Maple Leafs hire Craig Berube as head coach

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Remember when Keefe had to apologize for daring to question the almighty core 4?

lol.

They’re gonna get bitched out and no apology will be forthcoming.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
[/QUOTE]
Scouting 'new' talent while you're team is still slugging it out in the first round? Are Leafers really past the point of no return here? This is almost like cheering a 'Tavaras' level player captain
The Leafs were not tampering because Berube was not employed. I didn't think it was so hard to follow why your point didn't make sense.

Talking to a free agent is tampering now?
This 22is the 'Tavaras' level of coaching hirings.

It was a 'surprise' to anyone ignorant of 'the lay of the land'. Anyone who was paying attention knew what was comming. Congrats on 41

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Scouting 'new' talent while you're team is still slugging it out in the first round? Are Leafers really past the point of no return here? This is almost like cheering a 'Tavaras' level player captain
This 22is the 'Tavaras' level of coaching hirings.

It was a 'surprise' to anyone ignorant of 'the lay of the land'. Anyone who was paying attention knew what was comming. Congrats on 41

Where's your proof that they were scouting a free agent coach while playing hockey? I guarantee you if Sheldon Keefe won the Stanley Cup they wouldn't fire him for Berube.

You keep making up things to argue about tampering which makes no sense because what you made up isn't even tampering if it was true.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
This is a great move by the Leafs......the best move they have made in some time.....

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Maybe they can win more than 1 round every 20 years now....ok that's pushing it.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Where's your proof that they were scouting a free agent coach while playing hockey? I guarantee you if Sheldon Keefe won the Stanley Cup they wouldn't fire him for Berube.

You keep making up things to argue about tampering which makes no sense because what you made up isn't even tampering if it was true.
How did the Treliving/Dubas swap occur? Just by chance, right? People love to harp on the 'coaches carousel' but very few dare to swim in the 'waters above'.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
How did the Treliving/Dubas swap occur? Just by chance, right? People love to harp on the 'coaches carousel' but very few dare to swim in the 'waters above'.

Okay bud. You can keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.

The Leafs fired Dubas and hired Treliving. The Leafs fired Keefe and hired Berube. It’s not that complicated.

Reactions: joestevens29

Richardbro

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
This is akin to installing a new water well because your septic tank/field collapsed.
Enjoy the continued shit problems.

Someone is still salty Berube denied the Bruins a cup.

And last I checked, Bruins have shit problems maybe even worse than the Leafs in the next 5 years with that prospect pool, aging core and continued chocking.

Reactions: Lilou

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
And your "team" was obviously scouting coaches (making handshake agreements) long before their season was over. With the current coach (Keefe) dangling from a hook, fighting for his life oblivious to the fact the guy providing some milquetoast commentary on some ESPN satellite was already earmarked for the position. Why did the Sens/other teams spend time and money to interview Berube? Why did Keefe look so defeated before the series even began?

It's just an odd situation all around.
Berube was a free agent. He could talk to any team he wanted about any position.

He’s going to make Marner cry.
Why would he do that?

Not the worst choice for them but i would have picked better one.

Now get rid of Matthews and there's hope for you.
If a team comes up with an excellent offer and Matthews is willing to waive, why not?

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Okay bud. You can keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.

The Leafs fired Dubas and hired Treliving. The Leafs fired Keefe and hired Berube. It’s not that complicated.
Screenshot-20240517-232650-Chrome.jpg

Nothing to see here :oops:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
hopefully JT waives so we can dump him but if he doesn't at least i'll get to watch Berube give him a hard smack upside the head the first interview he does when he starts mumbling cliches in his monotone voice and that stunned look on his face

Last edited:

Gorskyontario

Feb 18, 2024
I guess Berube wants to be respected more in the handshake line, at the end of the first round.

Someone is still salty Berube denied the Bruins a cup.

And last I checked, Bruins have shit problems maybe even worse than the Leafs in the next 5 years with that prospect pool, aging core and continued chocking.

Dude at least the Bruins, and Blues for that matter have won more then 1 playoff round in 2 decades. The only thing Toronto has over them is respect in the handshake line.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I guess Berube wants to be respected more in the handshake line, at the end of the first round.

Dude at least the Bruins, and Blues for that matter have won more then 1 playoff round in 2 decades. The only thing Toronto has over them is respect in the handshake line.
He got respect in the handshake line on the way to his Cup with the Blues.

Jocke1

Mar 31, 2022
I just realised Berube is part of a very special club. It's only him in it 😏

The 3000/300 club.

3,360 PIMs as a player and 308 wins as a head coach
(NHL regular season + playoffs combined)

Rick Tocchet will most likely join this club next season, he only needs 41 more wins.

Reactions: Marshall

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
His head will explode with the star's lack of drive. He will last one year, Babcock was the only smart one in that organization.

Reactions: BB79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad