Signing(s): Bill Belichick expected to sign with Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
This is a perfect fit. He just needs a competent QB, not even a great one, to win 11+ games. Their defense is set up well, they have weapons galore and a great OL. Def all in on the Falcons w BB. They could go to the super bowl next year

Reactions: bov

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is a perfect fit. He just needs a competent QB, not even a great one, to win 11+ games. Their defense is set up well, they have weapons galore and a great OL. Def all in on the Falcons w BB. They could go to the super bowl next year

I’d say you are quite heavily underrating their QB situation.

SF, Packers, Rams, Lions, Eagles, Cowboys.
There’s going to be more high end teams in the NFC next season

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

They'll have the pieces to get one. Top 10 pick in the draft and then there's the pile of free agency options, each of which are all infinitely better than Desmond Ridder.

I'm not as high on them as the other guy but they absolutely win the NFC South with ease with BB and a decent QB.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

All they gotta do is pony up the money for Cousins. Belichick with Cousins and potentially McDaniels at OC is a monumental step forward.

Plus, none of those teams are in the South. Hell, as currently constructed they were leading the division this year through 12 games.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
All they gotta do is pony up the money for Cousins. Belichick with Cousins and potentially McDaniels at OC is a monumental step forward.

Plus, none of those teams are in the South. Hell, as currently constructed they were leading the division this year through 12 games.
Aside from Cousins, don't think any of the other vet QBs like Russ, Tanny, Jimmy G do anything. Minschew is limited, but I think he could work. Would ATL gamble on Wentz? He's the other "veteran", though not old.

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Aside from Cousins, don't think any of the other vet QBs like Russ, Tanny, Jimmy G do anything. Minschew is limited, but I think he could work. Would ATL gamble on Wentz? He's the other "veteran", though not old.

Agreed, its Cousins or bust for them in the FA market. Wentz is interesting, if anyone could squeeze any remaining production from him it would be Belichick/McDaniels (assuming Bill brings him in).

Short of doing something unexpected like say Chicago drafts a QB at 1st OA and Atlanta trades for Fields.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They'll have the pieces to get one. Top 10 pick in the draft and then there's the pile of free agency options, each of which are all infinitely better than Desmond Ridder.

I'm not as high on them as the other guy but they absolutely win the NFC South with ease with BB and a decent QB.

Now that doesn’t make someone a Super Bowl team.

They’ll get an upgrade but let’s not act like it’s that easy to get to the SF tier with Packers& Rams developing, Cowboy/Eagles/Lions being dangerous as well

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm assuming ATL is willing to hand BB the key to football ops. can't see him taking the job if he's not going to be allowed the final say on everything

if this happens, i think cousins or fields is the move at QB. i wouldn't be so confident in BB's ability to draft a franchise QB at this point

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Is Brady coming out of retirement or are they getting the coach whose win percentage is lower than Frank Reich, Jerry Granville and Jack Del Rio without him?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
i'm assuming ATL is willing to hand BB the key to football ops. can't see him taking the job if he's not going to be allowed the final say on everything

if this happens, i think cousins or fields is the move at QB. i wouldn't be so confident in BB's ability to draft a franchise QB at this point

Arthur Blank will handle give the keys to Bill, he will write a big enough check to do so. Also, NFC South completion aint that heavy so Bill with a decent QB can win that division.

The Falcons have pieces, they just need a coach to guide them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This feels a lot like Vince Lombardi to the Redskins, you hope it works out for him but it wont
Lombardi changed the culture there even though he was only there one year. They didn’t have a winning season for 15 years, but it raised the standards of the organization, which otherwise would not have made hiring George Allen likely.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I think Atlanta would be a good fit.

As long as he doesn't end up in the AFC, I'll be rooting for him :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad