Value of: Best offer for those players from Montréal

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Evans ain't going anywhere
Montréal ain't in charity business, they are in the assets management business

Starting point for either of them would be a 1st, it's obvious that it will be a late 1st tho, since this is more adressed to playoffs teams with shitty or suspicious goaltending
Are you suggesting Evans is worth a 1st?? Oh my lord.

Colorado would be a team interested to acquire one of them, without a doubt
Teams aren't going to offer much for a 24 year old with who's had 1 good month.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Are you suggesting Evans is worth a 1st?? Oh my lord.

Teams aren't going to offer much for a 24 year old with who's had 1 good month.

I'm suggesting that you didn't read what I wrote
What I wrote is that either Monty or Primeau are going for a 1st ALONE, Evans not included

I think they might, and that's the point of the thread

Why has Monty only played 35 games, injured?

At the beginning of the season the Habs rolled with three goaltenders

He wasn't injured or anything
Now he's currently splitting time with Primeau

Reactions: Czechboy

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Barron has to be the most hated player on this board......

not just because he's completely mediocre but no one wants to trade for him and Habs fans just KEEP trying to trade him. It's uncanny.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What I wrote is that either Monty or Primeau are going for a 1st ALONE, Evans not included

So 27, not a starter and sub .900 in 140 NHL games?

I admit I haven't followed the Habs at all this season but I swear I kept reading how he's elite this season.. my stat watching is now showing it.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Barron has to be the most hated player on this board......

not just because he's completely mediocre but no one wants to trade for him and Habs fans just KEEP trying to trade him. It's uncanny.

He ain't hated or anything

I'm the dude who made the first Barron thread lol, and since Colorado fans coudn't help themselves and got there to troll about the Lekhonen trade, I tried to remake one

He ain't hated, it's just that we have simply way too much defensemen prospects, some of them are straight up better than him (Reinbacher/Mailloux) and some in direct competition with him (Struble/Harris)

It's just assets management, nothing more

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
So 27, not a starter and sub .900 in 140 NHL games?

I admit I haven't followed the Habs at all this season but I swear I kept reading how he's elite this season.. my stat watching is now showing it.

He's the starter since last year and has to this point two seasons above .900 while also playing on a dogshit team

Our #1 dmen is currently Mike Matheson, if this information can help you to put everything into context

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

You could convince someone of Montembault maybe. He's had 2 good years now and has a reasonable contract. I'm saying I would want a sweetener like a 3rd or Evans to make that move.

Primeau, not a chance. He's a 24 year old fringe AHL/NHL tweener who's had a good month.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He ain't hated or anything

I'm the dude who made the first Barron thread lol, and since Colorado fans coudn't help themselves and got there to troll about the Lekhonen trade, I tried to remake one

He ain't hated, it's just that we have simply way too much defensemen prospects, some of them are straight up better than him (Reinbacher/Mailloux) and some in direct competition with him (Struble/Harris)

It's just assets management, nothing more

wow. Really?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
wow. Really?

Yes, really!
I tried to be constructive about it, but it turned fast into a clusterf***

You could convince someone of Montembault maybe. He's had 2 good years now and has a reasonable contract. I'm saying I would want a sweetener like a 3rd or Evans to make that move.

Primeau, not a chance. He's a 24 year old fringe AHL/NHL tweener who's had a good month.

I get it, thanks for the reply

I wouldn't do a sweetener tho, unless I have a solid reason to trade Monty (like, Dobes or Fowler burned their leagues and are somehow ready to make the jump in the NHL, for exemple, but I don't see it happening)

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Yes, really!
I tried to be constructive about it, but it turned fast into a clusterf***

I get it, thanks for the reply

I wouldn't do a sweetener tho, unless I have a solid reason to trade Monty (like, Dobes or Fowler burned their leagues and are somehow ready to make the jump in the NHL, for exemple, but I don't see it happening)
Primeau could turn into something that becomes worth a 1st, but the sample size and proven success or reputation just isn't there at this point in time. Basically every organization has a guy who they view as = or better than primeau going forward

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
wow. Really?
No, I'd made one a month before him, when Barron started to falter. I thought he'd recover, though, but i started to doubt his future at that point. Montreal does have 2 hugh profile RD prospects so it's easy to imagine moving on from Barron.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Harris is one teams should try and get out of Montreal. He's underrated. No chance they moving Guhle or Wifi. Dobes also, he's going to be good goalie. Habs are deep in goalie prospects probably move one in package top 6 forward.

Those that remember me know I said last fall to get Monahan. He was on pace for 55 points playing with Anderson and Gallagher. Around 57% on faceoffs on dirt cheap contract. It's a steal. Same as Allen. I said he's having solid year playing behind Montreal rookie defense. A third for him is a steal. No team would bite.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
His contract is questionable. He's a serviceable goalie and that contract is fine for a rebuilding team like Montreal but no contender is betting a 1st on him at that price
Not worried at this point. Yah gotta admit he has progressed and may not be done yet.As far as being a goalie of contender status let's wait till he is in a position to be tested for it before making a decision.So much rush to say someone sucks

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Next season will be a true test for Primeau and Monty. I think Primeau takes over the 1 spot next year.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
:laugh: Well good luck finding someone to start that conversation with.
that's another way to say: not available if not for a huge overpay

funny just that he opened the thread, as if he was interested to learn how other value those players

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He's the starter since last year and has to this point two seasons above .900 while also playing on a dogshit team

Our #1 dmen is currently Mike Matheson, if this information can help you to put everything into context
who also would get back a 1st round pick + in a trade :teach2:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Never said he was worth a 1st but he's proven to be better than a high end backup. He's a legit starter.
It's kind of silly to call a guy who has never played more than 40 games in a season and has a sub .900 save percentage a legit starter. Legit starters play 50+ games and have .910+ save percentages. He's 28 to start next season, it's not like this is a 23 year old goalie.

Ledge And Dairy

Not worried at this point. Yah gotta admit he has progressed and may not be done yet.As far as being a goalie of contender status let's wait till he is in a position to be tested for it before making a decision.So much rush to say someone sucks
I didn't say he sucks, I said he's an expensive backup. I think his contract is fine for a rebuilding Habs team, but I don't see anyone trading anything of value for him either

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Primeau/Montembeault are their tandem for the next 2-3 years with Fowler potentially joining Laval after next season, I mean I guess if someone offered a 1st for Primeau they'd jump at that but obviously nobody will.

Barron makes more sense in a package to get a forward or a prospect swap. I don't know if teams are giving up a 2nd for him outright at this point

Armia I think starts the year with the team, he's honestly played well this year and if he does it again next year he's a guy teams could acquire without retention at the deadline and would definitely be of interest to a playoff team looking to add depth

Strange to leave off Harris and Savard when imo those are the two most likely pieces to move

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'd pay a late 1st for Montembault if they threw in Evans or a similar value asset

We have a deal. :thumbu:

Evans ain't going anywhere
Montréal ain't in charity business, they are in the assets management business

Starting point for either of them would be a 1st, it's obvious that it will be a late 1st tho, since this is more adressed to playoffs teams with shitty or suspicious goaltending

If Chicago sells him Mrazek, the other teams can go for him, IDGAF, this thread isn't about him

Is that your attempt to turn into the Bernmeister of Montréal ?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Barron is 6 months away from being free on waivers

Nobody is spending a 1st on goalies of that caliber, especially with Monty's questionable extension.

Armia at 50% might net you a 3rd at most, for someone who's his size you sould want at least triple the physicality he provides
Huh? He's getting paid good backup/secondary platoon goalie money and feels like he's pretty comfortably in the top 20 goalies after the last two seasons. He and Primeau have straight up stolen like 8-10 games between them this year or Montreal would be snugly in the bottom 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad