OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yup. Canada has become the first G7 country to legalize it

Originally they were aiming for July 1st for it to come into effect which is Canada Day :laugh: but I heard likely September now. Think it has to go through 1 or 2 formalities

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Originally they were aiming for July 1st for it to come into effect which is Canada Day :laugh: but I heard likely September now. Think it has to go through 1 or 2 formalities
Pot heads are annoying af, like vegans.

And I say this as someone that occasionally enjoyed the green stuff back in the day and may do it once in a blue moon when camping. But like, my gf has friends that literally spend $80 a week on weed. Which is kind of funny, one of her friends at work dumped her boyfriend for drinking every weekend, but then she blazes literally every day but he has the problem.

That's weed culture basically. "It's not as harmful as alcohol or as addicting! *smokes literally every day and can't function without having a joint at least once a day...*..."

I guess someone with a non-addictive personality, I just don't get it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Apartment? Usually they need to just get to the main room where the rest of the lines are at and plug in a few things and switch some wires, that should be included in your bill, Comcast is such crap.

Yeah it's an apartment. From what I read online, I probably had to get this professional installation because the person living there before me probably didn't have Xfinity. The person currently living in my new apartment probably either has a smaller internet provider or is a serial killer, because the only other internet option from a major internet provider is 3 Mbps Verizon DSL. You have to be a serial killer to sign up for that kind of internet :laugh:

Pot heads are annoying af, like vegans.

It depends on what kind of stoners you're dealing with. My roommate for the last 2 years was a huge stoner, he was completely fine though. If you're talking about high school stoners, that brag about how cool they are because they smoke, then yeah, you have a point.

Weed has just never done it for me, to be honest. It's just...eh.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah it's an apartment. From what I read online, I probably had to get this professional installation because the person living there before me probably didn't have Xfinity. The person currently living in my new apartment probably either has a smaller internet provider or is a serial killer, because the only other internet option from a major internet provider is 3 Mbps Verizon DSL. You have to be a serial killer to sign up for that kind of internet :laugh:

It depends on what kind of stoners you're dealing with. My roommate for the last 2 years was a huge stoner, he was completely fine though. If you're talking about high school stoners, that brag about how cool they are because they smoke, then yeah, you have a point.

Weed has just never done it for me, to be honest. It's just...eh.

I don't enjoy the stench of it. There's this one idiot that blazes before he comes to the gym, does one of those useless workouts of 5mins on the stair climber, then 2 sets of 10 reps on like 10lb weight settings on 3 machines then walks around talking on his phone stinking up the gym.

Honestly, I feel like every day these days, I relate to Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down more and more.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't enjoy the stench of it. There's this one idiot that blazes before he comes to the gym, does one of those useless workouts of 5mins on the stair climber, then 2 sets of 10 reps on like 10lb weight settings on 3 machines then walks around talking on his phone stinking up the gym.

Honestly, I feel like every day these days, I relate to Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down more and more.

GREAT MOVIE. Oh man is that funny stuff, outside of the depressing nature of it all.

Alcohol, eh, beer is fine to me. I can drink every day if I wanted (I did for the first two playoff rounds) and I can be fine. At little fatter, a littler shakier, but that goes away without huge cold sweats and insomnia addicts face. Even though it's not illegal and will never be prescribed by a doctor like weed or opiates, it is still far less dangerous if you are a semi responsible person. I know plenty bad happens too, but what doesn't go wrong with anything.

Yeah, with weed it slows you down way too much. That happens naturally with age, if anything I need to go faster and be smarter, not slower and even dumber.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

That's fair for sure, I had issues with my roommate stinking up my apartment whenever he'd smoke. It was never that big of a problem, especially since weed is decriminalized in Pittsburgh, but it was a slight annoyance. Also, what idiot gets high before going to the gym? That just seems counterproductive. I can understand getting high and doing something active, but "something active" is like hiking or biking, not doing 5 minutes on a stair climber.

I was just never a fan of it. Whenever I smoke, I just feel really anxious and feel like I'm about to get sick. Once I get beyond that, it's great especially if you're doing stuff outside, but I'd rather just not do that and drink instead. I like my job and I like not being in jail, so I'll pick the legal drug over the decriminalized, but still illegal, drug :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
giphy.gif

It wasn’t a very successful sequel. Part 1 was re released :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's fair for sure, I had issues with my roommate stinking up my apartment whenever he'd smoke. It was never that big of a problem, especially since weed is decriminalized in Pittsburgh, but it was a slight annoyance. Also, what idiot gets high before going to the gym? That just seems counterproductive. I can understand getting high and doing something active, but "something active" is like hiking or biking, not doing 5 minutes on a stair climber.

I was just never a fan of it. Whenever I smoke, I just feel really anxious and feel like I'm about to get sick. Once I get beyond that, it's great especially if you're doing stuff outside, but I'd rather just not do that and drink instead. I like my job and I like not being in jail, so I'll pick the legal drug over the decriminalized, but still illegal, drug :laugh:

I mean anytime I have ever done it, it's been on vacation or camping, also, I've been drunk as hell so I am more open to just relaxing as much as possible. But I'd rather just have a glass of scotch, a cigar, and chill.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ugh cigars, I just can't do them. That's one thing I know I'll never do, I'll never take up smoking tobacco of any kind. Drinking, gambling or other crappy things? Sure, but smoking cigarettes? Hard pass, I've genuinely never had the interest in smoking cigarettes, cigars, juuls (which I just learned about recently) or anything like that. I went to a hookah bar once and I thought it was really stupid, it was just inhaling flavored smoke.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ugh cigars, I just can't do them. That's one thing I know I'll never do, I'll never take up smoking tobacco of any kind. Drinking, gambling or other crappy things? Sure, but smoking cigarettes? Hard pass, I've genuinely never had the interest in smoking cigarettes, cigars, juuls (which I just learned about recently) or anything like that. I went to a hookah bar once and I thought it was really stupid, it was just inhaling flavored smoke.

Cigars jack you up way more than cigarettes. That tobacco getting ingested through your gums and if you exhale through your nose you get double jacked up.

Cigarettes just go with casual drinking so easy. Cigar smoking is an art, kind of.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The thing is, I maybe smoke a cigar 4x a year max, if even that. Usually not even the full thing. It's something that I did once in a while that is now more of a thing for me as I get older, it just pairs really great with some scotch.

Like Lagavulin, it's peaty/smoky, but with a cigar, it's sweet.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I get confused when there's just too many damn spells to remember. Baldurs Gate (and Icewind Dale) did this to me, where I'd basically give up learning the different spells and just make sure my party's mages had fireballs and some kind of protective spell.

I also got frustrated with the large scale battles against the really, really powerful mages where you had to basically had to know every defensive and offensive spell intricately to win the fight. I had to enable "God mode" in the final battle of BG I because of this.

KOTOR was easier for me because I'm already a Star Wars nerd so I pretty much understood what each "Force ability" was supposed to do anyways.
Speaking of remembering a bunch of shit, it looks like I'm going to be trying out real d&d for the first time. The manual is 300+ pages long. I know a lot of it from the computer games but still

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Speaking of remembering a bunch of ****, it looks like I'm going to be trying out real d&d for the first time. The manual is 300+ pages long. I know a lot of it from the computer games but still

It's not real D&D unless you dress up like your character whenever you play.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad