OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Mancouver Chases the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I was exaggerating a bit. I think his record serve was 150 mph, but only averages about 125. A gentleman by the name of Sam Groth holds the record at 163mph.

Serena is getting all the attention this tournament and rightfully so, but I think Federer winning one at 34 years old after a few down years (by his standards) would be incredible.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I was exaggerating a bit. I think his record serve was 150 mph, but only averages about 125. A gentleman by the name of Sam Groth holds the record at 163mph.

Serena is getting all the attention this tournament and rightfully so, but I think Federer winning one at 34 years old after a few down years (by his standards) would be incredible.

It would be nice for Roger to get his Sampras moment

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Potential Ebay Problem....

So a few hours ago I bought a tshirt off of Ebay for an upcoming boxing match. Upon purchasing it, I then learned quite a bit of information about the item which lead me to believe it's a fake (upon doing a quick search...the seller's phone number for texting any questions to them turned out to be a number for a carpet cleaning business in California which I found to be the most troubling).

So since the item hasn't shipped yet and I just paid for the item via PayPal less than 2.5 hours ago, how can I get a refund??? I've never had any Ebay issues before despite being on Ebay for years, and now I'm scared I just got ripped off.

How do I open a claim or ask for a refund??? According to the item description it says returns are "Not Accepted"

So does that mean no refund even if it hasn't shipped yet??

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Follow Up: Well I texted this seller and now he's saying I "didn't pay enough for shipping and he needed more cash" so I linked him to my invoice to show that I paid exactly what the listing said shipping to Canada would cost and then he was saying i didn't win the auction (despite me texting him a screenshot of the email saying I won) and he's saying that my Paypal address is some BS American one. Which I know damn well it isn't as I'm obviously Canadian and use PayPal often never with an issue.

So after a bit of back and forth, I got 2 emails from PayPal. One saying that he refunded me and it'll be on my Visa and the other says the additional payment used for an international shipping and import charge (to help clear customs) was cancelled. Yet the money hasn't appeared back in my Visa yet.

What a ****ing nightmare

Last edited:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Give him one day and go from there. I'd contact EBay before I'd go to PayPal. My friend tried dealing with PayPal before and he didn't have too many positive things to say about it (definitely contact both though just in case). Worst case scenario your bank/credit card provider will probably give you a refund if you never receive the item. However if you do receive the shirt for whatever reason you might be SOL unless you can prove that it was not as described in which case eBay most likely will give you a refund.

Usually when you threat a person that you're going to take action then they usually fold like a house of cards, just some low level scam artists.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mail him something from your apartment complex that's infested with bed bugs with a note that says "no hard feelings."

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
Fly a plane into his.. no that's a stupid idea.

Let's have a tournament. No a death match!

MetalheadPenguinsFan vs the dysfunctional internet media. Winner gets to watch a pirates game in my living room. (some shipping charges apply)

Random question: Do men Plee-eh?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I need to watch all of the movies again and holy **** is that going to be a ton of time that I need to invest in sitting and paying attention.

Might be worth it, outside of Jar Jar, I didn't mind the 3 newer films, I think Hayden isn't a terrible actor as much as the way they wrote Annakin, you give any actor that little decent material to work with and you'll get the same results every damn time.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I've started a complete re-watch of Star Wars and I'm watching the Clone Wars cartoon. The Phantom Menace is out of the way so things are looking up.

Their animated shows/movies are pretty decent. You get to see Anakin as a mentor to Snips, etc, the new show, Snips is now a bad ass.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Their animated shows/movies are pretty decent. You get to see Anakin as a mentor to Snips, etc, the new show, Snips is now a bad ass.

I've really been enjoying it and I'm going to start season 3 soon. It's making me realize how much the prequels (with the lion's share of blame going to The Phantom Menace and Jar Jar ****ing Binks) tainted Star Wars for me, if those hadn't happened then I'd have already watched this. Things also get filled out way better, like Anakin being an actual fleshed out character and the clones not being generic canon fodder.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The biggest thing is the Clones, you get to know a few of them better and that they aren't just the same people over and over. They have depth, you feel for the characters when they go through crap, each one has their own personality traits that make them unique and you NEVER see that in the movies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's been a highlight. The way they managed to make the same voice and body into distinct characters is impressive. It makes the whole cloning to make easily disposable and replaceable soldiers thing a point, unlike the movies irrc.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's been a highlight. The way they managed to make the same voice and body into distinct characters is impressive. It makes the whole cloning to make easily disposable and replaceable soldiers thing a point, unlike the movies irrc.

I wish the movie did that though, a few clones that decided they wanted to join the rebels and you get a glimpse of what made them want to switch sides, etc.

In the movies, they're mindless drones that can't shoot worth ****.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah, it would have been good. They never did it in the originals, but then there was a chance to do it in the prequels and it didn't happen. It would have added so much more depth to the films, instead it was masked clones and blank unmasked ones.

The differences and motivations of the clones are so interesting. I guess you could also treat it as a question about what makes us human and/or individuals. Because they should all be the same or remarkably close, but that's not the case.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
I wish the movie did that though, a few clones that decided they wanted to join the rebels and you get a glimpse of what made them want to switch sides, etc.

In the movies, they're mindless drones that can't shoot worth ****.

It supposed to be fun. It's not about who shoots the best. I'm not the biggest star wars fan, but obviously the force is and symbol ancient relics come back to life. They're alh hidden powers and cloak and dagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad