Speculation: Bergevin shut down by owner.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This doesn’t make sense. They wait until under a week before the TDL to do this? Did Bergevin present Molson with a trade that even he thought was flat out crazy?

Thats what I think.

Something like "I worked with my scouts for 7 weeks and we think we have a good deal for Milan Lucic".

I mean, even Kevin Lowe went all in for Pronger and made the cup finals, and a small internal budget. Would have had more success if not for Prongers wife.

What is Bergevin's legacy ? To have been the only GM in history who couldn't do squat with Norris and Vezina winners in their primes. First in history. Scratch that, he took that and made that team the worst in the league.

He is bad on a historic level.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
BGL is definitely connected with players and agents and FO types, so I wouldn't be so sure this is BS (I'm talking GLs actual words, not this misleading article). I do think the signs are there that Bergevin will in fact be fired after the season.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
No wheres in that article does it say M.B. was nixed because he tried to move Patches in a bad deal.
It's right there in the title.
NHL GM has been shut down by owner after another bad trade.

Hence the confusion by some here.
Love the idea that this last trade was the straw that broke the camels back lol
Did Bergevin present Molson with a trade that even he thought was flat out crazy?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
So do I. Nevermind the horrible results, I just cant stand hearing Bergevin and Lefebvre speak anymore. They sound like complete morons, it's frankly insulting.
In the grand scheme of things, it's just hockey.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So do I. Nevermind the horrible results, I just cant stand hearing Bergevin and Lefebvre speak anymore. They sound like complete morons, it's frankly insulting.

agreed. Have been saying that on Lefebvre for years now. Used to love to listen to Guy Boucher's pre or post game interviews, I want to stick my fingers in my ears or punch the screen when I hear Lefebvre talk hockey.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Seems like a rumor that kept getting more and more stuff added to it has more people kept spreading it and this person was like the 100th person to hear it. So he then wrote an article about it. It's crazy season again and I love it. :)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
agreed. Have been saying that on Lefebvre for years now. Used to love to listen to Guy Boucher's pre or post game interviews, I want to stick my fingers in my ears or punch the screen when I hear Lefebvre talk hockey.

I dont recall, do you speak french ?

I used to listen to Boucher interviews on french radio way back from his Q days to later on as our AHL coach.

He had so much insight, much like Gainey. That sort of demeanor should be the bare minimum for the Habs.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If not true we find out if another trade is made. Wonder if not true we will have one of these " I have full confidence blah blah" from Molson.

The straw that broke the camels back ?

Small move but yes , speaks volumes. Guy with skill out, pylon collection intact.

Of course, it appears CJ prefers the pylons.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I dont recall, do you speak french ?

I used to listen to Boucher interviews on french radio way back from his Q days to later on as our AHL coach.

He had so much insight, much like Gainey. That sort of demeanor should be the bare minimum for the Habs.

my French isn't so great, can read it a little. It's one of those things I'm planning on doing when I retire and have the time to learn this and other languages like Russian.

Agreed 100% though on his insights, the guy might not be a good NHL coach but man could he talk hockey.

Reactions: Andrei79

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Not a reliable source. But if it were true that Molson was ready to move on from Bergevin, he needs to do so right now and find an interim GM to trade Shaw right away. If it is in fact true that some teams actually want Shaw, he needs to be traded now before those teams realize it would be a mistake to get him.

Reactions: BLONG7

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
What a mess....we are officially the joke of this league.

Our beloved habs have no more fizzil. 24 cups, legendary player/coach and GMS and today joke around the league. Our top score who scores 30 plus year and year out(yes not this year but 6 or 7 time prior) is worth less then a Nash or a Kane.....whatever

Somewhere on these board, a Pens fans judged all of us fan, mocking us....and what do you say cause it's pretty obvious, this team is terrible. We have seen players running coaches out of town and vise versa but in the last 20 years alone, it's bigger then what is on the ice. The Molson are again , in the tick of things.

Now a couple of things can happen and turn this team around quicker then expected. We are about to draft in the top 5(hopefully better) and something like 5 top 100 picks. Bergevin is done IMO and the New GM can wheel Price/Weber back in with top notch play.

Before they go on and trade a top talent on this talented lacking team, the return has to be good.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad