Best Dangle?

nexusrage21

Dec 14, 2004
Best dangle?

I'm going to have to go with Robin Big Snake
Awesome. Awesome.

This isn't the best, but in my rollerhockey game the other day, I pulled the same move three times on the same guy because I kept losing control after I got past him and having to circle back.

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
That Zetterberg/Forsberg/Jokinen move doesn't work very well if you are right-handed (like me), unless of course the goaltender catches with his right hand. A right handed shooter has to score on the stick side with that move and it is too easy for the goalie to stop the puck with his stick as you are bringing it across. Even if the goalie misses it as you are bringing it back across the crease he still has a chance of reaching back with his stick before it crosses the line.

My favorite move to watch is the Datsyuk toe drag move that he did on Turco and Vokoun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoNt9SoUXQ

I'm not nearly good enough to make the goalie buy the fake so completely like Datsyuk does, so I'll do the fake shot, then a bit of the toe drag then push it back out wide to my forehand and around the goaltender.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
That Zetterberg/Forsberg/Jokinen move doesn't work very well if you are right-handed (like me), unless of course the goaltender catches with his right hand. A right handed shooter has to score on the stick side with that move and it is too easy for the goalie to stop the puck with his stick as you are bringing it across. Even if the goalie misses it as you are bringing it back across the crease he still has a chance of reaching back with his stick before it crosses the line.

If the goalie is really good that's going to be the case 99% of the time for a right-handed shooter, but if he's anything less than excellent, this little twist often helps (I'm right handed as well): If you look at the Pushkarev video, or any of the Zetteberg ones, there's a point where the puck is kind of "in the cradle", if you will, and it looks like they might go with the quick wrister. From there they usually make their fake and then swing the puck out wide. When you've got the puck in that spot, use the Bure move and bank the puck off your skate, back to the stick and then make the fake and swing it out wide. The little extra throws the goalie off the scent of what you're doing, so to speak and it's very easy to do. Try to add it right in the point of execution where Pushkarev kicks his other leg up as a fake. Just make sure you give yourself a tiny bit more space for the extra maneuver.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Lol actually what i have pulled off a few times as a righty is i do the one hander, except i put it 5 hole. You gotta watch the goalie though.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Lol actually what i have pulled off a few times as a righty is i do the one hander, except i put it 5 hole. You gotta watch the goalie though.

Yeah, going five hole works, and you can also use the one hand as a fake. I've dropped the puck to my skates, swung the stick out like I was putting in on the one-hand backhand and then kicked it to the opposite side and tried to roof a backhand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->