OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Yeah cineplex is a joke. They are insanely over priced for sub par accommodations and food fare.

Tell me about it. The last time I went to one I bought myself a hamburger that (IIRC) was like $13 via that OutTakes restaurant they have and it was nothing to write home about. And my fries were cold.

I coulda snuck in a bag of McDouble burgers from McDonald's for that price. And at least I like the McDouble :laugh:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Another neat thing about the indie theatre here is that every now and then they'll have special "feast events" for certain movies.

IIRC, they just had one like a week ago where if you paid like $17 (or less if you bought tickets in advance) you could go there and watch the original "Home Alone" while eating all you can eat cheese pizza. :laugh:

They've done with marathons of those really shitty Kung-Fu movies from the 70's :laugh: and Chinese takeout too I know. Although I don't think those events are all you can eat. I could be wrong though.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I like the events they show at Cineplex, like the Bolshoi and National Theatre.

I also have their Scene card so when I do go I get cheaper popcorn and eventually a free ticket.I don't mind paying the $13 to get in.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tell me about it. The last time I went to one I bought myself a hamburger that (IIRC) was like $13 via that OutTakes restaurant they have and it was nothing to write home about. And my fries were cold.

I coulda snuck in a bag of McDouble burgers from McDonald's for that price. And at least I like the McDouble :laugh:
Their burgers feel like they're just reheated frozen crap.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We did a little Secret Santa thing at work today and the person that picked me bought me an IPA.

@KIRK I think my employees know I am a bitter alcoholic.

You're French Canadian. What the **** else could you be?

giphy.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Coming to America and Trading Places, two of the funniest Eddie Murphy movies ever made.

Beverly Hills Cop
48 Hours

You know you're old when you're old enough to remember when Eddie Murphy was funny.

You know you've got one foot in the grave if you're old enough to remember when Chevy Chase was funny.

EDIT: Did I see you post that you're adopting a little 4 legged @Honour Over Glory? Boy, girl? Breed?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So, what kind of doggy are you adopting?

In my life so far I've had a German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Boston Terrier, and a German Shepherd again. I think I'd be open to a Beagle, they are adorable with their floppy ears. But it's tough finding one for adoption, even a pup or older one. I do see a lot of Golden's or just Retrievers and Border's on the adoption lists, but it has to suit my lifestyle too, I don't want to get a dog that freaks out if I go to work and some of these dogs that were treated poorly, and it breaks my heart to read some of the stories, have a lot of attachment anxiety.

I don't want to get one and then let the dog down, they deserve way more than that, so it's just a fit thing right now that I am reading, waiting to see one that fits our life.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
In my life so far I've had a German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Boston Terrier, and a German Shepherd again. I think I'd be open to a Beagle, they are adorable with their floppy ears. But it's tough finding one for adoption, even a pup or older one. I do see a lot of Golden's or just Retrievers and Border's on the adoption lists, but it has to suit my lifestyle too, I don't want to get a dog that freaks out if I go to work and some of these dogs that were treated poorly, and it breaks my heart to read some of the stories, have a lot of attachment anxiety.

I don't want to get one and then let the dog down, they deserve way more than that, so it's just a fit thing right now that I am reading, waiting to see one that fits our life.

Look for a mix of a Rottie and Aussie/Border Collie/etc. Obviously, the herding dogs need exercise and get bored, but the Rottie blood has been calming for mine. Just google the mix with adoption as your key words. Here's a pick of that's pretty close to what mine looks like (mine's furrier), who got the rottie coloring and facial features along with the aussie body shape and fur.

7e78f322e82e5929b5c4c82b811fbdb9--rottweiler-mix-border-collie-mix.jpg

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

:heart:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Look for a mix of a Rottie and Aussie/Border Collie/etc. Obviously, the herding dogs need exercise and get bored, but the Rottie blood has been calming for mine. Just google the mix with adoption as your key words. Here's a pick of that's pretty close to what mine looks like (mine's furrier), who got the rottie coloring and facial features along with the aussie body shape and fur.

7e78f322e82e5929b5c4c82b811fbdb9--rottweiler-mix-border-collie-mix.jpg

What, that dog is adorable!!

I think I am going to have to just visit the shelters and see them personally. Which might be a bad idea, I might end up adopting like a a few dogs and my place can accommodate that many with my backyard and house size (my gf works from home for half the week too).

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad