Post-Game Talk: Big Apple 1 Little Chicago 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
and had we had any sort of bottom six scoring we could have won 4-5 of those games and been well over .500
Yeah, I really wish we had brought in a forward or two via trade in the offseason like a lot of us had been clamouring for.

Alas, I guess there were none available.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
No need to convince me, as I tend to be on the let's go all in in the majority of trade discussions. I'd throw caution to the wind, especially in the wide open West.

Anything further on this?
mike mcintyre said there is concern it could be significant

• Wow
Reactions: voyageur

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
As an outside observer, I'm honestly not sure why you wouldn't go for broke. You have a strong top 6, you have cap space, you have movable assets, you have a Western Conference that looks exceedingly mediocre, and you have a goalie capable of stealing an entire series. IMO, it's either this year or next for you guys, and I don't know if the iron's really going to be hotter next year.
You convinced me. Panarin for Stanley straight up :P

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Hooray!

I mean, I'm so sad for Perfetti......
I thought you would be happy

1677016254252.png

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Jet and Stumbledore

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Yeah but why would they use an emergency recall then. I thought you could only use that if a team didn't have 12 healthy forwards which they do.
I think you were right before we will just have to wait till probably tomorrow to get a better idea about his injury from Bones

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah but why would they use an emergency recall then. I thought you could only use that if a team didn't have 12 healthy forwards which they do.
Not sure if anyone else is also hurt, but my understanding is that using emergency recall would be more to protect themselves from losing Axel. You can be on emergency recall for 9 games and then put over on regular recall for 9 games and still not required to pass through waivers on your return to the AHL.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey, you have your fantasies, I have mine.

And he's gorgeous without having to strip naked and bounce around in a swimming pool!

Not that I would object to that, of course....

Just to be clear, I’m glad to see that the Plain Jane threads seem to raise everyone’s spirits irrespective of their heart’s particular desires. Pleasantly egalitarian :)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I think it's the height of hypocrisy to show up in a male-dominated sports forum and then complain about sexism and misogyny. If you want to be childish and horny, better to do it anonymously in here than out in the real world. Besides, most of you do sexism far more politely and tastefully than a lot of other segments of society. Plain Jane is the pinnacle of pulchritudinous restraint.

I can't help recalling a very wise English professor who once told me: "When boys are being childish and horny, they're at their most vulnerable."

Pulchritudinous? Good god, girl, did you swallow a thesaurus or were you born that way?

And people complain that lawyers use too many big words.

Even I have to admit that I needed to look up what that word meant; I've never heard it before now :laugh:

Reactions: AlphaLackey

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Possibly. But isn't that an even better reason to pull the stops out this year, when you've got another year of control on most of your key players? Upgrade on the Maenalanens and Stenlunds and Kuhlmans of the world now, and give it a shot before you have to figure out replacing the Wheelers and Schiefeles and Hellebuycks.

And in the worst case? Look at what the Blues are doing. That's a good team that's been hilariously underperforming, and with the right timing....they're restocking the cupboards fast.

I have to admit that I like what the Blues are doing with some of their players. I think this is a good model for teams that have a harder time attracting free agents.

(Not that I think St. Lois is a city that would be hard to get free agents, but certainly cities like Winnipeg are)

If you add up those numbers you'll get the average IQ of some of the posters on the Canucks' board last spring.

big-bang-theory-sheldon-cooper.gif

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Just to be clear, I’m glad to see that the Plain Jane threads seem to raise everyone’s spirits irrespective of their heart’s particular desires. Pleasantly egalitarian :)
Pleasantly egalitarian? Be careful with such big words.

Some folks in here would prefer we use more diminutive words.

And on that note, time to gird my loins for the BF getting home from work. We had a big fight this morning all because I made a flippant little joke (me? yeah, hard to believe, I know) and he stomped off to the elevator in a foul mood. Unfortunately, he's like those whales that break off in the middle of a song and then return several months later and resume it at the same place.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Not sure if anyone else is also hurt, but my understanding is that using emergency recall would be more to protect themselves from losing Axel. You can be on emergency recall for 9 games and then put over on regular recall for 9 games and still not required to pass through waivers on your return to the AHL.

I think this is it. My guess is that the Jets want Axel on their playoff roster and this callup gives Perfetti some recovery time.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Pleasantly egalitarian? Be careful with such big words.

Some folks in here would prefer we use more diminutive words.

And on that note, time to gird my loins for the BF getting home from work. We had a big fight this morning all because I made a flippant little joke (me? yeah, hard to believe, I know) and he stomped off to the elevator in a foul mood. Unfortunately, he's like those whales that break off in the middle of a song and then return several months later and resume it at the same place.
Well, telling knock knock jokes first thing in the morning always got me yelled at. Except from my daughters who would just sullenly slam doors.

Of course, us terminally-snoopy retired types are curious as to what the joke was. Care to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad