Recalled/Assigned: Benn Ferriero

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Actually liked him at center. Our C options are Richards, Stepan, Boyle, Arnott and Halpern. Richie and Steps are average and the other three are slow. Nice to add some speed at center.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I really liked the Hagelin - Ferriero - Callahan line, lots of speed and some great forechecking from that combination.

I'd love for us to get our hands on a top 6 W to pair with Steps and Pyatt and have the Hags-Ferry-Cally line as the 3rd line if Ferry plays like he did against Toronto consistently and if Kreider doesn't find his game when he recovers from his injury.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He played solid, pretty fast and cycled the puck well, etc. Seems like a solid bottom sixer and Torts seemed to like his game

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Really don't think Ferriero can stick defensively as a Center.

with Arnott now he wont have too, he's the 13th F and reality is he likely goes down to CT, Kreider will too......then they just call up when needed as they have so far this yr......it saves on the cap

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

He has a motor similar to Hags and Cally. Quick line, they got the puck deep and cycled well. I like him.

My question is can he replicate this type of effort every game.

SomE*

I can't believe how many of you whined about how they traded Kolarik for him... Chad ****in Kolarik

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
if you followed him in SJ, ferriero usually would play great the first few games after a recall and then level out and become invisible. hopefully if he sticks he can change that pattern and maintain his level this time

SupersonicMonkey*

if you followed him in SJ, ferriero usually would play great the first few games after a recall and then level out and become invisible. hopefully if he sticks he can change that pattern and maintain his level this time

If those few games contribute to getting the team back on track, that's fine.

But Tortorella does have a knack for getting a lot out of certain types of players. Our team is slow overall unfortunately, his speed sure helped. Hope he can stick even if its short-term.

SupersonicMonkey*

By the way...three Boston College alumni on the roster. I like it. As one of my favorite hockey programs.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

Hopefully he can at least keep it up long enough to allow Kreider to heal and comeback. If the kid can step in and add a spark for 5 games here, 5 games there I'll take it

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The guy has been bouncing around for 3 years has a bunch of NHL regular season & a couple of playoff games under his belt. I'm sure he is hungry & want's to stick around.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010

This.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He'll get to keep his spot for now while the situation with Arnott gets resolved. I think Sather is still looking to add to the team, but it is going to be difficult at this point, unless it is picking up an UFA. Langkow is an option. Would a team be looking to deal a forward even at this point?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
If Benn can keep his momentum he'll keep his spot. Hopefully Torts is the right coach for him.

Best bet in finding another forward is either the few free agents listed or waiver wire.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So now can we agree he should be on the 3rd line over Michael ****ing Rupp, Bleed Ranger Blue?

Ha, congratulations - I think this post represents the schizo tendencies of hfboards as well as anything.

As I've explained many, many times, I dont think Mike Rupp is a suitable 3rd line option. But whats absolutely comic gold is that you're ready to proclaim Ferreiro as a legitimate 3rd liner for this team after 1 game and 12 minutes of ice. Why are you wasting your time here? You should be a scout.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ha, congratulations - I think this post represents the schizo tendencies of hfboards as well as anything.

As I've explained many, many times, I dont think Mike Rupp is a suitable 3rd line option. But whats absolutely comic gold is that you're ready to proclaim Ferreiro as a legitimate 3rd liner for this team after 1 game and 12 minutes of ice. Why are you wasting your time here? You should be a scout.

Eh it's not actually that crazy to suggest that he at least get a look there, we know Rupp isn't a 3rd liner. I don't really have any hopes that Ferriero is a solution on the 3rd line but it's worth a shot for some games.

The Rangers really need either Kreider to get back into the lineup and produce, or to acquire at LEAST a good third liner player while Hageling also gets back up to form and can contribute on the 2nd line

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Eh it's not actually that crazy to suggest that he at least get a look there, we know Rupp isn't a 3rd liner. I don't really have any hopes that Ferriero is a solution on the 3rd line but it's worth a shot for some games.

The Rangers really need either Kreider to get back into the lineup and produce, or to acquire at LEAST a good third liner player while Hageling also gets back up to form and can contribute on the 2nd line

Im sure he will get a look - that doesnt mean hes a longterm solution. Hes a guy in his mid 20's that hasnt been able to hold down an NHL job. How many times have we seen a guy come up, bursting with adrenaline for a chance, play well, and then have his play level off when reality catches up? The odds are where this is headed.

Sure he'll get a look - theres really no other choice - they need bodies up front right now.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

I'd say it's more funny that you were up in arms about him playing on the third line against the leafs and now that he played on that line and a higher line in that game with success the board is schizo and the posters who disagreed with you get sarcastic "you should be a scout remarks."

If anything, this represents why this board needs to take it's foot off the gas a little with the pessimism. Let someone suck before you complain about them sucking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad