Speculation: Bergevin in Chicago talking to Doug Wilson

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Why would they not just talk on the phone?

On the other hand, if you lived away from family ( I doubt) why would he waste time on a 24 hour visit to go to the rink when he could be reintroducing himself to his wife?

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Why would they not just talk on the phone?

On the other hand, if you lived away from family ( I doubt) why would he waste time on a 24 hour visit to go to the rink when he could be reintroducing himself to his wife?

Air Miles, talking hockey and a conjugal visit. Trifecta.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
And I'm saying the speculation is ridiculous. Putting a tag up justifies ridiculousness? :)
Yes because it's as accurate as your speculation on what they might be discussing.

GMs talk trades and they talk about non-hockey related matters. Why is speculation on what they might be talking about bad, but discussing fan proposed trades or trade rumors ok?

Isn't this what a sports forum is for?

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
The following deal has been confirmed by a very reliable source.

To Montreal
Toews
Kane
Keith

To Chicago
Desharnais
Bourque
Weaver

They obviously get the better player out of this deal (DD >>>>>> Toews + Kane) :sarcasm:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I would love to see Marc-Edouard Valsic in Montreal as a top 3 with Subban and Markov.

That would be the NEW big three in Montreal ;-)

Galchenyuk + Beaulieu would be the price. And that's such a high price, I wouldn't do that from MTL's side. Even then it'd mean SJ is rebuilding.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Burns or Doherty please

With the news that the salary cap may freeze, cap issues are on GM's minds, the Habs waiving Bourque could leave room on our cap if he's picked up. Doherty's(RD) place in the Sharks defence was lost with the addition of Mueller(LD)pushing him done the depth chart in San Jose. Taylor Doherty is a mammoth sized RD @ 6'8" - 240 lbs. in great shape and could bring the Habs the right side toughness that Bergy was looking at in Franson TML's for Gorges earlier. Joe Finley the Bulldog's new LD was a former !st rounder that just didn't fulfill his upside, but Doherty could provide the Habs a good option on RD for physical teams like Calgary Flames, etc.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
What would the Habs need to finish ahead of TB and Boston? More than one player and they would have to give value in return (and the trading partner would have to take Bourque as well).

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Really?

He mentioned on antechambre that he didn't tell his family about the GM interview in case he didn't have to move his kids. I'm pretty sure his family lives in MTL. Where did you hear/read otherwise?

I think it was in an interview this year with Ron Fournier. The question was : what's the toughest part of being the GM of the Habs? And he said that it was about not being with his family as they stayed
In Chicago. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure. The interview on AC you're talking about was like 2 years ago. Things change.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
When, and I mean...when do these stupid scenarios ever amount to anything?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I wonder what's the least we can give up to get a prime offensive piece.

Think Joe Thornton or something. Boy that'd be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad