Waived: Ben Smith on waivers

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh.

Liked him more than Zubrus and Brown.

Whatever though.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Ben Smith clears waivers. Think that guy can help someone

Not surprising, still feel bad for the guy.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Smith is off the SJ roster, I'm assuming he's been sent to the SJB.

Zubrus has been activated from IR.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Was not at Barracuda practice today.

Speculation: Sharks could have given him a few days to report and/or to decide whether he wants to terminate contract (unconditional waivers) and not report.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Pashelka reporting Smith is with Sharks in Arizona (it is the father's trip).

It's interesting he's off the active roster but still with the team.

I guess it was nice of them to let him & his dad come along for the road trip since his dad was already around.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Was not at Barracuda practice today.

Speculation: Sharks could have given him a few days to report and/or to decide whether he wants to terminate contract (unconditional waivers) and not report.

If they mutually terminate his contract, are we still on the hook for his cap hit?

I still feel bad for him. Seems like a really decent guy and he definitely still has a place in this league, assuming he's healthy.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If they mutually terminate his contract, are we still on the hook for his cap hit?

I still feel bad for him. Seems like a really decent guy and he definitely still has a place in this league, assuming he's healthy.

I don't think so but I really can't see Smith wanting to do that as he'd be leaving quite a bit of money on the table.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland

No. His cap wouldn't affect us if they mutually terminate his contract. And because his dad is on the road trip too I feel even more bad for him right now :cry: I really hope he get a chance somewhere. He would deserve it.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I hope a team that will use him claims him. I feel like he was pretty solid, but obviously wasn't in our plans.

EDIT: Or not...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad