Larry Brooks: Beuke new Assistant Coach of NYR

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Congrat to Beukeboom

I'd like to see them either move away from man to man, or at least modify it to not chase behind their own net as often.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Great for McIrath and the younger D coming up. Maybe bad for the young D expected to stay in or just coming into Hartford.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Welcome back Beuke! Great to see former respected players come back in leadership roles. It builds the brand and a club mentality continuity.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Not sure how I feel abt a stay at home defender preaching the finer points of puck movement and mobility

Well, to be fair, another way to look at it is that he had a front row seat to see how one of the greatest of all time did it.

Also, reports on the work he's done in HFD with guys like McIlrath, Graves and Bodie are fantastic, so...

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Not sure how I feel abt a stay at home defender preaching the finer points of puck movement and mobility

I'll never understand this line of thinking. As if he's incapable of learning things as a coach other than what his play style was like 25 years ago.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Congrat to Beukeboom

I'd like to see them either move away from man to man, or at least modify it to not chase behind their own net as often.

Yeah, preventing chances by the opposition is what it's all about (mostly I mean you will always get beat but stop beating yourself). Thats' me being captain obvious :) Smart coaches know that the goal is to meld that with quick and efficient exits. Obviously, it is easier to describe than to do, but the style of play that McIlrath and Skjei show they understand is encouraging, and it came from somewhere.
I agree about the man to man. There are way too many preventable goals against. That can be fixed.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Can't complain about this move, kinda expected since Ulf was released though. Hopefully this means the whole McIlrath thing takes the right route from here.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Well, to be fair, another way to look at it is that he had a front row seat to see how one of the greatest of all time did it.

Also, reports on the work he's done in HFD with guys like McIlrath, Graves and Bodie are fantastic, so...

they say those who can't do, teach.

I'm happy with the move considering how well McIlrath has grown those particular facets of the game under Beuk. Graves and Skjei have familiarity too. Hopefully he can teach McDonagh how to protect himself in the corners, we could use a healthy season from him.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Can't complain about this move, kinda expected since Ulf was released though. Hopefully this means the whole McIlrath thing takes the right route from here.

Did Ulf wanted to leave or was it The Rangers who wanted him out. In either ways, why?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Why did they take a month to promote Boooook?

Who made this decision? Gorton or AV?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well, our defense last season was a mess, and our pk almost worst in the league - they had do some adjustments for sure.
I am positive about some of the new signings as well concerning that topic.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He's a good coach. Did some very good things in HFD.

If you were impressed by Skjei and McIlrath, Buek was responsible for the backend in the AHL.

I loved the guy back in the day and hope he brings a level of meritocracy to the defense.

Guys need to show up. Take their craft seriously. And be themselves more.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers need to replace Beukeboom for the AHL team. They had have three former NHL D in the AHL as assistant coaches working with the D. Ulf Samuelsson. JJ Daigneault. Beukeboom. All of them have done good work with the Rangers young D starting with Girardi and Staal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad