Best superhero movies - FINALE (and extras)

Select the winner of each matchups

• Total voters

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
My top 5 in order :
Spiderman 2
GOTG
Superman 2
The Joker
Hellboy

These polls were great for making me feel special as I picked losers on most of the matchups.

Sep 19, 2008
Having finished Infinity War for the 3rd time yesterday I believe it is one of the best superhero movies of all time

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
My top 5 in order :
Spiderman 2
GOTG
Superman 2
The Joker
Hellboy

These polls were great for making me feel special as I picked losers on most of the matchups.

Not quite for me 'cause I think the Nolan films are superior to most, but otherwise it was pretty much the same. My top-5 would probably look like this:

Birdman
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Black Panther
Joker

With stuff like The Crow, Watchmen, and some of the Netflix series ending up quite high.

Having finished Infinity War for the 3rd time yesterday I believe it is one of the best superhero movies of all time

The result here against Thor indicates that it would have ended up second behind TDK had we done proper top-films polls.

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Seems strange to call Birdman a superhero movie. I missed out on earlier editions of these polls, were movies like Super, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, and Unbreakable also included? I would have a much easier time putting them in.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Seems strange to call Birdman a superhero movie. I missed out on earlier editions of these polls, were movies like Super, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, and Unbreakable also included? I would have a much easier time putting them in.

Unbreakable was - and there was spots opened for missing entries. Nobody proposes Super nor Pilgrim. American Hero is another one I think ended up better than a lot of "real" superhero movies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I don't think any upcoming superhero movie will ever tear the Dark Knight out of the top spot. It was just so well done. I liked the darkness of it and Heath created arguably the most memorable Joker of all time.

if the poll was open to streaming series as well then I would have The Boys in the #2 spot over all the other Marvel/DC offerings.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think any upcoming superhero movie will ever tear the Dark Knight out of the top spot. It was just so well done. I liked the darkness of it and Heath created arguably the most memorable Joker of all time.

if the poll was open to streaming series as well then I would have The Boys in the #2 spot over all the other Marvel/DC offerings.

It was, but nobody suggested The Boys to be put in. Didn't think about it, but yeah, it should have been there and it's a lot of fun.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Trying to ground Batman in reality hurts TDK. It hasn't held up over the years. It's a generic crime drama with a coat of Batman paint that would've been forgotten otherwise. Ledger's death helped elevate a pretty tame/underwhelming interpretation of the Joker, and the movie itself, into overrated/god status. His performance has been surpassed by Joaquin Phoenix and TDK by Infinity War.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Trying to ground Batman in reality hurts TDK. It hasn't held up over the years. It's a generic crime drama with a coat of Batman paint that would've been forgotten otherwise. Ledger's death helped elevate a pretty tame/underwhelming interpretation of the Joker, and the movie itself, into overrated/god status. His performance has been surpassed by Joaquin Phoenix and TDK by Infinity War.

I disagree with just about everything in this post, lol. But that's part of what makes movie discussions so fun and interesting.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad