News Article: Best Canadian Sports Brands

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup, to be behind the Leafs and Habs is inevitable, and Raps and Jays are big league teams, so to crack the list at #6 is a feather in the cap to TNSE and their first 5 years back!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If you download the full results PDF there's more detail (duh). Some interesting findings. Not sure how the Ottawa Senators crack the Top 10 in atmosphere - that's a sleepy arena unless the Leafs or Habs are in town. It's funny too how the Jets are 3rd most respected but when people were asked 'what teams do you think people respect' they slip down in the rankings.

Also: NO ONE RESPECTS THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! :laugh:

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Really? They have a massive amount of fans all across Canada. Easily #1 supported CFL team.
Yup and the fact that Saskatchewan doesn't have another real professional sports team, you have the entire province behind them.

The Riders have very strong support.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We benefited from making the playoffs this year and the return of the whiteout. A ton of positive news around that - well deserved I might add.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Yup and the fact that Saskatchewan doesn't have another real professional sports team, you have the entire province behind them.

The Riders have very strong support.

If they continue to grow the way they have, I could see an NHL team there in a decade.

I always thought they would be a great location for our AHL team, although we are in a much more superior city now.:)

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Just heard on the radio that the jets were #3 in most respected franchises in Canada next to the habs and the jays.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
If they continue to grow the way they have, I could see an NHL team there in a decade.

I always thought they would be a great location for our AHL team, although we are in a much more superior city now.:)
I live in Saskatoon and no one here gives a **** about hockey, it's weird. Mostly riders fans and NFL fans. I can hardly find people to talk hockey with here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad