Best Fighter/Enforcer in the league??

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
This is ridiculous. And that's coming from a Bordeleau fan. The guy has a grand total of 5career NHL fights. He hasn't even fought a true heavyweight at the NHL level. I'm not saying Orr is the best fighter but to suggest Bordeleau is , is crazy. Maybe in a couple of seasons when he has at least 25+ fights under his belt and when he's fought against some tougher opponents than the likes of Boll, Bissonette, Staubitz and Rupp.. But until then, the case remains to be seen. I look forward to seeing him take on some true contenders in this department such as Orr, McLaren, Scott and Parros.

Orr >> Bordeleau

Bordeleau = unproven

He has fought plenty of legit heavyweights/super-heavyweights in the AHL. I am not suggesting that Patrick Bordeleau is the best fighter in the NHL, I am suggesting that he is currently a better fighter than Colton Orr.

Brian McGrattan is my vote, but the best fighter right now is currently in the AHL.

Milan the God*

Lol Leaf fans. Orr lost to Neil - deal with it. Just because he didn't open the fight right up and let Orr land huge bombs doesn't make it any less of a win.

A little insecure about Orr, are we?

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Lol Leaf fans. Orr lost to Neil - deal with it. Just because he didn't open the fight right up and let Orr land huge bombs doesn't make it any less of a win.

A little insecure about Orr, are we?

I'm not sure if you're referring to me but I never stated that Orr won. In fact , it's quite obvious Neil got the decision on that one. However, one fight means nothing. People jump pretty quick to bash Orr, that usually happens to people that are atop.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I think Neil will show him the respect to give him a rematch and we'll be seeing Kassian faceoff with McLaren. Should be a good game , looking forward to it..

Show him the respect? Neil doesn't owe Orr anything, Kassian is the heavyweight on the team, not Neil. Not a chance Neil gives him a rematch next game, no need. He already beat him last time around, no need to step out of his weight class a third time when Kassian can handle him fine.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seeing that fight in the AHL where PB beat COlton Orr (close though), combined with his undefeated record in the NHL I might actually lean towards him as having the belt now.

Orr has 2 losses.

Mcgratton isnt active

Big Mac is in the AHL.

PB is the champ, but its close

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
Chris Neil is a good survivor. He held on to Orr for dear life and threw nothing with any force:help:. You're right, Neil won't want to give Orr a rematch, but he may not have choice on Saturday.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Bordy and McGratton w/ fight tonight neither backed down but McG busted up good.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
Seeing that fight in the AHL where PB beat COlton Orr (close though), combined with his undefeated record in the NHL I might actually lean towards him as having the belt now.

Orr has 2 losses.

Mcgratton isnt active

Big Mac is in the AHL.

PB is the champ, but its close

Im not taking anything away from PB, but when PB faught orr in the ahl, that was when orr was in his dark days, still recovering from a concussion, not confident because he just recently got sent down from the nhl and was overweight and did not have the stamina he has now. Orr completely changed his body type in the offseason and has all the confidence in the world now, sure he has 2 loses, but he has 10 fighting majors in and eastern conference where there is way harder competition. If you look at orr's fights alot of them go well past a minute and he continues to throw punches that are hurting his opponent. Sure PB is undeafteaed but im pretty sure hes only got 5-6 fights this year against guys who arnt that tough in the west. He had a good fight against rupp and a great fight tonight against one of the tougher guys in the league in Brian Mcgratton, ultimalty i think Mcgratton connected on more of his punches but it was still an outstanding showing from PB. But as for PB the toughest guy in the league, i think you need to hold off on that, Orr has been doing it longer and still has a better resume then PB. PB is young and an up and commer and next year or the year after that if he keeps racking up wins against tough customers then yes he will be seen as the best in my opinion. Right now id slot him in anywhere from 3-6 in the league.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
Why doesnt the evidence point towards Bourdeleau who is undefeated this year and also has at least one win against Bollig from the AHL this season?

because orr has 10 fighting majors (scott, englennd, rupp, thornton, thornburn x2, westgarth to name a few) were PB only had 6 fighting majors against weaker opponents besides rupp and Mcgratton. If PB is a super heavy weight like everyone is saying he is (and for the record i do believe he is to), he shouldnt be wasteing his time with light heavies like jarod boll, brad stabutiz and biz nasty

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
because orr has 10 fighting majors (scott, englennd, rupp, thornton, thornburn x2, westgarth to name a few) were PB only had 6 fighting majors against weaker opponents besides rupp and Mcgratton. If PB is a super heavy weight like everyone is saying he is (and for the record i do believe he is to), he shouldnt be wasteing his time with light heavies like jarod boll, brad stabutiz and biz nasty

You do know that he's a rookie NHL fighter, right? He's been fighting bigger guys as of late.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

PB is a rookie in the west. It's kinda hard for him to fight the same guys as orr when he doesn't play against them. He's taken on on Mcgratton and Rupp. Doesn't get much tougher than that for the teams he's playing.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Thorburn is no more a legit heavyweight than someone like Biznasty. I agree on the earlier part about Orr maybe a bit out of shape but its all speculation really. Orr fought Thorburn twice, lost to Neil and one of his fighting majors was him jumping Kaleta. I would consider 4 of Orrs 10 fights against light heavyweights and none against someone as tough as Mcgratton (although Scott is no small task)

McGratton is tougher than anyone Orr has fought all year and Bordeleau went toe to toe with him

Last edited:

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Chris Neil is a good survivor. He held on to Orr for dear life and threw nothing with any force:help:. You're right, Neil won't want to give Orr a rematch, but he may not have choice on Saturday.

Hard to hold on for dear life when you're using your hand to punch Orr in the face, get the facts straight. The punch count was like 15 to 2.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC

What? Did you seriously just discredit Boll, Staubitz and Biznasty, only to cite Rupp and Thorburn? Rupp and Thorburn are jokes.

Kevin Westgarth now has clear wins over Orr and McLaren this year, unreal. :yo: Bloodied McLaren, guess Orr doesn't regret letting McLaren try his luck. :laugh: Is Fraser next to try?

Milan the God*

The edge goes to Bordeleau.

He's an insane fighter. Great reach being 6'6, can take and throw. Orr is a solid #2, but he had a noticeable loss to Westgarth and is also 0/2 against the Sens this year. One of them being against Chris Neil.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

I was actually starting to wonder if anyone saw the same fight I did?

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
It is pretty mind-boggling, but I can see where they are coming from too. Neil has been a thorn in their sides for years, intimidating them and dropping them like flies with his hits. Schenn was his punching bag for a while, and in numerous fights Tie Domi couldn't do anything to him. He even has a winning record against Belak and .500 against Orr, they've really never had an answer for him. Tucker was only willing to accept one of Neil's many challenges when Neil was sitting on the bench. :laugh:

So you can see where they are coming from really, but it gets to the point where the line between reality and fantasy can get a little blurry it seems.

To be fair, I think Domi is 4-1 against Neil. Perrot beat him pretty cleanly at least once and I don't think he beat Corson as a Leaf in 2 attempts.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Neil IMO. He'll fight anyone and he's never really been dominated. He always puts up a fight and has had his share of wins against the true heavyweights in the league...guys much bigger than he is.

Because he holds on for dear life.... one of the most annoying fighters to watch imo is Chris Neil, 99% of his fights if the other person gets lose from Neil's death grasp feed him a pretty steady diet of punches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad