Speculation: Berube the next Leafs coach?

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
As Keefe demonstrated tonight, he's a great coach pushing all the right buttons.

I chuckle reading this thread and some of the suggestions.

"Gotta bring in a coach that was won a Cup before!"

Oh yeah? Randy Carlyle ring a bell? How about Mike Babcock?

You realize Bruce Cassidy, Jared Bednar, Jon Cooper (and the list goes on and on and on) had never won a Cup before...until they won. Sheldon is very capable of being on that list too.

• Haha
Reactions: colchar

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
As Keefe demonstrated tonight, he's a great coach pushing all the right buttons.

You realize Bruce Cassidy, Jared Bednar, Jon Cooper (and the list goes on and on and on) had never won a Cup before...until they won. Sheldon is very capable of being on that list too.
Ironically....getting rid of Babcock resulted in years of perpetual failure with Keefe at the helm. LOL

Keefe wouldn't even have an NHL job if not for his buddy that sucks at his job too.

Reactions: Al14

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Ironically....getting rid of Babcock resulted in years of perpetual failure with Keefe at the helm. LOL

Keefe wouldn't even have an NHL job if not for his buddy that sucks at his job too.
The stars had grown tired of Babock's style. This is the area that Keefe doesn't get enough credit. He created an atmosphere on the team that the Core 4 want to be here. They want play here and they're put in a position to thrive. Good coaches get the most out of their stars. Keefe is great at that.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
The stars had grown tired of Babock's style. This is the area that Keefe doesn't get enough credit. He created an atmosphere on the team that the Core 4 want to be here. They want play here and they're put in a position to thrive. Good coaches get the most out of their stars. Keefe is great at that.
You don't let kids run your team. As you saw the results.

Again...years of failure. Keefe was handed a gold and managed to turn it into straw. Thankfully he is the last morsel of those dark times. LOL

I expect more of the same...getting outcoached for an early exit. Then he's gone.

Mar 31, 2022
Lots of short memories here. Keefe has been solidly outclassed in pretty much all playoff series he has seen with Toronto. The shit PP, the players coming out flat in half the games, the refusal to adjust lines - it's gone on for too long.

If you want to keep compiling a decent regular season, he's your guy. If you want this team to chase a cup, you need a fresh tune for these players to dance with.

Reactions: Al14

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
The Vancouver coaching change worked.

We gotta try something

Edmonton worked out pretty good so far. Vegas worked out exceptionally well. Philly is much better than expected. Winnipeg seems to be much better with a new coach. Florida bounced back with Maurice after Coach Q left. How is Nashville doing? New York Rangers? Vancouver is significantly a better team under Coach Rick. Seems the vast majority of teams that make a coaching change are benefitting. With that said no team has as many pampered Princess as Toronto , so the response might be to curl up into the fetal position and sulk... no guarantee a coaching change will be a positive thing but there are plenty of examples where a change is significantly better than status quo.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
He didn’t see anybody better available last summer and gave Keefe a chance. Maybe Shanny likes him. That doesn’t mean Keefe’s job is safe if they have another first round exit. That would be five playoffs with one series victory to show for it. He’s the easiest change to make with the hope to improve the team.

Shanny will be gone too if they don’t win at least one round.

I think Keefe is a lame duck coach, anything short of a SCF should be a fire-able offence. Shanny on the other hand, I think as long as they are competitive overall, which they have been, he will stay, harder to get rid of a President when he insulates himself with possible coaching and GM changes, than it is to let go a 6 time playoff looser that has the talent the Leafs have.

Carolina would retaliate.

How?

It’s my opinion. Is that what people express here? Opinions. I’m not going to say “In my opinion” before every comment I make. LOL.

Exactly, I dont understand how people can think short of stats anything anyone posts here is anything but an opinion.

Reactions: Ports
Sep 18, 2009

Keefe leading the Leafs to another collapse is great work?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Other than the comment on Babcock, the rest of this post is pure comedy !!!

Keefe IS NOT getting all he should out of the core 4, or the rest of the team !!!

If he were, we would see more consistency out of the entire team, and our Leafs would be neck in neck with the Boston Bruins in the standings !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad