Recalled/Assigned: Benn Ferriero

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
First Segal. Then Newbury. Now Ferreiro.
I guess we will see this before Jason Wilson gets the call though
hell-freezes-over.jpeg

Where Johnny Malkin when Torts needs him?
;)

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
HF Article on him:
"Ferriero is a tenacious, fiercely competitive forward who plays equally well at both ends of the ice. He has great hockey instincts and does a superb job of reading and following plays. While Ferriero may be small he is by no means weak. His strength makes him a difficult player to move off of the puck and the way he plays his game makes covering him a daunting task for opposing defenders. Ferriero has shown a willingness to go to and take the punishment in front of the net to create scoring opportunities. He is also powerful skater. While his offensive ability is outstanding, Ferriero could stand to shoot the puck more often.
GDA head coach Peter Kravchuk’s insights on Benn Ferriero: “Benn is a tenacious competitor and he loves having the puck on his stick. He's plays bigger than his 5'11/ 175 lbs frame and is never afraid to play physically or with an edge. He is strong on his skates and is a very good skater. Of the players I've coached he has the best lateral movement and the ability to change directions in an instant. Benn has a good understanding of the game. He played regularly here as a freshman primarily because he was reliable in his own end. He never lost that conscientiousness to play at both ends of the ice. For the past couple of years we used him in every situation and he is equally effective as an offensive or defensive presence.”

I like what I'm reading. Seems like some speed for the bottom 6 finally.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
i knew this was gonna happen. it's all a matter of who he fills in for, though...

Stu Bickel. Hopefully.

Edit: I really think this trade could make Sather look like a genius, if he clicks with Boyle or Halpern.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Meh... Might as well see what he can do. He has some experience at this level at least... We could use some of that on the bottom lines. Some better decision making throughout the line-up.

SupersonicMonkey*

He has skill. Hopefully he gets a shot on the third line and gets a chance to do something.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so Torts lied and called someone up, lol...............please be for Bickel and not Kreider. Assume Asham is out still

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kind of scary what an injury and an ineffective Kreider can do to the lineup.

Just a carousel of AHL players at this point.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
So much for Torts saying no callups from the Whale :laugh: I love him but sometimes that man talks out of his you know where....

He has speed and can forecheck and goes to the net. Hopefully Torts can work with him and maybe turn him into a Ryan Carter like player.

You need speed in the bottom 6.

I expect something like this;

Gaborik-Richards-Nash (aka the Megapowers Line)
Pyatt-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Ferriero
Kreider-Halpern-Rupp

unless they keep Bickel up front which is pointless. He'll probably take Emminger's spot regardless because Torts loves him.

Expect Sam and Joe to talk about how Boyle and Ferriero know each other and how it could lead to on ice chemistry :banghead:

I'd still like to see Mashinter get a shot as well.

Punxrocknyc19*

So much for Torts saying no callups from the Whale :laugh: I love him but sometimes that man talks out of his you know where....

He has speed and can forecheck and goes to the net. Hopefully Torts can work with him and maybe turn him into a Ryan Carter like player.

You need speed in the bottom 6.

I expect something like this;

Gaborik-Richards-Nash (aka the Megapowers Line)
Pyatt-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Ferriero
Kreider-Halpern-Rupp

unless they keep Bickel up front which is pointless. He'll probably take Emminger's spot regardless because Torts loves him.

Expect Sam and Joe to talk about how Boyle and Ferriero know each other and how it could lead to on ice chemistry :banghead:

I'd still like to see Mashinter get a shot as well.

watch one of those get interviewed and asked did you play on his line? how was he in school :help:

Dorado*

Yes , THE CUP IS OURS !!!! ( haven't seen this old one yet this year )

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Guy better come out with fire in his eyes and just forecheck the heck out of everything and then he'll never go back down.

Ferriero had speed which Rupp does not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad