Better forward group: Tampa, Toronto or Other?

Better forward group

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Matthews > Stamkos easily. Matthews was 1st in Goals per game at even strength; 2nd in D/Game. Only Bergeron is a better defensive player in the entire NHL. Matthews is a future rocket richard and selke winnner. His defensive analytics is eye popping.

I can really give an answer; but I really want to say Toronto because there big 4. Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 2.01.21 AM.png

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I find Marner rather overrated around these parts, he’s really just a guy who’s stats were inflated by a hot run on the PP. Gourde was a legitimately elite 5v5 scorer this season though he did shoot super high percentage, but even when his percentages regress he’s a well above average 5v5 scorer who is also a play driver and defensive difference maker.
Congrats, you just contradicted your whole statement in a couple words.

Gourde = Marner isn't a hot take, its a dumb one.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Take Hyman off the first line and see what happens:

Miller>Kadri, Stamkos>Matthews, Kucherov>Marner,
Palat>Marleau, Tavares>Point, Gourde>Nylander,
Killorn>Hyman, Cirelli>Kapanen, Tyler>Andreas Johnson

Not close.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
As a leaf fan, wpg should DEFINITELY be an option. I'll be honest, I wouldn't switch our forwards for anyone elses but having said that wpg and tampa fans probably wouldn't either. It's close all around and I give the slightest of edges to the leafs because of their superior C depth.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Miller>>Marleau - Stamkos<Matthews - Kucherov >>>>>Nylander (no hate on Willy tho, Kuch is just a superstar)
Palat>>>>>Hyman - Point<Tavares - Marner=Gourde (hot take)
Killorn>>>Johnsson - Cirelli<<<<<Kadri - Johnson>>Brown
Erne<<Leivo - Paquette>>X - Callahan<<<Kapanen

Prob tampa

It's Tampa either way, but gotta take you up on a couple of these. If you're saying the Nylander-Kucherov assesment is accurate, you don't have enough arrows between Tavares-Point. Gourde-Marner is laughable

Reactions: Garthinater

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I mean the anti Leaf will say Tampa but 3 30 goal centers says it's Toronto
Sad that it's this way and it won't be changing anytime soon.
Very close, IMO.
Took the Leafs since Matthews and Marner will prove to be the best two players from the group.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Have to go with TB for now at least, since they had 20 more goals last year. although I think a good chunk of that was their defense was better offensively. Going forward I'd prefer the Leafs though. Teams like Winnipeg, Pittsburgh, and Washington are also very close here

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Matthews > Stamkos easily. Matthews was 1st in Goals per game at even strength; 2nd in D/Game. Only Bergeron is a better defensive player in the entire NHL. Matthews is a future rocket richard and selke winnner. His defensive analytics is eye popping.

I can really give an answer; but I really want to say Toronto because there big 4. Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander
Matthews is not the second best defensive player in the NHL, lmao. he's a better player than Stamkos though

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Congrats, you just contradicted your whole statement in a couple words.

Gourde = Marner isn't a hot take, its a dumb one.
Idk, Gourde had a significantly higher Es scoring rate and was much less sheltered (identical QoC but Gourde had much higher d zone start percentage and much lower QoT). Most of their underlying numbers were pretty similar despite the major difference in deployment.

Reactions: dukeofjive

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Lets Toronto win at least 1 postseason series. And probably then we will think - is it possible talk about them in one topic with Tampa

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad