GDT: Biggest game of the season!! Pens @ Caps 7pm puck drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
“This isn’t an official must win for either team, however it is all but mandatory for the Penguins to earn two points tonight to keep whatever playoff hopes they have alive. It’s a huge game with a 30% swing for the Caps if the game ends in regulation. A win would set them up really well for the playoffs but a loss throws them back into the pack of teams chasing them (NYI, DET, PIT).”

Reactions: LOGiK and Sideline

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So according to Bourne it will take 90-91 points to get in the playoffs in the East…here’s what he says about us…so you’re saying there’s a chance lol?…they also have the hardest schedule of their competitors

Status of the Pittsburgh Penguins

When they lost to the Devils and Stars back-to-back on March 19 and 22, talk started about the future of this franchise. Stuff about the off-season: trading Erik Karlsson, wondering if Sidney Crosby would stick around, etc, etc. They’ve since taken points in six straight games (with four wins), including two road wins against the Rangers and Devils, and are somehow back in the picture. And here’s how many points Crosby scored in each of those games: 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2. Just a light 15 points in six games. He’s single-handedly willed them back into it.

Remaing games: 7

@Washington, vs. Tampa Bay, @Toronto, vs. Detroit, vs. Boston, vs. Nashville, @NY Islanders(!)

Unfortunately, it seems like Sid and the Pens are going to be too little too late. I say “seems like,” and not “they’re too late,” because of one little detail – they currently hold the tiebreaker against literally every team they’re chasing (regulation wins). So if they get to 90 points – say they go 5-1-1, not an inconceivable stretch – they could be the team that gets in.

They play some awfully good opponents down the stretch and this comeback is unlikely, but if we know anything in hockey it’s that we shouldn’t count out Sidney Crosby.

Playoff chances: Stathletes: 10.2%, HockeyViz: 18.6%, Moneypuck: 15.1%

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I have such mixed emotions today. I want them them to win, but my muscle memory isn't that recent, and don't want to be let down again, again, and again, and again.

Let's hope that the Caps 3 game losing streak is real and continues, and that we continue to have puck luck in our favor.

Go Pens!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1C69F439-622C-45E2-9E9C-B40A3E71E70C.jpeg

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Must win game. I'm just happy we will be giving the 1st up this year instead of letting fate decide what happens next year.

Crazy to think a couple of wins we let slip away would have us neck and neck and be right with the caps

Must win and our guys need to play alert hockey.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
All bets are off if the Pens win this one. I'm not getting my hopes up, and I have no doubt they would get obliterated in round 1 of the playoffs...but at this rate, they're not gonna be picking top 10 regardless, and I will never root against Crosby getting more opportunities to climb in the all-time playoff scoring rankings.

Reactions: Sideline

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I have such mixed emotions today. I want them them to win, but my muscle memory isn't that recent, and don't want to be let down again, again, and again, and again.

Let's hope that the Caps 3 game losing streak is real and continues, and that we continue to have puck luck in our favor.

Go Pens!
I'm just enjoying the game. Odds are against us.

@WickedWrister graph shows us how important this win is to determine playoffs.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I hope we destroy them. I think we can. In short, f*** the Caps.

The Pens' awful powerplay and overtime record have resulted in them being slightly lower in the standings than they ought to be, and the Caps' luck despite a terrible goal differential has them higher than they ought to be. In reality, both of these teams are mediocre, but at least the Pens are on a hot streak. There's no reason why they shouldn't win this game.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So I haven't been paying attention for like a month. Is Jarry sick/injured or did the team finally remember that he forgets how to play his position this time of year?

Also please beat the Capitals. I friggin' hate those guys.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

So I haven't been paying attention for like a month. Is Jarry sick/injured or did the team finally remember that he forgets how to play his position this time of year?

Also please beat the Capitals. I friggin' hate those guys.
Both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad