Best Glove Hand Ever

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Bill Durnan

Ok. So he basically just played the angles L/R shooter & deflected it with whatever he could get on the puck, preferably into the corners, straight down so he could pounce on it, or heck; over the caging & into the stands so long as it didnt wind up in the net huh?. :laugh:

Bill Durnan:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/d/durnabi01.html

at 6', 190 lbs, was bigger than most goalies from his era, except for a young Harry Lumley.. Caught right. Comes down to how do you play a LHS coming from the left wing.If reasonably ambidextrous ......

luffis

Dec 30, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Im not going to say ive seen enough of the best goalies to make judgement but i do remember back in the day i saw this dude make some sick glove saves. His name was Daren Puppa (if my memory serves me right).

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Im not going to say ive seen enough of the best goalies to make judgement but i do remember back in the day i saw this dude make some sick glove saves. His name was Daren Puppa (if my memory serves me right).

Ya, he had one good run with Tampa in 95-96, their first playoff appearance, due largely to his goaltending. Unfortunately, back troubles limited his playing time to less than a dozen games the following year, and within 4 yrs he was forced to retire. Big guy too; about 6'3-4". Originally drafted by the Leafs, played little in Toronto.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
My immediate gut reaction is Grant Fuhr.

Runner-up is Bill Ranford. Although I always suspected he got more credit for his glove than he deserved because they were always so spectacular owing to his stance where he kept his glove down around his knees:

ranford_oilers_action_left.jpg

Hence the big wind-up/follow-through windmill motion on his glove saves. They sure did look sweet though :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad