OT: Bill Lindsay Responds To Jinx

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Goldie has been a jinx plenty of times. Always talking about "If the Panthers can hold on to this lead, then well this and that.." So, he doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It's not a jinx; more like being overly confident in games on occasion when we are barely a bubble hockey club and it's annoying. Billy and Goldie both tend to do that during the broadcast.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
It's not a jinx; more like being overly confident in games on occasion when we are barely a bubble hockey club and it's annoying. Billy and Goldie both tend to do that during the broadcast.

It drives me crazy too as the casual fans who watch might be mighty disappointed if the team misses the playoffs.

I guess they just want to hype those kind of fans up and keep them watching since our viewer numbers are so bad to begin with.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
So uhh.. talking about jinxing and superstitions.. Wasn't there a discussion a few days ago how it sucks that we don't have a young good goalie in the A who could step up and play like a starter (f.e. Dubinsky). Aaaand now we're in a situation where a guy like that would help a ton.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
The entire broadcast crew jinxed us last night. Billy, Potvin, and Goldie kept ragging on the Leafs and talking about how they hadn't won a road game since December for almost the entire first period...

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The entire broadcast crew jinxed us last night. Billy, Potvin, and Goldie kept ragging on the Leafs and talking about how they hadn't won a road game since December for almost the entire first period...

This. I hope they all of those clowns will learn a lesson. Those sort of comments do more damage than support for the viewers. I usually walk away from the TV when I hear crap like that and come back when they're on to something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad