Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
It will get real funny once Schneider or Kinkaid go down with an injury. Then they'd have to bring up Appleby... Should have much rather traded him than Wedgewood.

The Danis is available and couldn't be much worse in Binghamton. He wasn't lights out for St. John's last season, but still had better numbers than Blackwood and Appleby are putting up this season. Yann Danis was .902 2.99 with the IceCaps down from .908 2.22 with Albany in 2015-16. Send Appleby or Blackwood to Adirondack. Danis is 36, so he could hang with Kearns.

Reactions: mmazz22

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It will get real funny once Schneider or Kinkaid go down with an injury. Then they'd have to bring up Appleby... Should have much rather traded him than Wedgewood.

Ugh...if one guy gets hurt the other guy's playing ten games straight with the way the AHL goalies have stunk.

Yeah maybe you'd rather have traded Appelby but he had no trade value. Heck Wedge barely had trade value.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Man, did we ever overrate the hell out of Speers.

He's only 20 still and management themselves thought enough of him to start on the Opening Night roster last year. But man those numbers aren't pretty, not a good first pro season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
They honestly Should not be this bAD. Wheels fell off here but not sure why.

There isn't that big a difference from the last two successful Albany teams.

They lost their captain in Pelley, which probably has a lot to do with it. I think Gibbons was supposed to take over that role there, but obviously he's not going back.

Their biggest difference is on defense. Helgeson and Mozik were two huge losses at the AHL level. Stollery and Santini as well. I'd say Stollery was replaced by Strait, but Helgeson/Mozik left a huge void.

Reactions: Tao Jones

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
What is strange with very few roster changes this team plays not one bit like the team we say what the first 5 or 6 games. Completely different .

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Tao posted a link showing it is a separate deal.

Still waiting hear if Rob Lippolis or Kowalsky have more to add on the Abbot acquisition. Lippolis only mentioned that Abbott had been acquired and wasn't playing in Saturday night's game during the last broadcast. If he did say it was a part of the Rico/Blender trade, I missed it because I was watching the NJD game with my NYR loving Dad while listening to the Binghamton game with only one ear bud.

The official word from NJD was that Abbott was traded for "future considerations". That it was announced separately and 10 days after Rico/Blender makes me wonder if Abbott was actually the "future" from that deal.

And "considerations" may be just that. Considered with no further transaction.

Hopefully it gets cleared up before tomorrow's Binghamton game. Looking forward to Spencer's debut.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Tao posted a link showing it is a separate deal.

NHL teams cannot technically trade players on AHL deals.

There's been quite a few times when players on an NHL contract in the AHL are traded and then the AHL teams swap players as well, both for "future considerations". Here is one example:

I doubt it would ever be confirmed, but I don't see any other reason why San Diego would send their leading scorer of their AHL team to Binghamton for nothing.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Is Jacob MacDonald have an NHL or an AHL contract? And how does he look defensively ?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the Devils have better offensive D options coming out of college IMO.

I really like Jeremy Davies out of Northeastern and hope to see him in Bingo in upcoming seasons before eventually graduating to NJ.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I think the Devils have better offensive D options coming out of college IMO.

I really like Jeremy Davies out of Northeastern and hope to see him in Bingo in upcoming seasons before eventually graduating to NJ.

You may be right. But I'm more in tune for a current spin on positives for an otherwise struggling team here in Bingo.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Wonder if MacDonald's offensive numbers will give him Olympic consideration for Team USA. He does well on the man advantage and has a goals at 4-on-4 and 3-on-3. Not sure if he's fast enough for a larger sheet of ice. Bingo would miss him if he goes to Pyeongchang.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Wonder if MacDonald's offensive numbers will give him Olympic consideration for Team USA. He does well on the man advantage and has a goals at 4-on-4 and 3-on-3. Not sure if he's fast enough for a larger sheet of ice. Bingo would miss him if he goes to Pyeongchang.

He's a lock from what I've heard in talks. Of course, it could change.

Then again Kearns should've been appointed Captain

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Tonite
Binghamton AHL vs Belleville Senators
Game #367: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Yardmen Arena - Belleville, ON
At 7 PM

Binghamton AHL (8-13-3-0)
Belleville Senators (10-12-0-3)

Last 10
Binghamton AHL 3-5-2-0
Belleville Senators 3-5-0-2

I thought the Sens would be pretty good this season, what the Hell happened?????? They signed some good AHL players~~!!!!!! Why are they carrying 3-4 goalies??????

I knew Binghamton was short & would suck due to a lack of talent.... That & a few moves that hurt the team..... Too many ECHL players that lack the skill or speed to play @ the AHL level, and it shows......

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hockey Tonite
Binghamton AHL vs Belleville Senators
Game #367: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Yardmen Arena - Belleville, ON
At 7 PM

Binghamton AHL (8-13-3-0)
Belleville Senators (10-12-0-3)

Last 10
Binghamton AHL 3-5-2-0
Belleville Senators 3-5-0-2

I thought the Sens would be pretty good this season, what the Hell happened?????? They signed some good AHL players~~!!!!!! Why are they carrying 3-4 goalies??????

I knew Binghamton was short & would suck due to a lack of talent.... That & a few moves that hurt the team..... Too many ECHL players that lack the skill or speed to play @ the AHL level, and it shows......

Thanks for the preview. Appreciate the effort. I know this season is a wreck but be patient. The pipeline is just starting. The young players are on the way. Give it two years and Binghamton will have a great young team. The Gignacs and Bastians and Speers will develop and take over top line roles and you will see why they were relatively high picks in their drafts in the case of BASTIAN and Speers. Others will arrive next season. Colby Sissons will be there most likely and there are several NCAA prospects that might be headed to you. There are also European guys that have loads of talent like Boquist and Zetterlund who hopefully come over sooner rather than later. I think McLeod sticks in NJ but that will give another young player the chance to develop in Binghamton. The days of the ECHL players should be a thing of the past once the current prospect crop starts turning pro.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
"My3Sons":

No disrespect but I always think of Fred MacMurray when I see your name....

We can hope so in Binghamton we just sick of the losing down here, and thought this yr would be better......

From what I can figure out Jersey has a pretty good group of players in the pipeline who will turn pro in a few yrs....

I take my hockey seriously it keeps me going and gets me out of the house 35 nites a yr.......

Some times I will kid a bit and fool around on the blog as you can't this stuff that serious all the time or I would be crazier than I already am.....

Big team is doing well better than most thought they would as that is the goal so hope they can keep it up.....

Be well........................

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
"My3Sons":

No disrespect but I always think of Fred MacMurray when I see your name....

We can hope so in Binghamton we just sick of the losing down here, and thought this yr would be better......

From what I can figure out Jersey has a pretty good group of players in the pipeline who will turn pro in a few yrs....

I take my hockey seriously it keeps me going and gets me out of the house 35 nites a yr.......

Some times I will kid a bit and fool around on the blog as you can't this stuff that serious all the time or I would be crazier than I already am.....

Big team is doing well better than most thought they would as that is the goal so hope they can keep it up.....

Be well........................

The funny thing is that we probably watched some of the same games at Brooke County arena when I was in college. The Binghamton Whalers were solid back then as I recall.

Reactions: ZekeA

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I have been going since 1973 the Dusters.........

My dad used to take me to Hershey park on a bus back in the late 30's once or twice a season..... Always loved the Hershey Park Arena you could just feel the greatness of the games played there.... God that was before the war.......

Yes Whalers had some good teams here made the finals 1 time.........

My3Sons

Sponsor
I have been going since 1973 the Dusters.........

My dad used to take me to Hershey park on a bus back in the late 30's once or twice a season..... Always loved the Hershey Park Arena you could just feel the greatness of the games played there.... God that was before the war.......

Yes Whalers had some good teams here made the finals 1 time.........

In the late 80’s there was a guy who had season tickets close to the glass near one of the corners. He was heavyset probably in his 50’s and dressed up to some extent for the games. Black slacks and polyester button down shirts. His wife was always with him and she seemed disinterested in the games. He ranted and yelled at the refs like a madman. I think he kept a hanky handy to wipe his spot off the glass. That wasn’t you I hope?

Reactions: ZekeA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad