GDT: Biggest Game Of The Year (Birds that don't fly vs Canes)

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
I have to just laugh when I think again of how Leafs93 was claiming that Aho's skating is his weakness. And the same guy has been saying the same about Eeli Tolvanen whom is also a very good skater, although not on Aho's level. I have been following Aho's play intensively since the season when he scored the FEL championship winning goal in overtime as a 17 year old kid. I could see already then that he is a very special skater. Very fast, but most of all crazy agile

Deleted most of this because of length

But I agree, although I don't fault people who have this view. And this post is ,y opinion and maybe not shared

Personally, I find his skating very clunky looking. His crossovers don't look smooth, he falls a lot and in general it doesn't look pretty until you see him slice a defense. But on the other hand, none of that seems to be a hinderance to his game and skating is actually really good, quick and agile. It's one of those situation where the result doesn't seem to match the eye test.

I've also felt he's been inches away from being a superstar who can take over games with the way he can enters zone at times. His first goal tonight was an example of that

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Keys to victory:

- Put Malkin, Crosby, and Kessel in handcuffs

- Tickle Jarry the goalie so much that you make him laugh uncontrollably that he can't make a Faulking save

- Whom ever the Canes goalie is tonight needs to not suck aka make a lot of Faulking saves

- Jeff Skinner needs to stop being a gosh dang slouch and score some freaking goals.

Game plan worked great tonight, can confirm that Jarry was tickled so much that he had to sit on the bench tonight.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So you had to go to the mainboard.

I don't know, I have to admire this:

I guess we'll see going forward who is better, but I don't see the need to act as if it at all has been settled or if now Aho is CLEARLY the same as the other 2 because of half a season,just look at Eichel's second year compared to this year, progress isn't linear.

This is the acknowledged ceiling for Aho that he is ever going to get: "as good as" M & N, and we obviously are not to make the mistake that he's there yet, not by a longshot.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina

Incase anyone missed the quality post game interview with Aho

Lol. I'd say to him: get used to it son. I've been here for 6 years now and the people at work keep on asking from me how do I pronounce my first name in Finnish lol. My answer is always the same. I don't care how you pronounce my name.

I know these people are just being polite , but sometimes it's a little bit annoying , especially when you hate being the center of attention. You're doing your best to fit in to your new surroundings , but people keep on pointing out:" hey you're from elsewhere how do you pronounce your names there"

It seems to me that Aho is not 100% happy about being the center of attention either lol

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Lol. I'd say to him: get used to it son. I've been here for 6 years now and the people at work keep on asking from me how do I pronounce my first name in Finnish lol. My answer is always the same. I don't care how you pronounce my name.

I know these people are just being polite , but sometimes it's a little bit annoying , especially when you hate being the center of attention. You're doing your best to fit in to your new surroundings , but people keep on pointing out:" hey you're from elsewhere how do you pronounce your names there"

It seems to me that Aho is not 100% happy about being the center of attention either lol

Sebastian isn’t even a hard name to pronounce is the the other part, it’s just asking if he likes a nickname he got from Peters of SeaBass.

Of the Finns, Sebastian Aho is pretty easy to say, even for a redneck like me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad