OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Mancouver Chases the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
? No idea what that is, could you describe it briefly without spoilers 'cause i don't wanna look it up.

...about Metropolis, holy imploded cow, this rescore sounds so good!

From imdb:

Follows a mysterious anarchist who recruits a young computer programmer (Malek) who suffers from an anti-social disorder and connects to people by hacking them.

The title kind of made it seem more like a sci fi type of show, but it really isn't. I haven't really watched Dexter, but I saw people on Reddit comparing it to that.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
From imdb:

Follows a mysterious anarchist who recruits a young computer programmer (Malek) who suffers from an anti-social disorder and connects to people by hacking them.

The title kind of made it seem more like a sci fi type of show, but it really isn't. I haven't really watched Dexter, but I saw people on Reddit comparing it to that.

Thanks pal, sounds great. Will try to pick it up somehow. Great synopsis!

Big, to this day & until i die i will never trully understand how good Metropolis looks for its time. By expressionism & mind blowing images alone, it is & always will be, a masterpiece (of social criticism).

Friedrich Christian Anton "Fritz" Lang (December 5, 1890 РAugust 2, 1976) was a German-Austrian filmmaker, screenwriter, and occasional film producer and actor.[1] One of the best known ̩migr̩s from Germany's school of Expressionism, he was dubbed the "Master of Darkness" by the British Film Institute.[2]

His most famous films include the groundbreaking Metropolis (the world's most expensive film at the time of its release), and M, made before he moved to the United States, which is considered a precursor to the film noir genre.

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Good picks! I wouldn't really know where to Ubik start, so many Ubik classics. For westerns i really like Once Upon a Time in the Ubik West. For S-Ubik-F i like Fritz Lang's Ubik Metropolis. Horror-wise i'd go with Sir Christopher Ubik Lee's Hammer Ubik films. Fantasy... Beauty & the Ubik Beast, Ubik Wizard of Oz. Thriller... Ubik Hitchcock's Vertigo.

Malkovich malkovich? Malkovich malkovich, malkovich.

Mr Robot looks to continue USA's run of quality shows. I had it set to DVR for weeks waiting for it. The pilot was pretty good and looks like it has a plot that isn't going to burn out quick like a lot of shows.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I've watched the pilot probably 4 times now :laugh:

It's already been renewed for a second season. So that's good.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Always plan on soul-sucking weather in Pittsburgh and on rare occasions you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Coming in June? Cloudy with rain. Coming in July? Cloudy with rain. Coming in November? Cloudy with rain. Coming in January? Cloudy with snow.

I always see people distraught over their rained-out picnic and I'm like "why the **** did you plan on cooperative weather in Pittsburgh?"

Rain from May to July is just Standard Operating Procedure for Pennsylvania in general. Especially on the weekends.

Sadly, I'm not getting out to Pittsburgh this year. I honestly don't miss the reason I used to always go, but I do miss getting to spend a weekend out in PGH.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Rain from May to July is just Standard Operating Procedure for Pennsylvania in general. Especially on the weekends.

Sadly, I'm not getting out to Pittsburgh this year. I honestly don't miss the reason I used to always go, but I do miss getting to spend a weekend out in PGH.

Hey man, the Piedmont area (southeast corner) gets almost 20 in. less precipitation per year than the Pittsburgh region.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm near Williams Grove Speedway in South Central PA.

45-55% of the Friday Night races getting rained out is just a sad fact of life here.

I may have underestimated how much of PA is considered the Piedmont. I'm talking more specifically Delaware Valley/Philadelphia region, I guess. I definitely noticed it rained a bit more frequently and snowed a lot more in Pittsburgh than West Chester or even Millersville.

Of course now I live in Arizona so none of this matters to me and I'll take any and all precipitation :laugh:.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What a week! Phil Kessel trade, lost 20 pounds in a month, that chick i was depressed about is meeting me for drinks on Saturday. Best.Week.Ever?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So I am doing a trial run for a completely different position where I work that could potentially lead to a nice raise and travel.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I love Amazon Prime and Suits (the TV show).

Wine is cool too. Having myself a fun Thursday night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad