management is of the same opinion? According to you I guess, it does.

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Jean-Gabriel Pageau sent to Binghamton.....

02/14/2015

Jean-Gabriel Pageau (C)
Binghamton ADD
Returned on loan from
Ottawa (NHL)

Via AHL website.....

Surprises me being honest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad