Confirmed with Link: Big Zad Signs 1 x $3.75M

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I have no idea how he played in Chicago last year but I remember watching him play in the Flames - Avs playoff series and I liked what I saw.
I have no issue with trading a 3rd (which rarely pans out to a NHL player) for him and signing him for 1 x $3.75M. Gio left a big hole and signing anyone with more of a pedigree for longer term and more money would block Valimaki from moving up in the lineup. If Zad can play on the 2nd line with Andersson, its a good move. It gives Valimaki another year of development time.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Exactly this. If I’m being honest, Zad should in a perfect world replace what Hamonic gave us. He also adds a presence, something no dman on our backend currently has.

I don’t mind the price at all.

That's a good way to put it. Even as an over the hill Hamonic, a third ain't bad if we can get that. (Ie: with slight term, not rental). Although, I could imagine it's seen similarly as the stone trade for the 3rd/5th (which IMO was a good initial trade, no comment on the extensions).

Apr 28, 2010
Met the dude today.. in his bathrobe! :laugh:

I delivered food to his house in the NE.

Thought it was pretty cool to meet a hockey player, even just a bottom pairing dman lol

Typical russian with the deep voice and also kind of intimidating but it was cool of him to open the door and let me hand his food to him (we usually just leave the food on doorstep).

Anyway, hope he does well here in Calgary. As a Habs fan, I definitely wanted him in Montreal.

Cheers!

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Met the dude today.. in his bathrobe! :laugh:

I delivered food to his house in the NE.

Thought it was pretty cool to meet a hockey player, even just a bottom pairing dman lol

Typical russian with the deep voice and also kind of intimidating but it was cool of him to open the door and let me hand his food to him (we usually just leave the food on doorstep).

Anyway, hope he does well here in Calgary. As a Habs fan, I definitely wanted him in Montreal.

Cheers!
That's awesome.

Also, I respect the bathrobe. I also hate wearing pants unless I absolutely have to

Reactions: No More Subban
Apr 28, 2010
That's awesome.

Also, I respect the bathrobe. I also hate wearing pants unless I absolutely have to

Haha yup he definitely gives zero Fs. He just wanted his food. Saw him looking through his window as I approached his house :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad