OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Mancouver Chases the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It supposed to be fun. It's not about who shoots the best. I'm not the biggest star wars fan, but obviously the force is and symbol ancient relics come back to life. They're alh hidden powers and cloak and dagger.

Assuming I am on whatever you are on...let me decipher this.

You feel it's supposed to be fun that the clones are terrible shots and basically the most inept group of soldiers in any movie that isn't a comedy...

I don't buy that at all. There are fun moments, but for the most part, there are people being sliced and diced with light sabres, I mean ffs, Episode III had Anakin mass murder a bunch of freaking kids man, KIDS...

Jar Jar was basically the Batman & Robin'ing by the director for the franchise. Just a massive **** up for trying to make it more family friendly.

Back in 77-83, the first 3 were not ****ing family movies, Episodes I, II, and III tried to be more that, first more PG/PG13 bs, then more again and then again...in a more family friendly kind of way, not the pushing it for PG13 kind of way.

This is a space epic. JJ hopefully gets it back on track from Episode VI.

Not that I didn't enjoy all 6 as a whole..

I would say the CGI - Clone Wars and Rebels does more good for the franchise than the last 3 movies ever did with furthering the story and character development. You feel more sympathy for Anakin in Clone Wars, but in the First 3, you kind of hate him because he's a brat for the most part and then he is angry, just horrendous writing of that character. Clone Wars does a fantastic job of letting you actually warm up to the soon to be Darth Vader.

There's so much material for this franchise, just so much...they can make a movie every year if they wanted and still not run dry or stale. Which is why I think it would do well as a HBO type series. 8 Episodes a season, kind of like GOT, sans the incest and weird ****.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I still can't believe Pokemon turned into what it is today. I had Red on GBC when it came out (I think I was like 12), and loved it, but I've never played Pokemon since.

Apparently there's like 800 of the ******* now, and like 20 different games spanning multiple consoles/generations. :laugh:

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I still can't believe Pokemon turned into what it is today. I had Red on GBC when it came out (I think I was like 12), and loved it, but I've never played Pokemon since.

Apparently there's like 800 of the ******* now, and like 20 different games spanning multiple consoles/generations. :laugh:

Yeah it's way too much now....Pokemon came out when I was like 5 and I loved it but after Yellow I tried out Silver/Gold and it was too much...I used to be able to name all 151 in order though. Now there's still a few I remember(first 9 + Pikachu/Raichu at 25/26)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The main series games are still great, but they definitely went a little overboard in the middle generations in adding too many new ones. ~50 a generation is fine.

I got re-addicted last winter for the first real time since the original series...completely blind-sided me that that same formula continues to work so well. I'm very happy that they're actually taking a year off, though. I'm kinda hoping that the next new generation won't be until the next Nintendo handheld is out. The 3DS is really showing its age.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
If you have an android phone you can download emulators and roms and play them. I've been playing the GBA Fire Red recently. Too much fun. I use the John GBA emulator, I purchased the full version, there is a free lite version.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Last Christmas I got my hands on HeartGold and remembered how much fun it was, who knows what I'll do with future installments.

I wish Digimon games were better/bigger/something I was into.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Last Christmas I got my hands on HeartGold and remembered how much fun it was, who knows what I'll do with future installments.

I wish Digimon games were better/bigger/something I was into.

The new one from Japan is coming over to North America. I hear it's pretty good. More adult-themed than previous games.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
The main series games are still great, but they definitely went a little overboard in the middle generations in adding too many new ones. ~50 a generation is fine.

I got re-addicted last winter for the first real time since the original series...completely blind-sided me that that same formula continues to work so well. I'm very happy that they're actually taking a year off, though. I'm kinda hoping that the next new generation won't be until the next Nintendo handheld is out. The 3DS is really showing its age.

White 2 is the first game I really spent any time with. I'd become hooked briefly... until the point where you have to go to the Dragon Gym, and the game has given access to little to no Ice-types, the only thing that works on them...

The only Pokémon I had with an ice attack was a Lucario that I taught one to.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Wow!! But that's a graded card though. Still wow.

In other Ebay related news, I got my cash back from that schmuck that tried to burn me the other night. :yo: :yo: :yo:

Reported him to Ebay as well as gave him negative feedback as well. ;)

Plus since I still have the dumbass's cell number I could troll him hard if I wanted to. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Anxiously waiting for my copy of Super Mario Maker to show up in the mail.

Indeed.

qxknmafgjxa16uaebh5o.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
i really really want to get a WiiU for that. Its still hard to justify though, especially since I am looking to get a laptop to play my steam games while I'm traveling for work.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Had Mexican food for dinner, am now drinking beer and watching boxing.

#mykindofFriday :)

I so wanna get into boxing. Not against people, but punch a bag. Great way to get rid of your anger and get a workout in aswell. One day i wanna buy a punching bag for my deck, get a pullup bar, do some pushups, get some rope for jumping and doing the workout with your arms, do training on the bar like calisthenics, do some yoga, add in some kettlebells, maybe a bench.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I so wanna get into boxing. Not against people, but punch a bag. Great way to get rid of your anger and get a workout in aswell. One day i wanna buy a punching bag for my deck, get a pullup bar, do some pushups, get some rope for jumping and doing the workout with your arms, do training on the bar like calisthenics, do some yoga, add in some kettlebells, maybe a bench.

Go for it bro.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It sounds like the rat(s) are trying to chew its way through part of my closet and into my bedroom. That was the last straw. I finally told my landlord that I will not hesitate to break my lease and gave them a deadline to fix the issue.

I'm guessing that I will need to find a new apartment soon.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Played the opening hour of The Phantom Pain last night, the first MGS game I've touched since MGS2's release date...

What in the flying **** is going on in this world? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad