Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Lappin played?

That would be 4 games in 4 nights.
Give him an ice bath and a 6 pack.
Lappin was called up before Binghamton's Wednesday night game in Belleville. Kowalsky put him on the third line tonight instead of the first line to keep his minutes down. But yeah that's why most AHL teams carry around 23-27 skaters because 3-in-3s are common in the AHL.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Good for Cangelosi to step up but wow did he ever get his ass kicked. :laugh:

That sucks about Abbott. With him and Latta I think they could've been much improved.
Ya, that guy was way big, Cangelosi should have known better.

Speers with 2 goals in his last 3, 4-4-8 in 27 for the season, which is a little less horrifying.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Blake Pietila has had a pretty disappointing season. Last year in 49 games he has a 17-16-33 stat line. This year in 25 games, he is at 5-3-8.

Granted last year he rode a pretty ridiculous shooting %, but this year his shots' are down, and his assists are way down.

Entering this season if I had to choose which of the 2 Blake's has more potential, I would have went Pietila, but this season Coleman has really impressed in NJ, while Pietila could be the poster boy of the B-Hams struggles.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils may be forced to waive Prout soon and if he does report to Binghamton, that should really strengthen the defense down there. Probably will be a legitimate top pairing defender in the AHL similar to Helgeson.

Prout is still a decent NHL defender (and a RHS) and by all means seems like a good locker room guy. Might be exactly what Binghamton needs.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Devils may be forced to waive Prout soon and if he does report to Binghamton, that should really strengthen the defense down there. Probably will be a legitimate top pairing defender in the AHL similar to Helgeson.

Prout is still a decent NHL defender (and a RHS) and by all means seems like a good locker room guy. Might be exactly what Binghamton needs.

"Zippy#316":

Would be nice to get a quality stay @ home "D-man" for Binghamton AHL..... I am not against that but do Not like to pay a player $1.5M to play down here just how I feel about it....... Messes up the cost structure.... Could pay a lot of ELC their AHL salary for that $1.5M.......

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
"Zippy#316":

Would be nice to get a quality stay @ home "D-man" for Binghamton AHL..... I am not against that but do Not like to pay a player $1.5M to play down here just how I feel about it....... Messes up the cost structure.... Could pay a lot of ELC their AHL salary for that $1.5M.......

I'm pretty sure that would be the problem for New Jersey and not Binghamton.

I've always assumed that NHL teams pay players on the NHL contracts (even two-way deals) and AHL teams assume the players on AHL-only deals.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I'm pretty sure that would be the problem for New Jersey and not Binghamton.

I've always assumed that NHL teams pay players on the NHL contracts (even two-way deals) and AHL teams assume the players on AHL-only deals.

Yeah that is how it is. Binghamton will be fine.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Correct to past 2 posters................

I just think it messes up the works cost wise for the Org.....

I prefer draft picks on ELC deals......

I was raised during the depression and I am frugal..... That and a pain in the rear

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I was raised during the depression and I am frugal..... That and a pain in the rear

Ideally yes NJ doesn't want anyone down in Binghamton making 1.5 million. But if you look at the other options, almost all of them have earned their spot and deserve to stay. Stafford is really the only guy that hasn't pulled his weight, but I'd expect him to get a longer leash.

Devils have been paying Prout 1.5 million to set in the press box for 28/32 games. At that point, I think they're better off paying him that to make Binghamton a better team. He could give Binghamton a very good shutdown RHD which they desperately need.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Ideally yes NJ doesn't want anyone down in Binghamton making 1.5 million. But if you look at the other options, almost all of them have earned their spot and deserve to stay. Stafford is really the only guy that hasn't pulled his weight, but I'd expect him to get a longer leash.

Devils have been paying Prout 1.5 million to set in the press box for 28/32 games. At that point, I think they're better off paying him that to make Binghamton a better team. He could give Binghamton a very good shutdown RHD which they desperately need.

"Zippy#316":

OK then I agree not ideal but would get him ice time that all hockey players need.... Practice is not game conditions...... That and would free up a roster spot up top....

Yes Binghamton could use a stay @ home D-man.......

Thanks for explaining reasoning behind it....... Get him playing shake the rust off in games down here.........

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

That seems to be part of the problem over there, too many young'ns and not enough vets.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
A quote from Ski on Abbott.........

"I have some player updates, in particular Spencer Abbott and his whereabouts that are still unknown as of this writing.
As far as Abbott, I would suggest he continues to enjoy the sand in southern California and stay away from the East Coast as much as possible. This team does not need any outside negative influences that could possibly breach the Devils’ lockerroom."

Via Zeke.......
My view is, if he is too good to play here I am too good to get off my ass to go and watch him play...... I have seen much better players than him play.....

Trade him to a West Coast team for a player who would want to play in the East or just keep suspended and not pay him.....

Your thoughts????????

Reactions: Tao Jones

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
A quote from Ski on Abbott.........

"I have some player updates, in particular Spencer Abbott and his whereabouts that are still unknown as of this writing.
As far as Abbott, I would suggest he continues to enjoy the sand in southern California and stay away from the East Coast as much as possible. This team does not need any outside negative influences that could possibly breach the Devils’ lockerroom."

Via Zeke.......
My view is, if he is too good to play here I am too good to get off my ass to go and watch him play...... I have seen much better players than him play.....

Trade him to a West Coast team for a player who would want to play in the East or just keep suspended and not pay him.....

Your thoughts????????
If Abbott can be traded get what can be got. However considering he was traded for future considerations nothing has been lost. I'd have to guess San Diego gets nothing if Abbott doesn't report. If Abbott changes his mind and attitude that could possibly be a positive but he'd have to prove it to Kowalsky and his new teammates and he'd have some 'splaining to do. If Abbott accepts a trade to another team and Binghamton can get a decent return go for it, but Abbott shouldn't have the ability to pick where he goes. He was unsigned until 9/24. Maybe he was holding out for an NHL contract or maybe no one wanted to sign a high maintenance player with baggage.

Jason Akeson comes to mind. He just signed in Sweden after being released from his PTO with Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad