Best Dangle?

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by stoll_16, Feb 3, 2007.

1. stoll_16

stoll_16 Registered User

2. McNasty

McNasty Registered User

My favorite is the move Jokinen uses in the shootout, fakes hard across than slides it with 1 hand, only i go five hole cause it makes the goalie look worse. I can pull off the 360 michigan with my stick through my legs on foot, still working on it for skates though.

3. Samuel Culper III

Samuel Culper III Mr. Woodhull...

USAF, Ranger tabbed, army bound
    I also use the Jokinen move a lot and the Schremp/Lashoff behind the back version of the Marek Malik goal. The Jokinen move is just too easy and works every time... which is why I use it.

4. JLHockeyKnight

JLHockeyKnight IMA Real American

If you've been playing as long as he has, its not that sick of a move. I see a few guys on my team pull it off all the time at practice in roller hockey.

5. Samuel Culper III

I never said it was - it's just beautiful how well it works if you sell the fake before sliding the puck over. I'm older than Jussi... I've probably been playing longer - I'm just not at all as good as he is :biglaugh:

And besides when Forsberg did it, it was big stuff... than Jussi started doing it and now Wolski and Zetterberg use it, along with other NHL'ers, I'm sure, so it's not even that impressive anymore.

6. mattihp

mattihp Registered User

My ex-coach Kent Nilsson is the one who made it famous though ;)

7. Wooty

Wooty Registered User

Unemployed
    Video of this move please?

8. mattihp

mattihp Registered User

9. Wooty

Wooty Registered User

Unemployed
    Thanks.

That is the same basic move as the top hand push around. The first time I saw that was a dude on the Blackhawks, about 8 years ago or so (I am so bad with names). One of the Russians did it in a game, not a shootout.

10. Samuel Culper III

Yep - I remembered reading that back when I first saw Forsberg's goal (Foppa has long been a favorite of mine) but I was having a mental lapse when writing my response and couldn't remember who it was. Either way, Jussi and Zetterberg do it better now-a-days. Foppa almost got stopped. Jussi does it really smoothly, but Zetterberg almost has an extra move in the middle of it - his looks a bit more difficult to execute.

Jokinen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-KwQ7yBk8
    Zetterberg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Yt6rXPi84

11. canadian_man_44

canadian_man_44 Registered User

I know a guy that used to pull that move out on goalies. He even tried it out on me a few times. I am proud to say no one has ever scored on me with that move and they never will. It is too readable. When the player puts the stick down to pick up the puck and starts to turn, I'm pushing up close so when he tries to complete his turn all he gets is a face full of goalie.

I've also had a guy try the Malik move on me. As soon as he started to put his stick back between his skates, I poke checked the puck away. The other time the same player tried it, I waited him out and gloved it down.

My favorite move. Waiting for some dumba**ed showoff who thinks he's NHL material to try some hot doggin' move so I can make like Cheevers and poke check the puck and continue right through his skates. If a player is knocked down, it's harder to score. ;)

12. Greeneye

Greeneye Registered User

I'm sure you are good and all but somehow I think Zetterberg gets it past ya. ;)

13. canadian_man_44

canadian_man_44 Registered User

Probably, but, allow me to quote myself. "My favorite move. Waiting for some dumba**ed showoff who thinks he's NHL material" I think Zetterberg has proven he's NHL material and I probably won't get the chance to play against him in beer league.

Just as an after thought though, I have played against a 15 year veteran of the AHL when I was living in Nova Scotia and 6 players from the QMJHL and none of them ever scored on me much. I've stopped 5 breakaways from one Qleague player in one game, but enough of the bragging.

One more thing, the guy who used to try to pull the Crosby and Malik moves on me is the player who a few years before that had set the records in Midget in Nova Scotia that a guy we call Sid the Kid eventually broke. All in all, not a bad player.

14. broski

broski Registered User

Umpire and Landscaping
    I personally like the Pavel Datsyuck with the backwards toe drag it works well if you sell the shot.

15. colt45

colt45 Registered User

Home Page:
    i liked brian laich's move. pretty simple..but it works...i can't find a video of it.

16. razorsedge

razorsedge West Town Sports

Business owner
    Home Page:
    1. Dangle means, how fast a player can skate and handle the puck, not a fancy move or flipping the puck around.:teach:

2. I know everybody likes to call it the "Forsberg" move, but he wasn't the first to use it and definitly did not originate it either. Alex Zhamnov was the first to use it, and he was doing it in the NHL with his first team, the Winnipeg Jets.

The quality is bad, bad you get the jist of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iby7HVZX2aE

17. TBLfan

TBLfan Registered User

Being the best... ever
    Home Page:
    Forsberg did it in International play though. With that big of a stage you're going to get credit for it if you were the first to do it. Notice how some people are calling "the Michigan" move "the "Crosby"

Same thing. Just because you were the first doesn't mean that you're going to get the credit due... such is life.

18. YogiCanucks

YogiCanucks Registered User

Student
    I can pull of the Jokinen shootout where he goes to one side and one hands it into the other side of the net.
    I more commonly use the kick fake, forehand, back hand, topshelf (sid's move on Theodore)
    Tho my favourite it just tap the puck to my skate bump it back out again and shoot it below the blocker on the post.
    I can also do a Malik between the legs but thats simple and I can't even do it well at all.
    I wish I could pull off the Michigan OT goal.

19. LamborGREENie

LamborGREENie Registered User

N/A
    Not many dangle moves are used in the NHL today, to the exception of the "Zhamnov, Zetterberg and Michigan" moves. Players are more focused on getting goals now (I don't think I can say that for Krisitan Huselius on his attempt last Saturday) then they are of making fancy moves that might not work.

20. LeafDangler

LeafDangler Registered User

Works great for me. Thats the one I've been doing for a while now. Only been stopped a couple of times and it looks friggin sweet too. I have soem difficulty pulling off the Nillson/Forsberg/Zhamnov/Jokinen/Zetterberg move though. I think it has to do with me being a right handed shot and the keeper can poke check it much more easily

21. LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 Registered User

Home Page:
    So funny because yesterday Lupul and Torres were helping out run a camp that I was helping with. We had a little scrimmage at the end and I pulled a decent toe-drag on Lupul and gave him a hard time about it. The next time we were out he was coming in on me and looks at me and says "this time your screwed". Then he pulls that move off but just spins around me and puts the puck down on the otherside of me. I just started laughing hung my head in shame and skated off the ice to let a 6 year old out there in hopes that he could do better than me. Good times...

22. razorsedge

razorsedge West Town Sports

Business owner
    Home Page:
    Dangle means, how fast a player can skate and handle the puck, not a fancy move or flipping the puck around.

:teach:

23. colt45

colt45 Registered User

Home Page:
    i know that all the russinas did it before, but i call putting the puck between your legs to your forehand "the Ovechkin"

its really who does it more, or who did it in a bigger game, not who originated it.

24. puck_08

puck_08 Registered User

since when? :dunno:

25. Gallagbi

Gallagbi Formerly Eazy_B97

My favourite move to pull is the same one Kovalev used against Fluery in a SO the other day.

On a side note Dangle is another word for good deke. Guys can have sweet dangles and be slow as hell. It is exactly a fancy move.