Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Thinking:

Pittsburgh 11-13th
Boston 14th - 17th.

Was planning on going in October to Toronto instead of Boston but not games in Toronto.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Always plan on soul-sucking weather in Pittsburgh and on rare occasions you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Coming in June? Cloudy with rain. Coming in July? Cloudy with rain. Coming in November? Cloudy with rain. Coming in January? Cloudy with snow.

I always see people distraught over their rained-out picnic and I'm like "why the **** did you plan on cooperative weather in Pittsburgh?"

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I went in October two years ago and it was 30c

our temperatures make no sense, its true. According to google, the average low in Nov is 33F and the average high is 53F.

I can tell you 30c in November would be incredibly rare. That's very rare in October too though. Its not that hot right now in june :laugh:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
So I'm finishing up reading Lexicon by Max Barry and I still have ~2 more weeks until Armada by Ernest Cline comes out. Anyone reading any good books and have any recommendations?

Thought about rereading Ready Player One (again) but realized I lent out my copy to a friend.

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
I'm rather enjoying Middlemarch right now. But that's because I'm the kind of person who reads 19th century British literature for fun. And likes it.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
For hockey, The Game, by Ken Dryden.

S-F: 2001, A Space Odyssey & Ubik.

Fantasy: Go **** yourself, by Triumph ("I keed i keed"), The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien, if you're really into LOTR.

Something else, Life of Pi, by Yann Martel.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So I'm finishing up reading Lexicon by Max Barry and I still have ~2 more weeks until Armada by Ernest Cline comes out. Anyone reading any good books and have any recommendations?

Thought about rereading Ready Player One (again) but realized I lent out my copy to a friend.
Playboy June issue.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Playboy June issue.

I'm reminded of this man...

rube-baker-throwing-1.jpg

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Aaaaah Yesssss!

Star Trek Beyond is an upcoming American science fiction action film and the sequel to 2013 film Star Trek Into Darkness. It is the thirteenth film in the Star Trek film franchise. The film is directed by Justin Lin from a screenplay by Doug Jung and Simon Pegg based on the series of the same name created by Gene Roddenberry. Chris Pine reprises his role as Captain James T. Kirk, with Zachary Quinto, Pegg, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, and Anton Yelchin reprising their roles from the previous film, while Idris Elba and Sofia Boutella round out the film's principal cast. Principal photography began on June 25, 2015 in Vancouver. The film is scheduled for a July 8, 2016 release.

Can't wait, also, Kirk & Spock's actors will be back for the 4th installment.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Man I have absolutely loathed the new iteration of star trek.

They replaced all of the sci.fi and philosophy of the original series and.movies and replaced them with pew pew space battles and lens flare.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Man I have absolutely loathed the new iteration of star trek.

Purist? I love J.J.Abrams' take on it, some SW's faster rythm.

New flicks are to rock n' roll what old flicks are to jazz.

Gotta please the new hyper generation...

What are your favorite old films?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Basically spat my drinking out when I read this comment on Cracked:

tumblr_nqqiu1U5rD1txyx4lo1_1280.png

:laugh:

Also, Ubik was great. That ending... Ogre, ya read it yet?

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Lost 19 pounds in 29 days, i am now at 221. Month 2 i plan to eat better because right now it's ok, could be better. I wanna hit 205 at month 2 end, then i am going to just completly destroy myself going on 10, 15, 20,25,30 day challenges doing these things. I already cut 10 minutes off the mountain i hike up.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I've always liked 12 Angry Men since I saw it in a seminar class in high school...

Full Metal Jacket, One Flew Over, The Sting, and The Good The Bad and The Ugly round out my classic top 5 (in no particular order).

Good picks! I wouldn't really know where to Ubik start, so many Ubik classics. For westerns i really like Once Upon a Time in the Ubik West. For S-Ubik-F i like Fritz Lang's Ubik Metropolis. Horror-wise i'd go with Sir Christopher Ubik Lee's Hammer Ubik films. Fantasy... Beauty & the Ubik Beast, Ubik Wizard of Oz. Thriller... Ubik Hitchcock's Vertigo.

Metropolisposter.jpg

P.S. I love The Sting's music.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Lost 19 pounds in 29 days, i am now at 221. Month 2 i plan to eat better because right now it's ok, could be better. I wanna hit 205 at month 2 end, then i am going to just completly destroy myself going on 10, 15, 20,25,30 day challenges doing these things. I already cut 10 minutes off the mountain i hike up.

Keep it up... & down. ;)

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Just watched the pilot for Mr. Robot, it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Just watched the pilot for Mr. Robot, it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

? No idea what that is, could you describe it briefly without spoilers 'cause i don't wanna look it up.

...about Metropolis, holy imploded cow, this rescore sounds so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad