TV: Big Brother 22 - ALLSTARS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Da'Vonne is just a straight up racist. It is what it is at this point. I don't know how people on Twitter defend anything she does. Her winning AFP is a joke.

Thankfully the jury got it right with their finale votes, because imagine Cody had to deal with the same juries Paul had to deal with. We would have seen a lot closer of a vote last night, and not in a good way.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Nicole messed it up by playing it safe when she won HoH at final five and instead of backdooring Cody after winning the veto, Memphis got voted out. She could've beaten Memphis in the end, but being loyal ended up costing her money, so congrats to Cody for being on the other end of that

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nicole messed it up by playing it safe when she won HoH at final five and instead of backdooring Cody after winning the veto, Memphis got voted out. She could've beaten Memphis in the end, but being loyal ended up costing her money, so congrats to Cody for being on the other end of that
Nicole not flipping on Tyler and keeping Ian, forcing Dani to make that call, is the pressure point of the season. If they keep Ian, they could’ve flipped the house on the other 4 and always have the votes and be stronger players then Day, Kevin, and David, then Christmas jumps ship from the boys. It could’ve been them two to the end.

Reactions: Thucydides

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I don't know what they were seeing in the house, but it was obvious that none of them were going to beat Cody in the end. They should have gotten rid of Cody earlier, but hey that's a credit to Cody's game in the way everyone was so loyal to him right to the end. Smart move on him taking Enzo, he wasn't going to make that mistake again. Not that I think Nicole would have beat him, but he wasn't taking any chances this time around.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know what they were seeing in the house, but it was obvious that none of them were going to beat Cody in the end. They should have gotten rid of Cody earlier, but hey that's a credit to Cody's game in the way everyone was so loyal to him right to the end. Smart move on him taking Enzo, he wasn't going to make that mistake again. Not that I think Nicole would have beat him, but he wasn't taking any chances this time around.
Sounds like a Cody/Nicole vote would've been close. I didn't see who all said they would've voted for, but more than one said Nicole.

As far as letting Cody get that far, I mean, that's part of it. Yeah they should've all seen it, but they all felt protected by him and by the time they all found out he didn't have their back that week, and most often it was because he knew or thought they were going after him, their game was up, it was too late. Nobody in that house even thought that a week he didn't have power was the time to get him. He got in a position where he won a lot and nobody ever put him up - ever.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nicole being a bawling, pouty child during that finale was a fitting end to this season.

Good for Cody. He played a great game, and I feel like people underrated him a bit in BB16 because he was with Derrick. I’m not a Cody fan per say, but I don’t mind him winning the game. He was probably 5th-7th on my list entering the game.

There’s rumours of some sort of shortened season in the new year. Either a celebrity season again, or a televised Over the Top season.

Reactions: Thucydides

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Da'Vonne is just a straight up racist. It is what it is at this point. I don't know how people on Twitter defend anything she does. Her winning AFP is a joke.

Thankfully the jury got it right with their finale votes, because imagine Cody had to deal with the same juries Paul had to deal with. We would have seen a lot closer of a vote last night, and not in a good way.

How exactly is she racist?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
1) Called David an "Uncle Tom"
2) Refused to acknowledge that Kevin is black, even though he's half black
3) Straight up told Nicole A that she was voting to keep David when Nicole/David were on the block strictly because he's black.

She's a racist.

I think that's taking some liberties with interpretations of what is racist.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You don't have to agree - that's fine. But she absolutely exemplifies racist tendencies to me.

Her being black doesn't mean she can't be a racist.

No, it doesn't mean she can't be racist but the examples you're using don't exactly hold up to that is my point. She has acknowledged him being black. I don't see how Day calling someone an Uncle Tom is inherently racist either. It can be very ignorant and in that particular case it was because she was wrong but not racist. And I think voting based on skin color was more about her own interests rather than some belief that her race is better than others. In a game like this, I think such a distinction can be made. It's clearly biased but I view racism has a superiority/inferiority dynamic to it that she doesn't have in this. Otherwise, are we going to make that same claim when the house kept nominating those in the out group that just happened to be a group of POC?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No, it doesn't mean she can't be racist but the examples you're using don't exactly hold up to that is my point. She has acknowledged him being black. I don't see how Day calling someone an Uncle Tom is inherently racist either. It can be very ignorant and in that particular case it was because she was wrong but not racist. And I think voting based on skin color was more about her own interests rather than some belief that her race is better than others. In a game like this, I think such a distinction can be made. It's clearly biased but I view racism has a superiority/inferiority dynamic to it that she doesn't have in this. Otherwise, are we going to make that same claim when the house kept nominating those in the out group that just happened to be a group of POC?
Difference between example you cited is that not once was the justification for putting David on the block "because you're black, David."

Whereas Da'Vonne flat out telling Nicole A she's voting to keep David because he's black is very ignorant. And let's call it that. I'll walk back my accusation of racism, but I think you and I can both agree it's very, very ignorant.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Difference between example you cited is that not once was the justification for putting David on the block "because you're black, David."

Whereas Da'Vonne flat out telling Nicole A she's voting to keep David because he's black is very ignorant. And let's call it that. I'll walk back my accusation of racism, but I think you and I can both agree it's very, very ignorant.

But that's what her interests and goals were so it's not ignorant. It certainly sounds ignorant but it makes sense given what her actual goals were the entire time.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think the thing that I had the biggest problem with Davonne this season is her continuing to not recognize Kevin's race fully. Even when she tries to do it, it was half assed and she literally is saying he made it an issue for game reasons. She just kind of comes across as ignorant and incredibly narrow minded. I am not sure if racist is the right term for her, but I am not a fan of her regardless of what you want to call her.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
But that's what her interests and goals were so it's not ignorant. It certainly sounds ignorant but it makes sense given what her actual goals were the entire time.
If someone's interests and goals in a game are to ensure that a person of a specific race goes far, then that to me is ignorant. Da'Vonne completely removed any aspect of game at that point and turned it primarily into a race issue, one which Nicole had zero control over.

Reactions: Foppberg

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If someone's interests and goals in a game are to ensure that a person of a specific race goes far, then that to me is ignorant. Da'Vonne completely removed any aspect of game at that point and turned it primarily into a race issue, one which Nicole had zero control over.

I can see why you'd think that. There are elements to that mindset and strategy that I think are ignorant but I don't think having those interests and goals in a game are ignorant. I just think it has to happen in a more organic way for it to really mean something. But that issue that Nicole had zero control over is something that's just a part of the game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I can see why you'd think that. There are elements to that mindset and strategy that I think are ignorant but I don't think having those interests and goals in a game are ignorant. I just think it has to happen in a more organic way for it to really mean something. But that issue that Nicole had zero control over is something that's just a part of the game.
But this is where context is key, because to Da'Vonne, this isn't just a game. She made that painfully obvious with regards to her decision to return, and with how Nicole F handled lying to her about the Ian vote. She makes things personal, and cannot separate game from her own personal life/emotions/etc.

If Da'Vonne was strictly about playing this game I'd see where she is coming from strategically. But I don't think she was. I could be wrong. But based on how she acted throughout the season and how other houseguests stated she was, I don't think that she was.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
But this is where context is key, because to Da'Vonne, this isn't just a game. She made that painfully obvious with regards to her decision to return, and with how Nicole F handled lying to her about the Ian vote. She makes things personal, and cannot separate game from her own personal life/emotions/etc.

If Da'Vonne was strictly about playing this game I'd see where she is coming from strategically. But I don't think she was. I could be wrong. But based on how she acted throughout the season and how other houseguests stated she was, I don't think that she was.

I think she did blur the lines of game and personal but I think that would be firmly put in game mode. I just don't think she's a good player overall. Like part of what you're saying I feel is a valid criticism for that rather than pure ignorance. I feel her goals weren't good for success in the game but they weren't ignorant.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I don't know about that. I think people are trying to make more of it than it really is.

Jackson was essentially called a racist on live TV just because he put nominated a couple POC at the start of the season when he had to target 4 people.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jackson was essentially called a racist on live TV just because he put nominated a couple POC at the start of the season when he had to target 4 people.

Because between four people out of many he only chose them instead of actually limited choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad