OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Me: Sees a reprint of the 1966 World Cup Final Programme, Ticket and Newspaper. I'm not going to buy that, I don't need it.

Looks at price. Hmm. £11

I have no resistance sometimes

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wait, what's Dick Sledge from again? Archer?

That one is also fantastic.

"Starring, Dick Sledge..."

Man if I was some WWE dude trying to get into acting, I'd have ridiculous names as my alter ego. Now starring in The Patriot 5, Hugh Mongus.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
That looks dumb. Dude is fighting and feeding on the guy and the other bad guy is waiting like "No worries bruv, get your drink on, I can wait mate."

It's a story-driven RPG where you actually make a significant impact on the game world. Dontnod have always had some issues with combat in their games, but they're excellent with narrative, atmosphere, etc. I'd imagine the game would have more mass appeal with tighter combat, but the whole kung fu movie-esque 1 by 1 fights is sadly a pretty common trope.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's the thing, I feel like the graphics keep getting better and the stories as well, but the fighter physics in the game is still pretty much shit. It's the same thing.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
That's the thing, I feel like the graphics keep getting better and the stories as well, but the fighter physics in the game is still pretty much ****. It's the same thing.

I can understand that point of view. I can't really think of any RPG that has great combat, it's just usually not something I think much about if everything else is good.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can understand that point of view. I can't really think of any RPG that has great combat, it's just usually not something I think much about if everything else is good.
Yeah, I mean if the story is fantastic then it's not that much of an issue. Like Last Of Us had a fantastic story, the fighting mechanics were nothing new, but the story made it worth your time.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
yeah that's definitely an area where most RPGs have struggled to really get over the hump. The best combat you tend to get is "eh, good enough." A lot of them are downright bad. We need one of these RPG teams to group up with Capcom's Devil May Cry team and make a super game.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah, when it comes to RPGs, combat's almost like dead last on my list of what I care about. Obviously as long as the combat isn't so dreadful that it actually hurts the game, but as long as it's even halfway decent, I don't care. My favorite RPGs (KOTOR, The Witcher 3, Mass Effect) all had varying degrees of average to slightly below average combat. Their story, and overall quest and gameplay mechanics made up for it.

I decided to pick up Vampyr because there's nothing else out that I'm interested in anyway.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, when it comes to RPGs, combat's almost like dead last on my list of what I care about. Obviously as long as the combat isn't so dreadful that it actually hurts the game, but as long as it's even halfway decent, I don't care. My favorite RPGs (KOTOR, The Witcher 3, Mass Effect) all had varying degrees of average to slightly below average combat. Their story, and overall quest and gameplay mechanics made up for it.

I decided to pick up Vampyr because there's nothing else out that I'm interested in anyway.

I play a lot of Stardew Valley (who knew). I sold my console and my gpu died so I'm kind of stuck for gaming at the moment.

I'll have to pick up a console when they are on the verge of the next console cycle that way I'll have an entire library of games to play which are good games and on the cheap--- win win.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I play a lot of Stardew Valley (who knew). I sold my console and my gpu died so I'm kind of stuck for gaming at the moment.

I'll have to pick up a console when they are on the verge of the next console cycle that way I'll have an entire library of games to play which are good games and on the cheap--- win win.

That's what I usually do. Or I'll buy one when they "upgrade" to the latest model of the current generation of console when it goes on sale.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I'm a big fan of d&d style combat so I actually really liked Kotor's. But yeah the others are just fine.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm a big fan of d&d style combat so I actually really liked Kotor's. But yeah the others are just fine.

I get confused when there's just too many damn spells to remember. Baldurs Gate (and Icewind Dale) did this to me, where I'd basically give up learning the different spells and just make sure my party's mages had fireballs and some kind of protective spell.

I also got frustrated with the large scale battles against the really, really powerful mages where you had to basically had to know every defensive and offensive spell intricately to win the fight. I had to enable "God mode" in the final battle of BG I because of this.

KOTOR was easier for me because I'm already a Star Wars nerd so I pretty much understood what each "Force ability" was supposed to do anyways.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Services like Comcast make the process to cancel or change your subscriptions such a **** to do so you don't actually change it, I swear. I'm trying to get rid of my cable and it's like pulling teeth to get their chat service to work.

Edit: Although I will admit, their service helpers online are A LOT more helpful than they are over the phone.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Services like Comcast make the process to cancel or change your subscriptions such a **** to do so you don't actually change it, I swear. I'm trying to get rid of my cable and it's like pulling teeth to get their chat service to work.

Edit: Although I will admit, their service helpers online are A LOT more helpful than they are over the phone.

Honestly, if they have one of their service stores near you, it's worth the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad