OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Beverly Hills Cop
48 Hours

You know you're old when you're old enough to remember when Eddie Murphy was funny.

You know you've got one foot in the grave if you're old enough to remember when Chevy Chase was funny.

EDIT: Did I see you post that you're adopting a little 4 legged @Honour Over Glory? Boy, girl? Breed?

What, I'm not that old. Fletch & Fletch Lives, Caddyshack, National Lampoon's European Vacation, National Lampoon's Vacation, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are awesome. Oh and my favorite Chevy Chase movie - Spies Like Us. That movie is f***ing awesome.

And yeah, 48hrs is better than Another 48hrs and I love BHC 1 + 2, 3 is trash.

Ok I am old.

Reactions: KIRK

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
My piece of shit car is f***ed up again.

The central locking is dead so I had to go old school and open the door with the key. Off went the alarm and now the immobiliser won't go off so the car won't start.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm watching Lethal Weapon, the tv show. They're in a strip club and I know this song, it's the same damn song from Beverley HIlls Cop 1, when they are in the strip club.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What, that dog is adorable!!

I think I am going to have to just visit the shelters and see them personally. Which might be a bad idea, I might end up adopting like a a few dogs and my place can accommodate that many with my backyard and house size (my gf works from home for half the week too).

Pugs are great. They sleep a lot so during the day they won’t miss you as much. If you go out a lot I wouldn’t suggest one. They love people and really need that attention.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
What, I'm not that old. Fletch & Fletch Lives, Caddyshack, National Lampoon's European Vacation, National Lampoon's Vacation, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are awesome. Oh and my favorite Chevy Chase movie - Spies Like Us. That movie is ****ing awesome.

And yeah, 48hrs is better than Another 48hrs and I love BHC 1 + 2, 3 is trash.

Ok I am old.

I love the Fletch movies!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pugs are great. They sleep a lot so during the day they won’t miss you as much. If you go out a lot I wouldn’t suggest one. They love people and really need that attention.

I'm a home body when I am off work. I hit the gym's early morning so really, if I am not needed at the office, I come home around 2-ish and work from home or just chill at home.

So I do like the cuddly dogs that like to just lounge around with me, go for walks, etc.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I'm a home body when I am off work. I hit the gym's early morning so really, if I am not needed at the office, I come home around 2-ish and work from home or just chill at home.

So I do like the cuddly dogs that like to just lounge around with me, go for walks, etc.

Yeah they basically are happy to do what you’re doing. If you want to sleep in they are happy to do that, if you want to go for a walk they are happy to do that too.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Ryan Reynolds was supposed to be the new Fletch in a reboot but it never happened. I think at the time he wasn't nearly as big of a star as he is right now, doing lame rom-com's and what not.

I can see he’d be pretty good if the script was good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah they basically are happy to do what you’re doing. If you want to sleep in they are happy to do that, if you want to go for a walk they are happy to do that too.

My only worry is their snout, I had a boston terrier, they didn't nearly have the same issues as Pug's with breathing and their muzzle being so squished in from messed up breeding.

Otherwise, Pugs are cute in a weird way.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
My only worry is their snout, I had a boston terrier, they didn't nearly have the same issues as Pug's with breathing and their muzzle being so squished in from messed up breeding.

Otherwise, Pugs are cute in a weird way.

My two are fine. One has smaller nostrils but he’s good. He used to go on 3km runs with me. He’d breath heavy for a little bit not any more than me though. :laugh: On hot days I wouldn’t walk them for more than 20-30 mins at a time but we don’t get crazy hot weather here that much.

I’ve had them for 7.5 and 6 years and I still get really excited driving home from work to see them. They have quite the personality just so happy.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Ryan Reynolds was supposed to be the new Fletch in a reboot but it never happened. I think at the time he wasn't nearly as big of a star as he is right now, doing lame rom-com's and what not.
Not sure why they'd think it needs to be remade. They're still funny to this day.

I also hope The Naked Gun remake never gets made. Ed Helms replacing Leslie Nielsen? Ughh...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My two are fine. One has smaller nostrils but he’s good. He used to go on 3km runs with me. He’d breath heavy for a little bit not any more than me though. :laugh: On hot days I wouldn’t walk them for more than 20-30 mins at a time but we don’t get crazy hot weather here that much.

I’ve had them for 7.5 and 6 years and I still get really excited driving home from work to see them. They have quite the personality just so happy.

OK you've won me over, If I see one at the shelter, I will definitely see about adopting them. So far though, from the correspondence with the Shelter, it's a lot of retrievers, so they've asked me for what I'm looking for and to get back to them later today.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not sure why they'd think it needs to be remade. They're still funny to this day.

I also hope The Naked Gun remake never gets made. Ed Helms replacing Leslie Nielsen? Ughh...

I abhor remakes of classics.

I didn't like the A-Team remake. I don't want a Magnum PI remake, I don't care for remakes of classics. I don't care for all male or all female or all dog or cats remakes of classics either (the new Ghostbusters didn't suck because it was all female, it sucked because it just flat out sucked).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

May the burn in hell for even THINKING that.

We met Leslie Nielsen in the lobby of a hotel in Hilton Head many years ago. I think he was there for a celebrity golf tournament. Guy was really cool.

Best part: He had a whoopie cushion and was using it. Here we are, in this fancy hotel in a crowded lobby, and he kept slipping it on chairs before people sat down. :laugh:

EDIT: One thing some people don't realize is he actually was a straight dramatic actor for YEARS until Airplane. That's part of what made it so brilliant, him and guys like Robert Stack playing all the punchlines straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad