Value of: Bergeron and Marchand

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
They will most likely finish they career in Boston but just out of curiosity if the Bruins went the Rangers way and decided to rebuild, what would you be willing to give up from your own team to get them together?

Bergeron has 2 season left on his 6,875M contract
Marchand has 5 seasons left on his 6,125M contract

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Marchand could be worth a lot more than teams would offer, especially with that contract but it's very expected that they both finish their careers as a Bruin.
I expect return for Marchand being close to the Kane proposals that were trending a while ago.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
They will most likely finish they career in Boston but just out of curiosity if the Bruins went the Rangers way and decided to rebuild, what would you be willing to give up from your own team to get them together?

Has Boston decided to go rebuild mode? I wouldn't think so at this stage, you'd think they'd be trying one last time, with this group... but maybe with Chara retiring (if he does), it's time?

It would be fantastically weird, to see some of these guys move on. That being said, with the flat cap world,, it's pretty hard to move anyone with larger contracts right now.

With Bergeron's groin, that's an even harder move right now. Who wants to pay much in trade assets, for an older player, with groin issues, in the flat cap world? And please understand, that isn't meant as disrespect to the player, he's had a fantastic career, it's just where we are right now.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017

I do not think that the Bruins are in the same situation as the Rangers were. The Bruins are one of the better teams most likely. They have young players who are very good and prospects who are ready to make the jump to the nhl. Totally different situation.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Would basically take a McDavid or Draisaitl type player to really push the Bruins to trade them. I guess that’s answers the value question and that they will not be traded anytime soon and most likely never.

for the sum of the last 4 seasons

Marchand
5th in regular season points
1st in playoff points
4th in +/-
Plays first line PP and PK
Known as the biggest pest in the league

Bergeron
.93 P/GP
Selke finalist each year
Plays first line PP and PK
Known as one of the best two way Centers in the league.

Both on amazing contracts

Reactions: PeanutButter37
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

The real problem is the teams that would want them likely can't take on over 12M in capspace.

xxsciroccoxx

Dec 17, 2010
I hate the Bruins with a passion (I'm Habs fan) but man, they have so much current and in the pipe-lines talent :(

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I would looooove to add Bergeron but there’s a salary cap so we’d never agree on a deal based around valuable futures and cap dumps so Edmonton is out

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Would love Marchand on the leafs but they wouldn’t offer what he’s worth. Surprised nobody has mentioned Nylander in here yet lol

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Would love Marchand on the leafs but they wouldn’t offer what he’s worth. Surprised nobody has mentioned Nylander in here yet lol
Why would Nylander be mentioned in a thread about Bergeron and Marchand? There are like 50 players I would think of before Nylander. You must be looking for the Drouin empty points thread.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Why would Nylander be mentioned in a thread about Bergeron and Marchand? There are like 50 players I would think of before Nylander. You must be looking for the Drouin empty points thread.
It was a joke lol. Nylander gets brought up to be traded in basically every thread about value of good players

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
First off let me say that the Bruins will not be trading these guys. Their value to the Bruins as a duo even at their age is sky high.

Having said that, as a Jets fan I would offer a package built around Laine. Something like ...

Laine
Stastny (salary cap purposes) 1 year remaining at $6.50 M
Roslovic
Gustafsson
1st

I am definitely not one to advocate the trading of Laine, but if a package can be put together that works for both sides, this is the kind of deal I would consider.

Sure the age is a big risk as is Bergeron only being under contract for 2 seasons (hopefully he’d be willing to extend for another 2) but adding both their playoff experience to the Jets would be HUGE and would push them back into the Stanley Cup conversation again.

Have a feeling many Jets fans would loathe this trade just because of the age factor, but I personally think it makes the Jets better even if it is short term.

Bruins fans will likely hate it too and that’s understandable because as I said, I don’t believe Marchand or Bergeron are going anywhere. They’re too valuable to the BRUINS!!! My proposal is just fantasy to play along with the OP.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I'd offer Tarasenko+Schenn+futures, but I'm guessing Bruins fans are going to want way more futures than I'd want to give

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad