Waived: Biega waived

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Sucks for guys like Biega who have to just sit and twiddle their thumbs until the AHL season starts. At least the taxi squad guys get structured practices of some kind.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I’m excited about Djoos coming in. I think he’s gonna help especially one of the PP units

Same. While we still look like a bottom of the league team, this season will be fun to see how the new players fit in and change our game. Even if every move doesn’t push us forward, we’re bound to have one or two that do. I think Ryan is that kinda player, maybe even Stetcher. Hoping Djoos can be.

Reactions: golffuul

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Same. While we still look like a bottom of the league team, this season will be fun to see how the new players fit in and change our game. Even if every move doesn’t push us forward, we’re bound to have one or two that do. I think Ryan is that kinda player, maybe even Stetcher. Hoping Djoos can be.

All depends on how we play. Blashill imo has to open things up a little bit more. At least breakout and attack as a unit. Too many players receiving the puck standing still and with no support (it is why we struggle to generate any offense off the rush)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hope to see Djoos play over Staal, haven't liked what I've seen the first two games.
The only good thing I can say about Staal is I've seen him move bodies around our goalie. But that's just something you get from a vet that's 6'4". I'd imagine Djoos is in for him, though.

Reactions: Martinez

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Didn't he just get a multi-year deal?

Edit: He did not. 1 year deal.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I think he’s been our worst player by far. He’s too slow. All he has to offer is that he blocks shots...

Meril isn’t much better though sadly....

Plus he trashed the Wings by saying the words "This is what I signed up for..." :sarcasm:

Reactions: 13to40

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I'm assuming this is just a paper transaction, actually. I expect Biega to remain with the team for now. Presumably, Djoos won't be ready for a week or two, which lines up pretty nicely with the start of the AHL (assuming GR has some kind of camp during the lead-up to the Feb 5 start date), at which point they'll send Biega down, assuming he doesn't get claimed tomorrow, which.... he won't.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think he’s been our worst player by far. He’s too slow. All he has to offer is that he blocks shots...

Meril isn’t much better though sadly....

Not sure what youve been watching. Merrill hasnt been great on the PP (he shouldnt be there to begin with) but hes been solid everywhere else

Reactions: Ezekial

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Y’all need to relax.

We went from Daley, Ericsson, Biega and Bowey to Staal, Stetcher, Merrill.

It still sucks, but it’s considerably better. At least all 3 of the new defensemen make some good hockey IQ plays which is something we’ve desperately lacked.

Like I mentioned last year. Having some competent goaltending is going to make a huge difference for this team once we get it. Greiss and Bernier have looked good in their starts. This IS a better team.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Not sure what youve been watching. Merrill hasnt been great on the PP (he shouldnt be there to begin with) but hes been solid everywhere else

He is noticeably very slow. He looks like he skates with cement blocks on his feet... Asides from his awesome flow, he doesn’t bring a whole lot to the team... he shouldn’t be more than a 5/6 filler. I have no idea why he’s on the PP, does he have a cannon of a shot? Even if so, we have other players more offensively inclined that have big shots that could take his spot.

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
what im noticing about yzerman adds over holland adds is a higher hockey iq theme . no more smith , kfq , kindl , bowey , etc fumbling the puck in our end . and despite many fans criticism of stahl he looks to be very good handling puck our end . same with stretch and merril . and same with the forwards like fabs and ryan , theres an improved level of thinking which is vital for any success in the fast moving nhl

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Y’all need to relax.

It still sucks, but it’s considerably better. At least all 3 of the new defensemen make some good hockey IQ plays which is something we’ve desperately lacked.

Like I mentioned last year. Having some competent goaltending is going to make a huge difference for this team once we get it. Greiss and Bernier have looked good in their starts. This IS a better team.
Definitely, I think the Hawks are worse off for the season solely due to having a Subban/Delia tandem. Hopefully this time we jump them.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Definitely, I think the Hawks are worse off for the season solely due to having a Subban/Delia tandem. Hopefully this time we jump them.
Their D are markedly worse than ours. The corpse of Keith & a high mileage DeHaan. Zadorov is ok. Boqvist (unproven/concussions) etc.

I love looking at CHI capfriendly page & seeing Seabrook on there for eternity @ $6.875m, 4 more years. :laugh: :naughty::nod:
Keith, 3 more years @ $5.538m, also :D:popcorn:

Watch them try to grab Aaron Dell on waivers.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He is noticeably very slow. He looks like he skates with cement blocks on his feet... Asides from his awesome flow, he doesn’t bring a whole lot to the team... he shouldn’t be more than a 5/6 filler. I have no idea why he’s on the PP, does he have a cannon of a shot? Even if so, we have other players more offensively inclined that have big shots that could take his spot.

I think he could play a a bottom pairing dman on any team in the league, dont think hes filler. And I dont think hes fast but I dont think he stands out as slow. He plays good positionally/defensively and makes a lot of safe plays and has been outletting the puck pretty decently

Shouldnt be on the PP but compared to last year hes night and day

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Y’all need to relax.

You saying those guys are better doesn't make them better.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I think he could play a a bottom pairing dman on any team in the league, dont think hes filler. And I dont think hes fast but I dont think he stands out as slow. He plays good positionally/defensively and makes a lot of safe plays and has been outletting the puck pretty decently

Shouldnt be on the PP but compared to last year hes night and day

Yep, Merrill's been good. Nothing flashy, but a solid vet on the backend. Plays hard and effective. A "stabilizing force," as the cliche goes.

Could be a good partner for Djoos if Djoos is truly in Detroit's plans (seems like he probably is), but either way I expect Merrill to play every game this season as long as he's healthy.

Reactions: newfy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad