GDT: Biggest game of the season!! Pens @ Caps 7pm puck drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Sid’s dropping 6 tonight, because never is it to be thought that man is either oldest or last of the Masters of Earth; nay, nor that the great'r part of life and substance walks alone. Sidney Crosby was, Sidney Crosby is, and Sidney Crosby shall be. Not in the spaces known to us, but between them, He skates calm and primal, of no dimensions, and to us unseen.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
who cares? this team wont do shit in the playoffs anyways even if they somehow miraculously fall ass backwards into it...

p.s. f*** dubas and sullivan

Reactions: Pens x

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
“This isn’t an official must win for either team, however it is all but mandatory for the Penguins to earn two points tonight to keep whatever playoff hopes they have alive. It’s a huge game with a 30% swing for the Caps if the game ends in regulation. A win would set them up really well for the playoffs but a loss throws them back into the pack of teams chasing them (NYI, DET, PIT).”
Breaking my not-watching-until-hcms embargo for this match-up tonight.

do not disappoint everyone penguins.... this'll be a test of their mettle tonight....

who cares? this team wont do shit in the playoffs anyways even if they somehow miraculously fall ass backwards into it...

We all know that. As much as I root 'lose for change', I cannot root to booger a playoff push with sid rolling.
Plenty of time to revert to the lose to change... but for this game at least.... I want a win!

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I mean, unless we are really one of the bottom 3 teams, i don't think you really want failure

I've called to blow this team up at various times for years, I can be bipolar, it's my right as a fan

I still want them to win every night and get into playoffs, even if it's a sweep

Reactions: LOGiK and Sideline

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Breaking my not-watching-until-hcms embargo for this match-up tonight.

do not disappoint everyone penguins.... this'll be a test of their mettle tonight....

We all know that. As much as I root 'lose for change', I cannot root to booger a playoff push with sid rolling.
Plenty of time to revert to the lose to change... but for this game at least.... I want a win!
There are about 5 teams in the West that I think would smoke anyone in the East, but the playoffs are a crazy time.

if Ned goes on a heater it's entirely possible they shock the Rangers in the first round. Carolina has a goalie made of glass that could very easily get hurt the first game of a 7 game series. All of the sudden you could be playing Toronto in the conference finals and they aren't exactly know for being clutch.

MacKinnon or McDavid would still steamroll them, but if they aren't healthy enough to play neither Colorado or Edmonton have a goalie that can be relied on to keep them in 2-1 games.

Basically, I am high on hopium and I'm ready to be hurt again.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sid’s dropping 6 tonight, because never is it to be thought that man is either oldest or last of the Masters of Earth; nay, nor that the great'r part of life and substance walks alone. Sidney Crosby was, Sidney Crosby is, and Sidney Crosby shall be. Not in the spaces known to us, but between them, He skates calm and primal, of no dimensions, and to us unseen.

Geno in the cold waste hath known Him, and what man knows Geno?

Reactions: spcastlemagic

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There are about 5 teams in the West that I think would smoke anyone in the East, but the playoffs are a crazy time.

if Ned goes on a heater it's entirely possible they shock the Rangers in the first round. Carolina has a goalie made of glass that could very easily get hurt the first game of a 7 game series. All of the sudden you could be playing Toronto in the conference finals and they aren't exactly know for being clutch.

MacKinnon or McDavid would still steamroll them, but if they aren't healthy enough to play neither Colorado or Edmonton have a goalie that can be relied on to keep them in 2-1 games.

Basically, I am high on hopium and I'm ready to be hurt again.

Wouldn't shock me to see Oilers and Avs out in R1 tbh.

Reactions: Sideline and LOGiK

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Should be a good game. If we are to make the playoffs, we do it riding on the coattails of Neds. He needs another big game.

Boys need to come out swinging. If they can't get fired up for this...

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
It's funny that in this generally disastrous season we actually have a better record against the Metro than against any other division. Sure, it helps that the Metro is hilariously terrible after the top 2 two teams but still.

I want to be optimistic but then I remember the first half of the game against the Devils and wonder what the odds of getting that stupidly lucky two games in a row.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
you know Ned's gonna get chased out tonight, he is who he is, can't expect him to be solid 1A
He’s also played a lot lately…would anyone be surprised if Jarry came in and saved the day lol…or not…

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
So I haven't been paying attention for like a month. Is Jarry sick/injured or did the team finally remember that he forgets how to play his position this time of year?

Also please beat the Capitals. I friggin' hate those guys.
Jarry has been sick. Could be healthy now.

+/- doghouse?
I think it’s 60-40 riding hot hand versus doghouse lol…

I think riding the goalie that keeps giving us Ws. If Jarry keeps sitting after today it may start being doghouse. Ned will need a breather.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

Doesn't matter, Pens need to make the playoffs for Crosby to get 1 playoff point to pass Jagr as they're currently tied. Crosby is also 1 goal behind Ovechkin, so it would be nice to pass him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad