Best Fighter/Enforcer in the league??

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Neil held on in desperation? :laugh: Was this before Orr threw those 10 rights that knocked Neil out? Honestly, your description of the fight proves either that you did not see the fight, or that you're a massive homer. The guy you quoted isn't even a Sens fan or Leafs fan. :laugh:

You don't win fights by holding on in desperation, as Orr found out against neil.

A loss is a loss, and Orr certainly lost to Neil. Only people arguing that are the most biased of Leafs fans. The Westgarth fight was closer than the Neil one. :laugh:
He was holding onto his ear strap ffs... say what you will but that is holding on for dear life if you're so scared of getting caught that you resort to grabbing onto a piece of the opponents helmet

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Are you seriously trying to make a case that Orr is not the top dog because of his loss to Neil and Westgarth?

Where on earth did I even remotely imply that? How on earth did you get that from my post? If you had read the posts I quoted, you would see that I was correcting Leafs fans who were incorrectly saying Colton Orr is undefeated this season. For some reason, it was mistakenly said numerous times when he has 2 clear losses this season.

Orr isn't the top dog simply because there isn't an undisputed top dog currently. A number of guys you can make a case for.

The continuous downplaying of his clear loss to Neil does nothing but hurt your credibility, it was clear as day. These stories of Neil holding on for dear life are really quite humorous for neutral observers who saw Neil handle Orr.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Are you seriously trying to make a case that Orr is not the top dog because of his loss to Neil and Westgarth? Neil hung on for dear life; do you want to see what happens when Neil actually lets Orr fight?

And is this the loss you are talking about against Westgarth?

Wow, and you're calling me out for a hyberbole? It was a draw.

All Neil did in his "win" was bear hug Orr and throw a couple minor shots in tight. Nobody is saying hes the undisputed champ, show me that post. So Orr has 1 loss this season, and a draw, what a hyperbole!

"Lol no need to get defensive... Bringing up fights from 2 or 3 years ago to offset a fight 2 months ago doesn't do much for you."

edited it a bit but :laugh: :laugh:

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I have to agree with you. lol.

Neil won that fight by throwing punches while Orr held on and did nothing.

I have no issue with saying either Orr or McLaren are the top Heavyweight at the moment but to be so homerish in regards to Neil clearly out throwing and beating Orr is mind boggeling.

It is pretty mind-boggling, but I can see where they are coming from too. Neil has been a thorn in their sides for years, intimidating them and dropping them like flies with his hits. Schenn was his punching bag for a while, and in numerous fights Tie Domi couldn't do anything to him. He even has a winning record against Belak and .500 against Orr, they've really never had an answer for him. Tucker was only willing to accept one of Neil's many challenges when Neil was sitting on the bench. :laugh:

So you can see where they are coming from really, but it gets to the point where the line between reality and fantasy can get a little blurry it seems.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Orr's "loss" to Neil was Neil hanging on the entire fight. I'd hardly call that a deciding factor. The problem with this year is the fact they there is no interconference play this year so we miss out on a lot of match ups

See this is where I have a problem with leaf fans as well. Neil "held on the entire fight" but yet he threw about 15 punches compared to Orrs 3 in that fight. Neil had Orr tied up but Neil was still active. If Orr cant get active there and takes some punches its a loss for him which it was. As for a bad fight it wasnt great but wasnt terrible. Not every single fighter has to fight with Orrs style like some leaf fans seem to think to be considered a good fighter. That style has Orr one concussion away from his career being done and had him spend a year in the AHL

Are you seriously trying to make a case that Orr is not the top dog because of his loss to Neil and Westgarth? Neil hung on for dear life; do you want to see what happens when Neil actually lets Orr fight?

Neil didnt hold on for dear life. That fight was boring to you because Orr is a one dimensional fighter, Neil threw about 15 punches but Orr couldnt get loose. Orrs a one trick pony in that sense and if guys tie up that arm and dont let him get free hes going to lose fights like he did in that one.

No fighter should play into the other fighters strength. Its like saying a guy who tied up Joey Kocur should have let Kocur swing away as much as he wanted and try to have a KO competition with him.

Like I said Orr is in the mix with 2 others for top dog right now but no one is for sure the #1 guy. No matter how you try to swing it Orr has losses to Westgarth and Neil this year.

Oct 10, 2010
It's amazing that some leafs fan can't accept that Orr lost to Neil this year.

Stop crying already!

No doubt Orr will want revenge with Neil, but lucky for us, he doesn't have to take those fights with Kassian here as he's been pretty valuable on the ice.

Last edited:

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies

Stop crying already!

No doubt Orr will want revenge with Neil, but lucky for us, he doesn't have to take those fights with Kassian here as he's been pretty valuable on the ice.

Calm down buddy. This thread is talking about the best fighter in the league; which all evidence still points to Orr. A draw with Westgarth; or a fight where Neil got some minor punches in and clutched on for dear life, do not diminish that.

There is no need to get angry over it.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Calm down buddy. This thread is talking about the best fighter in the league; which all evidence still points to Orr. A draw with Westgarth; or a fight where Neil got some minor punches in and clutched on for dear life, do not diminish that.

Why doesnt the evidence point towards Bourdeleau who is undefeated this year and also has at least one win against Bollig from the AHL this season?

Oct 10, 2010

Did you not read the previous posts? Do you not read the Polls? Listen , i am not the one angry at all! Seems to me you're having a problem dealing with the obviousness of Orr losing to probably one of the least favorite players in leafs recent history.
Outsiders are telling you guys that Neil didn't hold/clutch on for dear life, but if it makes you guys feel better, then sure! :shakehead

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
the Orr Neal Fight this wasnt even a legit fight

both were too close to each other to throw and good punches

it was the aftermath of the Mclearen fight

both guys were throwing short punches

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
See this is where I have a problem with leaf fans as well. Neil "held on the entire fight" but yet he threw about 15 punches compared to Orrs 3 in that fight. Neil had Orr tied up but Neil was still active. If Orr cant get active there and takes some punches its a loss for him which it was. As for a bad fight it wasnt great but wasnt terrible. Not every single fighter has to fight with Orrs style like some leaf fans seem to think to be considered a good fighter. That style has Orr one concussion away from his career being done and had him spend a year in the AHL

Neil didnt hold on for dear life. That fight was boring to you because Orr is a one dimensional fighter, Neil threw about 15 punches but Orr couldnt get loose. Orrs a one trick pony in that sense and if guys tie up that arm and dont let him get free hes going to lose fights like he did in that one.

This whole post :laugh: If Orr is one-dimensional than I am glad he is. Every fight he is in is exciting unless the other guy hugs him. I dont understand the point of a "technical" fight. Thats not really a fight to me :laugh: If youre going to fight, fight, or don't drop the gloves simple as that. I would've said the same thing if Neil got tied up by Orr and the Orr just got little jabs in. That's soft as hell and I certainly wouldn't be bragging about the fight like some sens fans are doing here

Stop crying already!

No one is saying Orr didn't lose to Neil, you're just making it seem like Orr got worked. He didn't. At all. I realize you sens fans don't usually see good fights so this is all ya got but it was a terrible fight

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
2m7sps8.png

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
This whole post :laugh:

You really did a poor job explaining what was funny about it, you've only made you look even sillier and hurt your post even more. Here, I'll explain why.

If Orr is one-dimensional than I am glad he is

The fact that you precede this post with an "if" is enough to make anyone question your fight knowledge. Because really, it isn't even in question. Orr is all offence when he fights. It was discussed to death among Leafs fans after the Parros incident, unbelievable you somehow forget that.

The even more flabbergasting thing about your post, is that you somehow take that as a slight on Orr. How on earth is calling him an offensive fighter with no defence even remotely insulting? For you to take that as a critique on Orr, rather than the common sense it is, really is just unbelievable.

Not half as hilarious as your continuous attempt at downplaying Orr's losses to Neil and Westgarth. There is absolutely no reason for people to be such massive homers, when every neutral observer has been correcting them. Keep it up, this is great.

No one is saying Orr didn't lose to Neil

Wrong again, numerous people have said this in the last couple pages. Are you reading the posts in this thread?

Not only are people flat out lying and saying it never occurred, but a growing group of Leafs fans are attempting to create some fantasy world in which Neil held on for dear life while somehow quite clearly beating Orr. We've never seen anything quite like delusion like this before, but I've already posted the reasoning behind it.

EDIT - :laugh::laugh::laugh: Attempting to post a troll image by posting an old pic of an irrelevant player. You're almost as bad at trolling as you are at opening your mouth without embarrassing yourself. :laugh: This is too easy. I'd like to think a guy with a name like 'drop the mits' would know a thing or two about about fights, but if you can't even get the word mitts right...

Calm down buddy. This thread is talking about the best fighter in the league; which all evidence still points to Orr.

In your dream world, yes. In reality, all evidence points to this year being completely up in the air. Anybody saying that there is a clear answer does not understand how hockey fights or rankings work.

The clear losses against Westgarth and Neil aren't the reason (although they certainly don't help his case, I mean Westgarth, really? :laugh:), this shortened season with no inter-conference play is the reason.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Matt Kassian apparently hasn't lost a fight at the NHL level yet. Should be interesting to see how he does against Orr or McLaren when they face the Leafs...I believe that Kassian has already beaten McLaren before in the minors?

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This whole post :laugh: If Orr is one-dimensional than I am glad he is. Every fight he is in is exciting unless the other guy hugs him. I dont understand the point of a "technical" fight. Thats not really a fight to me :laugh: If youre going to fight, fight, or don't drop the gloves simple as that. I would've said the same thing if Neil got tied up by Orr and the Orr just got little jabs in. That's soft as hell and I certainly wouldn't be bragging about the fight like some sens fans are doing here

No one is saying Orr didn't lose to Neil, you're just making it seem like Orr got worked. He didn't. At all. I realize you sens fans don't usually see good fights so this is all ya got but it was a terrible fight

No one is making it sound like Neil pumped Orr at all. Thats the problem with people in here. Orr lost that fight period. Then leaf fans will say oh well its not a fight unless they both sit back and chuck bombs at each others heads and say that fight doesnt count.

Its easy for you to say it doesnt count or these guys shouldnt drop the gloves when youre sitting on your couch at home but how about you give up a tonne of height to Orr and go fight perfectly into his strengths? Its not Neils fault hes a strong guy and could keep Orrs arm tied up while throwing some punches but Orr couldnt do anything.

If Orr was the clear best fighter like some people on here think he wouldnt have allowed Neil to tie him up long enough to have Neil beat him in a fight. All anyone is saying is Orr isnt undefeated this year because regardless of what you "think" should count as a fight, Orr has lost one for sure and arguably 2 already this season while there are some leaf fans saying hes undefeated

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
How long ago was that? The question is who is the best now... Orr destroying fedoruk isn't coming up because it doesn't matter now. What matters is what is happening right now

A little over a year ago and since then Bordy has been dominating every fight I saw him in. This year in the NHL he beat up on every guy he ended up fighting with.

Mar 26, 2010

Stop crying already!

Orr did not lose to Neil LOL. Neil held on to Orr, scared to get his lights tuned off!

Orr will be looking for Neil...

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Patrick Bordeleau > Colton Orr.

Patrick Bordeleau can actually play the game of hockey, unlike Colton Orr. Patrick Bordeleau fought and won against Colton Orr last season in the AHL.

This is ridiculous. And that's coming from a Bordeleau fan. The guy has a grand total of 5career NHL fights. He hasn't even fought a true heavyweight at the NHL level. I'm not saying Orr is the best fighter but to suggest Bordeleau is , is crazy. Maybe in a couple of seasons when he has at least 25+ fights under his belt and when he's fought against some tougher opponents than the likes of Boll, Bissonette, Staubitz and Rupp.. But until then, the case remains to be seen. I look forward to seeing him take on some true contenders in this department such as Orr, McLaren, Scott and Parros.

Orr >> Bordeleau

Bordeleau = unproven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad