Post-Game Talk: Big Apple 1 Little Chicago 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Pleasantly egalitarian? Be careful with such big words.

Some folks in here would prefer we use more diminutive words.

And on that note, time to gird my loins for the BF getting home from work. We had a big fight this morning all because I made a flippant little joke (me? yeah, hard to believe, I know) and he stomped off to the elevator in a foul mood. Unfortunately, he's like those whales that break off in the middle of a song and then return several months later and resume it at the same place.

As long as @kanadalainen is a resident poster, none of my words are big words :P

And yes, I’ll even say that’s a sign of a healthy relationship where you can pause and resume arguments when needed ;) others may disagree, of course.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Well, telling knock knock jokes first thing in the morning always got me yelled at. Except from my daughters who would just sullenly slam doors.

Of course, us terminally-snoopy retired types are curious as to what the joke was. Care to share?
This is another personal anecdote, off topic and way too long, but I've had over 1,300 likes so somebody doesn't mind putting up with my nonsense. Or the mods can just kill it, I won't mind.

The joke was just a flippant comment. I'd made a great fettuccine last night, with some small chicken slices and thick mushroom gravy and it was delicious. We slurped it down, the BF made various yummy noises, and after the first period we both went back for seconds and polished it off. It was delicious!

This morning, the BF comes out of the shower pinching a bit of flab and says in an accusing tone, "Your cooking is making me fat."

I know what he wanted to hear but I was in the wrong mood so I smiled and patted his tummy and said, "Good, because today is Fat Tuesday". Whammo, in like 10 seconds we had a major fight going. Bit of background: I'm naturally slender. Even though I eat like a pig, I never put on weight. I'm within a kilo of what I weighed 7-8 years ago. The BF, on the other paw, is getting progressively plump in an adorable way and getting very sensitive about it.

It ticks me off to be blamed for his metabolism and eating habits, so I didn't back down. He was still smoldering and pouting when he got home tonight. Silent most of dinner, sullen afterwards, he slumped in front of the TV and refused all my attempts to lighten the mood here. So I did the Bikini Revenge game.

Perhaps your wives or GFs have played this on you, there's all sorts of versions. About an hour ago, I wondered aloud to nobody if my swimsuits still fit (because I never gain weight and he does, dig, dig, dig.) So I went in our bedroom and changed into a bikini and then came out to "model" it and asked him if he thought it still looked okay. A few mumbled growls in return. I went back and came out in a smaller bikini and asked him what he thought, walking between him and the TV. He snapped "It's fine" and stared harder at the screen.

I really have just the two bikinis (because there's SO many suntan opportunities in Winnipeg in winter!) so I changed into a third suit which will never go further than the balcony and wiggled back into our living room. I innocently asked the old cliche, Does this make me look fat?, and the BF leaped to his feet and stomped off to his home office (aka spare bedroom) and slammed the door so hard they heard it five floors away.

Smirking to myself, I went and got dressed and now I'm back at my laptop, where I spend 60% of my life, no longer feeling very clever at all. Sigh. I may have to make do with fantasies of Axel this evening. Worse, I'm starting to think this whole spat is mostly my fault.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is another personal anecdote, off topic and way too long, but I've had over 1,300 likes so somebody doesn't mind putting up with my nonsense. Or the mods can just kill it, I won't mind.

The joke was just a flippant comment. I'd made a great fettuccine last night, with some small chicken slices and thick mushroom gravy and it was delicious. We slurped it down, the BF made various yummy noises, and after the first period we both went back for seconds and polished it off. It was delicious!

This morning, the BF comes out of the shower pinching a bit of flab and says in an accusing tone, "Your cooking is making me fat."

I know what he wanted to hear but I was in the wrong mood so I smiled and patted his tummy and said, "Good, because today is Fat Tuesday". Whammo, in like 10 seconds we had a major fight going. Bit of background: I'm naturally slender. Even though I eat like a pig, I never put on weight. I'm within a kilo of what I weighed 7-8 years ago. The BF, on the other paw, is getting progressively plump in an adorable way and getting very sensitive about it.

It ticks me off to be blamed for his metabolism and eating habits, so I didn't back down. He was still smoldering and pouting when he got home tonight. Silent most of dinner, sullen afterwards, he slumped in front of the TV and refused all my attempts to lighten the mood here. So I did the Bikini Revenge game.

Perhaps your wives or GFs have played this on you, there's all sorts of versions. About an hour ago, I wondered aloud to nobody if my swimsuits still fit (because I never gain weight and he does, dig, dig, dig.) So I went in our bedroom and changed into a bikini and then came out to "model" it and asked him if he thought it still looked okay. A few mumbled growls in return. I went back and came out in a smaller bikini and asked him what he thought, walking between him and the TV. He snapped "It's fine" and stared harder at the screen.

I really have just the two bikinis (because there's SO many suntan opportunities in Winnipeg in winter!) so I changed into a third suit which will never go further than the balcony and wiggled back into our living room. I innocently asked the old cliche, Does this make me look fat?, and the BF leaped to his feet and stomped off to his home office (aka spare bedroom) and slammed the door so hard they heard it five floors away.

Smirking to myself, I went and got dressed and now I'm back at my laptop, where I spend 60% of my life, no longer feeling very clever at all. Sigh. I may have to make do with fantasies of Axel this evening. Worse, I'm starting to think this whole spat is mostly my fault.
You are a unique add to this board and I find your posts very interesting. Saying that I’ve been with my wife closing on 40 years I can’t even remember putting that kind of effort into an “argument”. I do get shit for breeches in cleaning protocols however :laugh:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
You are a unique add to this board and I find your posts very interesting. Saying that I’ve been with my wife closing on 40 years I can’t even remember putting that kind of effort into an “argument”. I do get shit for breeches in cleaning protocols however :laugh:
Yeah, I'm in my 4th decade of marriage too. But this couple isn't married and from what I've gathered reading between the lines they don't expect to be a couple forever. When you're single, you fight differently and put more effort into it. You're out to score points and stick in the sword sometimes. When you're married you realize that you're here for the long haul and you'll have to walk back your worst shit and repair things at some point. Leastways, that's what this old philosopher thinks.

Sure wish I could have been there for the Revenge game though. The girl really lives up to her nickname.

Reactions: KingBogo

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

I think you should buy him a speedo.:laugh:

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
As an outside observer, I'm honestly not sure why you wouldn't go for broke. You have a strong top 6, you have cap space, you have movable assets, you have a Western Conference that looks exceedingly mediocre, and you have a goalie capable of stealing an entire series. IMO, it's either this year or next for you guys, and I don't know if the iron's really going to be hotter next year.
775BB669-FE24-4013-971A-BB300A9BED27.gif

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
OK, sounds like Plain Jane gets to stay, which warms my heart. She's not a sex symbol, she's The Goddess of Much Needed Wins.

Feel free to post topless pics of hunks too. As long as we keep winning, IDGAF

Just so you and others are aware, the variety of, we'll call them bouncing gifs, do not get to stay.

Reactions: Inanna

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Just so you and others are aware, the variety of, we'll call them bouncing gifs, do not get to stay.
I'm OK with that as long as the policy is reviewed pending the need for a game 7 Stanley Cup win

In which case, all "bouncing gifs" (both male and female) - for "good luck" - should be approved posthaste

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad