Binghamton AHL 3-5-2-0

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 1st.
Charlotte 2
Binghamton AHL 0

1st Period-1, Charlotte, Gauthier 4 (Tolchinsky, Kichton), 2:10. 2, Charlotte, Schilkey 5 (Bishop, Foegele), 2:22. Penalties-Chelios Cha (slashing), 3:48; Miller Cha (slashing), 10:59; White Bng (cross-checking), 10:59; Tolchinsky Cha (slashing), 14:28; Rooney Bng (slashing), 16:51.

Shots 13-10 Checkers.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 2nd.
Charlotte 2 3 - 5
Binghamton AHL 0 1 - 1

2nd Period-3, Charlotte, Poturalski 7 (Saarela, Didier), 1:11. 4, Charlotte, Gauthier 5 (Tolchinsky, Chelios), 2:03. 5, Charlotte, Zykov 11 (Miller, Roy), 3:10. 6, Binghamton, Kearns 5 (Kennedy, Bastian), 15:05. Penalties-Baddock Bng (interference), 5:03; Carrick Cha (fighting), 9:03; Morris Bng (fighting), 9:03; Miller Cha (interference), 12:21; Bishop Cha (hooking), 13:01; Rooney Bng (holding), 15:16; Zykov Cha (high-sticking), 17:20; Olsen Bng (roughing), 17:20; Kearns Bng (slashing), 19:26.

Shots 23-16 Checkers

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Final thank God it is over
Charlotte 2 3 2 - 7
Binghamton ECHL 0 1 0 - 1

3rd Period-7, Charlotte, Tolchinsky 3 (Gauthier, Brown), 4:33. 8, Charlotte, Zykov 12 (Miller, Tolchinsky), 11:04. Penalties-White Bng (cross-checking), 8:59; Mandat Bng (slashing), 18:20.

Shots on Goal-Charlotte 13-10-11-34. Binghamton 10-6-5-21.

Men against the boys tonite Checkers made them look like what this bunch is a ECHL team......

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Holy hell the defense is horrendous in each of those clips.

I feel bad for the goaltenders. Goal 5 looks like a clearly shaken Blackwood and he probably should've had it, but I don't blame him after the previous 4.

Reactions: ZekeA

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
How awful . This is the worst ever team we have had here. This team has no pride, no guts, no leadership. Blown out at home by a combined score of 12-3 this weekend .
The arena is a ghost town. NJ blew it here. This is truly a bad team from top to bottom. This one trade is not going to solve anything. There is a huge disconnect somewhere because this is not the same team that we saw the first 5 games of the season.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
MBW is a joke.

I like Castron but this was a waste of a pick.

And Ray Fitz should be embarrassed of the roster they gave Bingo.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
At the risk of sounding like an annoying Binghamton fan, I'll just say this:

Everyone loves to use the "they're young" line, but there are 8 teams in the AHL younger than the Devils this season (including the two that embarrassed them this weekend) and they're averaging .595% hockey. This team is just bad.

(Sorry for my occasional rants on here, I'm mad I spent a decent amount of money on this team. Also I'm a Sabres fan so this team was my only hope of rooting for a winner :laugh:)

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
They honestly Should not be this bAD. Wheels fell off here but not sure why.

There isn't that big a difference from the last two successful Albany teams.

Well there was a large roster turnover from those two teams. Consider Jacobs has gone from third pair to first pair this season. Quenneville led in scoring last season but was -19 while Coleman was +21 and Mozik was +20 (although MacWilliam was -17). Pelley wore the 'C' for the last four years. Kowalsky hasn't named a captain this season. Stollery was solid for Albany while Strait hasn't. Thomson is the longest tenured player. Kearns has been fine, but they are not getting consistent scoring from more than the first line, while Albany featured three lines who contributed on the scoresheet.

2016-17

(Gibbons)
(Coleman)
Camper
Sexton
Mozik
Scarlett (traded for Harper)
Stollery
Novak
Pelley
Helgeson
Auvitu/Straka
MacWilliam
Gazdic/Gormley
(Wedgewood)

2015-16

Lorito
Sislo
O'Brien
Thompson
Boucher
O'Neill
Gragnani
Tropp
Burlon
Kelly
Black
Hrabarenka
MacPherson
McKelvie
PL3
Danis

Last edited:

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Wedgewood too. I'm glad he made it to the show, but Appleby has three wins in nine appearances and Blackwood has four in 17. Binghamton is 3-8-3 at home I believe. I wonder if Binghamton isn't a consideration for Zacha because of how bad things are down there right now.

I feel bad for Kowalsky. It's tough too listen to him in the daily post practice videos when he describes the previous game. He didn't move his family from Albany because they didn't want his kids to change schools. This is his eighth season as head coach of the AHL team and his twelfth year as a head coach in the organization. I hate to think he may be on the hot seat.

Lappin has cooled off. Quenneville's and MacDonald's point streaks were broken tonight. Bastian is heating up and Kearns and Kennedy continued their point streaks on the lone goal. The D continues to be atrocious. MacDonald was -4. Kapla, Loov, and Dyblenko were all horrendous. Every single player was a minus, no one was even even.

Overall this can't be good for development. I don't care so much about the undrafted players, I think Quenneville will be fine and Bastian seems to be thriving as of late. I'm worried for Speers, Giganc, Jacobs, White, and Blackwood.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Goaltending is the real mystery. Applby was good last year and while Blackwood has consistenciy issues he has shown why he has NHL potential in the past.

Both guys are in ruts.

D is a definite problem but the organization as a whole is thin at D. All our promising D prospects are in college or overseas. Signing Strait sounds like a mistake right now though. Maybe should have invested in someone else.

Rest of the D are cast offs we hoped might develop into something. More likely they don't get new contracts at all.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
It will get real funny once Schneider or Kinkaid go down with an injury. Then they'd have to bring up Appleby... Should have much rather traded him than Wedgewood.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
Yea what EK said. And we have seen a lot of bad teams down here. I m a Isles , and Mets fan so its been a rough go of late. I too was hoping this was my chance of rooting for a winner. Sad

Reactions: ek93 and ZekeA

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Goaltending is the real mystery. Applby was good last year and while Blackwood has consistenciy issues he has shown why he has NHL potential in the past.

Both guys are in ruts.

D is a definite problem but the organization as a whole is thin at D. All our promising D prospects are in college or overseas. Signing Strait sounds like a mistake right now though. Maybe should have invested in someone else.

Rest of the D are cast offs we hoped might develop into something. More likely they don't get new contracts at all.

Blackwood uses a lot of what I think is Visine, I don't think it's prescription eyedrops, but I could be wrong. That can't be good on a long term basis.

Loov was standoffish in his first interview in Albany after he was traded from the Marlies for Kalinin and said he didn't know if he would return this season. I never understood the Kapla signing. I would have rather kept Stollery or Mozik, ideally both, over Strait. Dyblenko is signed through 2018-19. Jacobs was supposed to be something, White less so. D take longer, I know.

Last season D prospects were paired with vets in Stollery, Helegeson/Auvitu, MacWilliam, and to an extent Mozik. This season they just have Strait, Loov, and Dyblenko sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad